Little Plant 2016-11-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Little Plant 2016-11-01

Post by DilyV »

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:Why, Phix? You have to know the story here... Why would you allow poor Castela to see this at her age? She'd be much more understanding and able to hold her temper at an older age.
Well... in yesterday's strip, Pickle explicitly protested against the "You're too young for this" brush-off. She's insisting to be treated as an adult in this matter.

So, Phix had a difficult choice to make. Either "pull rank" as an uber-adult, play the "in loco parentis" card, and deny Pickle's choice to accept adult responsibilities... or accept her as an adult, give her what she asked for (demanded), and then help her deal with the consequences afterwards.

My guess is that denying Pickle access to the truth, at this moment, might only have made things worse. Pickle is plenty smart enough to realize that being locked away from the truth of Atsali's past, would mean that something weird was going on, and she's dedicated enough to keep looking for the truth in other ways. She wouldn't have been put off for long.

I think Phix realized that the cat was already most of the way out of the bag. Giving Castela direct access to the real story could be safer and perhaps less painful than what would happen if Pickle decided to play Rogue Investigator and started asking questions of everybody who might know parts of the story. It might end up being easier on Atsali, too.

What Phix did, seems to be consistent with Sphinx culture as a whole... Sphinxes are all about individual strength. Betcha they don't consider "coddling of the weak" to be a virtue.

But, yeah, this is gonna leave a mark. :(
I only hope that Phix knows what she's doing... I can see her grabbing our little weed after the epiphany and looking her straight in the eyes and asking... "Alright... you wanted to know, now you know. Question is, Castela... what are you going to DO with the knowledge you've gained?" Question is... will Castela be in any condition to decide?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I only hope that Phix knows what she's doing...

Well it is her first day on the job and isn't used to children . . . uhm, no scrap that idea. Phix has been THE librarian for a while, and knows more than most sentient beings. Not sure how much detail the holodeck will show, but our little pickle is about to see things as they really happened.
Gonna be the emotional equivalent of Mr. Toad's wild ride. . . (deposits a copy of "The Wind in the Willows" into the pun jar)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

In frame three, is Widdle Pwant covering her ear-analogues?

Methinks A'sawi is a little loud . . .

--FreeFlier
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Gyrrakavian wrote:So, is that "Q" as in "que", as in "cue", or as Q from StarTrek: The Next Generation?
[Kosh] ...YES... [/Kosh]
Don't planto mihi adveho illac