Have At That 2016-08-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Have At That 2016-08-22

Post by Opus the Poet »

Li'l stinkweed is more powerful than previously supposed.

EDIT: Linky http://wapsisquare.com/comic/have-at-that/
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Re: Have At That 2016-08-22

Post by FreeFlier »

Given that she just impressed Bud with a feat of strength . . . :o

--FreeFlier
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

Somehow I think Bud wasn't expecting an end-to-end 'field goal' from her; and did she break something...? Other than the rock, I mean...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"... she lines up... the ball is hiked, and she... IT IS GOOD!!! IT IS GOOD!!! FROM THE 50 YARD LINE!!!"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Sgt. Howard wrote:"... she lines up... the ball is hiked, and she... IT IS GOOD!!! IT IS GOOD!!! FROM THE 90 YARD LINE!!!"
Fixed that for you...

Look, Buds the one who was cracking the sound barrier while venting and tossing golf balls out of the atmosphere.

She can't be easily impressed.

That said, I don't think the hole in the side of the cliff is just broken; I think it's also glowing with residual friction and converted momentum...
The Moon's just coming up, Look, See that little dark spot to the right of center?
The one with the rays radiating out from the middle?
Well, I did that...
Grantcmccormick

Post by Grantcmccormick »

I think that Bud just saw Pickle do something that she thought no non-Golem humanoid could do.

I wonder if Castela can make compressed diamonds?

Even if all she can manage are ordinary diamonds, that might get her some pocket change.

If so, she may have a way to pay for home repairs at the Gilchrist Estate.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

She may have been frustrated, but she was still definitely holding back when she produced her artwork at home.

I expected her to vapourise the rock, as we've seen her do before.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:Look, Buds the one who was cracking the sound barrier while venting and tossing golf balls out of the atmosphere.
More than breaking the sound barrier - those things were burning up like wrong-way meteors.

And we will not discuss the way that the compressed calendar machine departed at 2/3 C...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

There is only one word fitting this circumstance... I'm sure Pickle will appreciate it....

You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Just noticed Castela is stuttering again . . . Though just in the last frame.

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Look, Buds the one who was cracking the sound barrier while venting and tossing golf balls out of the atmosphere.
More than breaking the sound barrier - those things were burning up like wrong-way meteors.

And we will not discuss the way that the compressed calendar machine departed at 2/3 C...
:D Awwww, you remembered!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

:D Awwww, you remembered!
Remembered?

Hey - i did (some of) the math myself at the time - i remembered it as twelve minutes when i typed that last post.

About whether it would burn up on de-entry - i don't know what the mass of the CM was, but, given original size to post-Bud size, that little lump might be running up close to neutronium densities. Lot to burn away in the brief time it would be transiting the atmosphere.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:About whether it would burn up on de-entry - i don't know what the mass of the CM was, but, given original size to post-Bud size, that little lump might be running up close to neutronium densities. Lot to burn away in the brief time it would be transiting the atmosphere.

but that's the thing, it wasn't the CM that was "burning up" that we saw... That was the ATMOSPHERE getting turned into a plasma from the bow-shock of the air getting compressed faster than it could move out of the way of the CM moving thru the space the air molecules previously occupied... i highly doubt that ANY of the CM was removed during that brief time.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AnotherFairportfan

scantrontb wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:About whether it would burn up on de-entry - i don't know what the mass of the CM was, but, given original size to post-Bud size, that little lump might be running up close to neutronium densities. Lot to burn away in the brief time it would be transiting the atmosphere.
but that's the thing, it wasn't the CM that was "burning up" that we saw... That was the ATMOSPHERE getting turned into a plasma from the bow-shock of the air getting compressed faster than it could move out of the way of the CM moving thru the space the air molecules previously occupied... i highly doubt that ANY of the CM was removed during that brief time.
Oh, right. I misapprehended something.

Hate to think what radiation monitors in the Mipple City area registered that day.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Hate to think what radiation monitors in the Mipple City area registered that day.
Lots of UV. Remember all the fuss they started making back then, about the dangers of indoor tanning booths? MIB misdirection.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Ozone Alert Action Day.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

GOOD BOOTS that one could take that kind of impact and not disintegrate. :shock:
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:Just noticed Castela is stuttering again . . . Though just in the last frame.

--FreeFlier
Personally, I'm attributing it to her temporarily losing confidence, upon seeing Bud's reaction...
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

From that day forward, by special paranormal dispensation, Castela was forbidden to ever participate in any competitive sports...

We've had hints before, but this confirms it: Castela is definitely at home in the overpowered crowd...
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

*looks at Notre Dame's depth chart at kicker*

I have to tell you, Castela, you would look GREAT in blue and gold.