You Get It 2016-10-27

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

You Get It 2016-10-27

Post by Dave »

"It", however, might not be what you expect.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/you-get-it/

Lily's expression says to me, "Hi there. This really was not my idea. Please do not kill me again."
Atomic

Re: You Get It 2016-10-27

Post by Atomic »

Or, maybe you Don't get it -- at least in the way you were expecting!

It's one thing to be aware enough to ask the question. Understanding the answer is a whole different thing.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Humm, G'ma Lily is gonna be a ghost instead of a vampire at the rate she keeps getting paler. It appears that Tanta Phix has a few questions as well. I can just hear Lily breaking out in a rousing rendition of the opening song from Mister Rodgers neighborhood.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Pickle: "The only thing standing between us and information is us. Aaaaaaaaand Tanta Phix...."

I think Phix is erroneously Phixated on Lily... I also feel that Phix is going to realize pretty quickly that Lily isn't the driving force here.

Question is... Did Tanta Phix hear Pickle make the Bureaucracy remark?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Question is... Did Tanta Phix hear Pickle make the Bureaucracy remark?
Pickle may be sadly mistaken if she believes that the Library is a bureaucracy-free zone. Bud feels otherwise...
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The optimism of youth (Castella), and the cynicism of experience (Lily).
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Tanta Phix is not amused.

. . .

The next question is why?

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

On reconsideration, it appears as if the majority of the stinkeye is directed over Castela's head ... and someone obviously feels that it's intended for her...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

PHIX: "You brought her up here, didn't you?"

(LILY says nothing, points down at Castela)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

It may be that Tanta Phix is about to shatter Castela's belief in the free access to information at the Library with a "I checked out what you want to know, dear, and I'm afraid that's off limits for you. Have some tea and cookies."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Nice double meaning with the title.

"You get it" as in what Pickle is saying and "you get it" as in the look Phix is giving Lily that screams 'You damn well understand what you're doing'.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Here in the Library, there is nothing between us and information, except us... and the scary as shit Librarian!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I think Atsali deserves to know the truth, however.

And let's be honest: Given what we know about Castela, one way or another, she can get that information if she really wants it. She'll either convince Phix to let them have what they're looking for, sneak in and take it anyway, or the highly unlikely probability that she'll use force or coercion.

Of course, Phix could just be about to tell them that they really wouldn't like what they find, because she's already seen it herself, and probably explain to them that it could seriously damage Atsali's relationship with Castela.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

ziggy78eog wrote:Here in the Library, there is nothing between us and information, except us... and the scary as shit Librarian!
And, as we know, even the most mundane librarian can be scary!

In this case, the Librarian might
  • Declare that Castela, now a seeker after knowledge rather than a beloved youngster, must qualify for access. Here's your enigmatic riddle, kid.
  • Direct Castela to the one book in the Library which has the information she seeks. Unfortunately it's written in a phonetic transcription of a dead language... one whose speakers were preliterate. There is no written dictionary that Pickle could use to translate it.
  • Sorrowfully report that the book in question is already out on loan... to Hendrick Van der Decken.
  • "We're closed for renovations, kid, after that dingbat Thymbris blew up the fifth floor stacks. Come back in about ten years and we'll probably have that section reopened."
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Tanta Phix is first and foremost the Librarian. As such she protects the library from others and vice versa.
There's no doubt that 5in I pickle seeks is in there, the question is, is it safe to share????
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote: . . . Sorrowfully report that the book in question is already out on loan... to Hendrick Van der Decken. . . .
:lol:

Though I thought it was Henrik . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:
Dave wrote: . . . Sorrowfully report that the book in question is already out on loan... to Hendrick Van der Decken. . . .
:lol:

Though I thought it was Henrik . . .

--FreeFlier
No - that was his cousin, also known as "The Flying Dutchman" - he was a trapeze artiste.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:No - that was his cousin, also known as "The Flying Dutchman" - he was a trapeze artiste.
Who, as Kami Kazud once warned, did eventually make the classic mistake of trapeze performers. He went up on the swings to do a show, having forgotten to tighten his groin strap.

After his quadruple mid-air somersault, at the end of which he was caught by his partner and suddenly decelerated to a stop at about 5G, he was known as "The Crying Dutchman." :shock: :(
umbrellaclown

Post by umbrellaclown »

FreeFlier wrote:Tanta Phix is not amused.

. . .

The next question is why?

--FreeFlier
It kinda looks like resignation and sadness.

"I know you didn't intend this, and the truth is best coming directly from us. That said, this is still really going to hurt them."
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:No - that was his cousin, also known as "The Flying Dutchman" - he was a trapeze artiste.
Who, as Kami Kazud once warned, did eventually make the classic mistake of trapeze performers. He went up on the swings to do a show, having forgotten to tighten his groin strap.

After his quadruple mid-air somersault, at the end of which he was caught by his partner and suddenly decelerated to a stop at about 5G, he was known as "The Crying Dutchman." :shock: :(
{We will now observe a moment of silence for Joel Rosenberg, gone way too young.}

"Thirty years later, the phone rang"