Asked Him 2016-08-31

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Asked Him 2016-08-31

Post by lake_wrangler »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/asked-him/

Somebody's desparate... :roll:

Poor Timothy, caught in the middle... He was doing so well, too, until Scarlet arrived...
lake_wrangler

Re: Asked Him 2016-08-31

Post by lake_wrangler »

And comparing the height difference in yesterday's comic, it would appear that Scarlet is actually lifting Timothy off the ground! What is she thinking??? :?

Either that, or stretching him a bit... I'd say about four inches more that he is comfortable with...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Scarlet is becoming adept at pushing Castela's buttons... I do hope she survives finding out what those buttons do.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Actually i dont think its gonna be Castela's buttons she gonna have to worry about. I gots a feeling little Timmy is about to use a tactical nuke on her dreams. He may be small but he does look like his is some form of lion and is about to claim the title of king of beasts.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Pickle looks like she's about to go all splody and stuffs... that's not good... has anyone checked the geometry of this? Or more likely trajectory, because I think Scarlett is about to play Alice Cramden... (To da moon Alice!!!) Scarlett isn't pushing buttons... she's stomping all over them. You have to wonder if the blush lines on Castela are blush lines or flush lines as she heats up to meltdown.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

It's interesting that Timothy is consistently preferring to use her formal name "Castel", rather than the informal diminutive. She's always been "Castela" to her peeps, up until now.

I suppose that's appropriate for a dog-boy, such as he appears to be... it shows that his intentions are sirius.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:It's interesting that Timothy is consistently preferring to use her formal name "Castel", rather than the informal diminutive. She's always been "Castela" to her peeps, up until now.

I suppose that's appropriate for a dog-boy, such as he appears to be... it shows that his intentions are sirius.
Paul once said "lion", didn't he?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Current score: Scarlet 4, Castela 2.

Victory condition: Pickle.

And the not-so-little weed looks more embarrassed that angry in that last frame.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I really hope that one or both of them tells Scarlet they're fed up with her behavior some time this week.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote:Current score: Scarlet 4, Castela 2.

Victory condition: Pickle.
Just so long as he's not trying to spend more time with Castela so that he has more opportunity to get to know her sister. . .
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

DilyV wrote:Scarlett isn't pushing buttons... she's stomping all over them.
Tap dancing... Astaire calibre.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Scarlett seems to be poking one lion (Castela) while muzzling another.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:Tap dancing... Astaire calibre.
I'm singing in her brain,
I'm singing in her brain!
What a glorious feeling,
I'm trolling again!
I'm singing in her brain!
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

You realize that's Kelly rather than Astaire, right? I could've gone either way on that, check out this bromide....
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Scarlet doesn't seem to have much a self-preservation instinct.
Dave wrote:It's interesting that Timothy is consistently preferring to use her formal name "Castel", rather than the informal diminutive. She's always been "Castela" to her peeps, up until now.

Oi! Pun jar!

I've never understood giving someone a nickname that's longer to say than their actual name (barring cases of difficult pronunciation, and cases of multiple folks in the group with the same name).
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
mcavity

Post by mcavity »

Or.. she could be just completely clueless and not realize her crush is not reciprocated..
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

You'll notice that Scarlet is doing it too, in the last panel.

Maybe that's because they're growing up, and shedding their childish ways behind.

You know, kind of like...
I Corinthians 13:11 wrote:When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
sheik

Post by sheik »

This will be a test for Castel.
Scarlet has absolutely no clue what kind of fire she is playing with.
And a lot of it has to do with that (pensive?) look Castel had in the first panel.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:You know, kind of like...
I Corinthians 13:11 wrote:When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
But she isn't really talking like an adult. She's fibbing a bit. She's putting on a spin. She's talking like a politician!

Scarlet didn't ask Timothy to be her study buddy. She just declared that she would be a great, superior, fantastic, and amazing study buddy, and tried to seduce him into asking her.

She didn't get Timothy's vote... but now seems to be claiming him as her prize, as if there was no question she'd won the election.

This is going to be interesting to watch...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Of course, things like that NEVER happen in the Real World...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.