This Way 2016-08-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

This Way 2016-08-17

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/this-way/

Sound the horn! Tally ho!
DilyV

Re: This Way 2016-08-17

Post by DilyV »

This is getting to be a keystone cop chase!!!! Who's next? Laurel and Hardy?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Baxter!!!! :D Goofy doggy!
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Didja ever have one of those days where you just wanted a little peace and quiet . . .but everybody and their sister didn't want anything peaceful or quiet.

Monica will either join in the horseplay or have a raging fit. . . .and then join in the horseplay. Odds are even money in Vegas.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

meisdadoo wrote:Didja ever have one of those days where you just wanted a little peace and quiet . . .but everybody and their sister didn't want anything peaceful or quiet.

Monica will either join in the horseplay or have a raging fit. . . .and then join in the horseplay. Odds are even money in Vegas.
I'm thinking Baxter might get his tail singed by Astral fire...

Would that make it ASStral fire?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, the debate over exactly whom Shelly was pranking is settled...

... her target was Monica.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Someone else will be through tomorrow.

And Friday, the Jaguar Girl will rise, up, terrible in ber wrath, an smite one elemental, two sphinxes, whoever shows up tomorrow {i'm thinking Lily and,Suzi ... though it could be one or more GGs} and one shadow child (and her little dog, too).
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Somebody call Jin. They're gonna have to go island-hunting again...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
illiad

Post by illiad »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Someone else will be through tomorrow.

And Friday, the Jaguar Girl will rise, up, terrible in ber wrath, an smite one elemental, two sphinxes, whoever shows up tomorrow {i'm thinking Lily and,Suzi ... though it could be one or more GGs} and one shadow child (and her little dog, too).
nah.. :) phix will appear, and say "don't worry sunshine, :D I have a spare 'clue bat' so you can join in!! :twisted: :E :E

first decent web comic I saw, decades ago..:) :)
eee

Post by eee »

Yes, let us not forget Monica IS extremely powerful, and when pushed has shown a tendency to lash out with her powers in extremely destructive ways. Nudge is a prime example. People running roughshod over her may be stomping on a land mine without realizing it. Let us hope her time with Jet has healed her.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Why am I hearing Yackety Sax?

Don't forget that when Monica dropped Nudge into the volcano, she was being manipulated by a master manipulator to do exactly that . . .

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Does Monica know the locations of any particularly odoriferous swamps? or perhaps the settling ponds at a sewage treatment plant? :?
eee wrote:Yes, let us not forget Monica IS extremely powerful, and when pushed has shown a tendency to lash out with her powers in extremely destructive ways. Nudge is a prime example. People running roughshod over her may be stomping on a land mine without realizing it. Let us hope her time with Jet has healed her.
Shelly's comments to Connie suggest otherwise... that Monica has actually been encouraging her own sociopathic tendencies.

Fortunately, everyone who has bushstompered M this week is physically very tough, and as far as we know M isn't personally familiar enough with any supernovae to poit anyone into one.
FreeFlier wrote:Why am I hearing Yackety Sax?
There a band playing it in the other side of that hill over there.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

FreeFlier wrote:Why am I hearing Yackety Sax?

Don't forget that when Monica dropped Nudge into the volcano, she was being manipulated by a master manipulator to do exactly that . . .

--FreeFlier
I'm thinking more 'Foggy Mountain Breakdown'...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

The ball began to glow with a strange inner light. Then it began to expand. It grew until it was several feet in diameter, and the inner light grew brighter and brighter, and we all cried in wonder as a picture appeared and then we heard sounds.

We were looking at the interior of a pretty little cottage where an old lady snoozed on a stool. We could hear her peaceful snores, and the sound of chickens and pigs, and the gentle murmur of a stream. Birds sang and bees droned drowsily, and the sun-dappled leaves of a tree rustled outside the window.

An ant scurried across the floor, carrying a tiny crust of bread. After a moment a roach appeared, and began to scuttle after the ant. A rat stuck its head from a hole and dashed after the roach. A cat bounded after the rat, and then a dog bounded through the door and raced after the cat.

The whole procession charged beneath the old lady's stool and tipped it over, and she sat up and rubbed her eyes, unleashed a torrent of peasant profanity, grabbed a broom, and started in hot pursuit of the dog that was chasing the cat that was chasing the rat that was chasing the roach that was chasing the ant that was carrying the crust of bread.

It is difficult to describe in words, but the scene that unfolded was incredibly comic. Around and around they went, racing through the door, climbing back inside through the window, smashing through the flimsy walls, reappearing through a hole in the roof, and reducing the furniture to splinters. The variations appeared to be endless, and they were so ingenious that Miser Shen and I held our sides as we howled with laughter. At one point, the old lady's slashing broom sent every piece of pottery flying through the air, and they all came together with a crash. The fragments fell to the floor, and as one piece landed on another, they formed a solemn statue of the Sacred and Venerable Sage of Serenity. The mad procession raced outside and splashed through a pond, and when they crashed back inside through another ruined wall there was a huge bullfrog squatting on the old lady's head, croaking indignantly.

Miser Shen and I might have laughed ourselves to death if Li Kao hadn't reached out and touched the crystal ball. The glow faded, and the sounds and the picture vanished, and the ball shrank down to its former size.

Barry Hughard, "The Bridge of Birds". If you haven't ever read this story (and its sequels)... by Crom, you simply must!!!
illiad

Post by illiad »

eee wrote:

Yes, let us not forget Monica IS extremely powerful, and when pushed has shown a tendency to lash out with her powers in extremely destructive ways. Nudge is a prime example. People running roughshod over her may be stomping on a land mine without realizing it. Let us hope her time with Jet has healed her.
Let us not forget ALSO, that she is not THAT powerful .. she can AFAIK only make her victims experience their worst fear..

Nudge hates 'bath time' ... That 'bathroom', strangely, is an active volcano... :O
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/worst-fear/ and the next ones.. :P
Last edited by illiad on Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Dave, that's PERFECT!
And yes, read it-you'll thank us later, promise.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

DilyV wrote:This is getting to be a keystone cop chase!!!! Who's next? Laurel and Hardy?
More like the Keystone Kops.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long