Buggy Bumpers 2012-09-24

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Buggy Bumpers 2012-09-24

Post by Fairportfan »

kingklash wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Shelly's expression...
"Hahn-day Tzadle-bay-da!" is how our elders would put it.
Would that bear any similarity to "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative"?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Reference for today's comic:
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

All these puns are making me a little green around the O'gills, and quite Frankly are earning my Eire.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Dave

Post by Dave »

Wdot wrote:All these puns are making me a little green around the O'gills, and quite Frankly are earning my Eire.
Well, Darby the problem!
Julie

Post by Julie »

Poor Monica...looks like the bikini string had already started melting before Euryale could thaw her out...and her brain seems to be a bit melty too. :( I wonder how quickly she'll snap out of this.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I suspect the only "cure" for her issue is a remedy from a book you can only find at a certain library.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Avenger_Reloaded

Post by Avenger_Reloaded »

It looks like more than the crazy is loose. :lol:

Regarding the string I'm pretty sure the care instruction on the laundry tag should read, "Do not freeze dry." Even after being thawed, it's likely it was broken down by the drastic changes in temperature. The stress on that particular string led it to be the first to go.

Regarding her being confused, well brain freeze only affects a remarkably small protion of you.
COMPLETE brain/body freeze on the other hand should require a significant amount of time to recover.
Myths which are believed in tend to become true. -George Orwell
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:I'm wondering (purely out of intellectual curiosity, mind you) whether the subjective effect of an excess gorgon-freeze is closer to two or three shots of potent brandy, a couple hundred micrograms of LSD, or an accidental ingestion of jimson weed.
Apparently, yes.
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Dave wrote:
Wdot wrote:All these puns are making me a little green around the O'gills, and quite Frankly are earning my Eire.
Well, Darby the problem!
Come on, let's not get in a Paddy about it.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
illiad

Post by illiad »

CraigR wrote:It looks like Mon's brain isn't the only thing that hasn't completely thawed yet: Her boobs are showing a remarkable defiance of gravity...
well I think that pablo has caught the moment that the string has *just* pinged off... another second, and her attributes would fall to their normal resting position.. 8-) 8-)
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/braless-pirouettes

Also, to find yourself in a clinch (for the third time!) must be disorienting... :P :P
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

zachariah wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote:
jwhouk wrote:I'd make some sort of a pun about ice and hard liquor, but I've got nothin'.

Monica on the rocks?, nah to easy... yeah i got nothing also..
How about she's shaken but not stirred?
dont know about shaken, but i think she will need depth charged of air to bring her Slowly back from being incoherent depending on how she was fast she was unfrozen due being in a warm place, i suspect Euryal flash froze her so fast that the oxygen discharged and she couldn't breath during the flash frozen,so i would have to say with drinking analogy we can come up would be in fact..

Monica on the rocks mixed of course with chaser of gin and vodka 120%proof
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Fairportfan wrote:
kingklash wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Shelly's expression...
"Hahn-day Tzadle-bay-da!" is how our elders would put it.
Would that bear any similarity to "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative"?
Pretty much, yeah. Monica is acting pretty darn Tzadle-bay right now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:Monica on the rocks mixed of course with chaser of gin and vodka 120%proof
I think that recent history shows us that "Monica on the rocks" requires a different chaser.
Geek_on_call

Post by Geek_on_call »

Dr Custard??? She see's Dr Custard when looking at Shelly??? Emergency Poit to the nearest MRI scanner, STAT !
She is in serious distress here!!

I can't tell which way she is facing in relationship to the ocean, which is the direction ocean breezes come from.
So there is only one direction she can face safely.

Given M's cup size, Gravity doesn't have a chance unless she bends forward. If needed Shelly can do a "Being Erica" and help preserve Monica's dignity.

Finally, I thought Gorgon's turned you to stone.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
- Groucho Marx
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Geek_on_call wrote:Finally, I thought Gorgon's turned you to stone.
Well, Euryale's ice-gaze has been established for awhile in the story. Paul had a comment once, now hidden, where only Medusa had the stone gaze. Third sister Stheno turns people to sand. According to the Horse's Mouth.

TALK TO THE SAND.
Geek_on_call wrote:Dr Custard??? She see's Dr Custard when looking at Shelly??? Emergency Poit to the nearest MRI scanner, STAT !
She is in serious distress here!!
Who was opining that the Crimson Mantis was the villain, and Dr Custard, the hero? I don't think the crew has been let in on this part of Monica's interior life.

I suppose this means her brains and bosom are still thawing out. Or maybe she's a very special kind of dead drunk, and the Lethe is a river of frosty honey mead.
Geek_on_call wrote:Given M's cup size, Gravity doesn't have a chance unless she bends forward. If needed Shelly can do a "Being Erica" and help preserve Monica's dignity.
"Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

George Santayana.
Last edited by Yamara on Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
slywlf

Post by slywlf »

Bra-vo! :lol:
<adding a snifter for the Tully>
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

OBTW, am I the only person here who's saying "Oh, look, it's in color"?
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Geek_on_call wrote:Finally, I thought Gorgon's turned you to stone.
Medusa...yes. Euryale turns folks to ice. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Man, what a great comic!
Lee M wrote:OBTW, am I the only person here who's saying "Oh, look, it's in color"?
...it's in colour?? *looks again*

*returns to forum* Man, what a great comic!
Lee M wrote:OBTW, am I the only person here who's saying "Oh, look, it's in color"?
...it's in colour?? *looks again*
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)