Midnight Raid 2016-08-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Midnight Raid 2016-08-11

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave

Re: Midnight Raid 2016-08-11

Post by Dave »

Over-full tummy, plus caffeine, plus lots of chocolate and cream and sugar yet to come...

It's a good thing this was scripted for a Friday. I think Atsali, at least, may need to sleep in late on Saturday.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Two bottomless pits . . . Their grocery bill must be sky-high.
Dave wrote:Over-full tummy, plus caffeine, plus lots of chocolate and cream and sugar yet to come...

It's a good thing this was scripted for a Friday. I think Atsali, at least, may need to sleep in late on Saturday.
And possibly Sunday.

--FreeFlier
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave wrote:It's a good thing this was scripted for a Friday.
To borrow a line from Tuesday's comic, I'm confused now. Where does Friday come into play on this Thursday morning?
Dave

Post by Dave »

AmriloJim wrote:
Dave wrote:It's a good thing this was scripted for a Friday.
To borrow a line from Tuesday's comic, I'm confused now. Where does Friday come into play on this Thursday morning?
From http://wapsisquare.com/comic/own-it/ - Kath said that this was "end of the work week" (which I'm assuming is Friday in her portion of the Wapsiverse) and that she was planning to take the girls out to dinner that evening.
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

Thank you... I had overlooked that detail.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I could be wrong and probably am but wont this time jump make pickle about the same age as Astali was when she was first introduced? Maybe we are looking at the start of a wonderful adventure featuring the girls. The Gilchrist sisters and the Temple of Sugar.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:I could be wrong and probably am but wont this time jump make pickle about the same age as Astali was when she was first introduced? Maybe we are looking at the start of a wonderful adventure featuring the girls. The Gilchrist sisters and the Temple of Sugar.
At this point Castela is (we were told) in fifth grade and Atsali is a senior.

This does not track, but fifth grade is about when a lot of girls start to notice boys...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I'm thinking we (the Royal, but still unwashed 'We') retconned it to mean that Castela jumped a grade or two...
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Unless Kath's bedroom is hermetically sealed, making coffee will wake her up... that's pretty much my alarm clock when mom makes coffee in the morning. It tends to permeate the whole house
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Oh yeah, the food coma. I'm very familiar with this as a cyclist. Also familiar with going back for more after a quick recovery period. :o :lol:
One definition of a cyclist is eating machine on two wheels. When I was riding every day I was consuming between 4K and 5K Calories a day, and losing an average of a pound (half a Kg) a week. Before I learned how much I needed to eat I lost 10 pounds in the first week of my 20 mile/day commute.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Opus the Poet wrote:Oh yeah, the food coma. I'm very familiar with this as a cyclist. Also familiar with going back for more after a quick recovery period. :o :lol:
One definition of a cyclist is eating machine on two wheels. When I was riding every day I was consuming between 4K and 5K Calories a day, and losing an average of a pound (half a Kg) a week. Before I learned how much I needed to eat I lost 10 pounds in the first week of my 20 mile/day commute.
What's rough is when you become accustomed to that sort of routine, and then stop the heavy regime of strenuous exercise (perhaps due to injury)... but keep the eating habits.

I grew up in logging country and saw that happen to several loggers. They quickly become excessively round.
Dacquoise11

Post by Dacquoise11 »

Atsali and Castela remind me a lot of my sister and I growing up! Getting up before our parents on the weekend and "cooking breakfast", planning midnight kitchen raids when we were kids, sneaking beers and cigarettes on camping trips as teens, going to get tattoos on our 18th birthdays and here we are now, in the edge of our early thirties, on a whim, getting daith and septum piercings. Super Fun! I got lucky when my younger sister showed up, I got a Partner In Crime!
Some day in six inches of
Ashes will be all
That's left of our passionate
minds,
Of all the world created
By our love, its origin,
And passing away. -Marichiko
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

What's a daith, and why would you pierce it?

Though, I'm more partial to tattoos. I'd like to get another, but between not having the money, having the money for other stuff, and not really interested in going anywhere, it's kind of a back-of-the-shelf thing right now. Mainly because I want to build an AR-10, and pay a few visits to the military surplus store for putting together an AWOL bag.

Anyway, for some reason Castela looks like she might be a bit taller than she was a few strips ago. Like, compared to when she was with Timmy. It could be perspective, though.

Have they actually called him Timmy in the comic? I don't recall that. But then, there's a lot of crap I don't remember of the comic, like whatever ejected Kath and Atsali from a pyramid, causing Atsali to land face first in Kath's cleavage.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AmriloJim

Post by AmriloJim »

Yes, Timmy has been named several times in the dailies, as well as credited in the character notes below them.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

This is a daith piercing

There's some talk about them curing migraines, but it looks like a bunch of hogwash. Daith piercings are decorative.

Migraines are a neurological and circulatory issue. A hole in your outer ear isn't gonna do anything.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:Oh yeah, the food coma. I'm very familiar with this as a cyclist. Also familiar with going back for more after a quick recovery period. :o :lol:
What's rough is when you become accustomed to that sort of routine, and then stop the heavy regime of strenuous exercise (perhaps due to injury)... but keep the eating habits.

I grew up in logging country and saw that happen to several loggers. They quickly become excessively round.
It's a retirement hazard for loggers and farmers: caloric expenditure drops sharply, and caloric intake doesn't drop enough.

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Any sort of intense manual labor worker, really. Same for truck unloaders. One guy went from the back room to the electronics department and would have ballooned up if he hadn't started going to a gym every day.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote:But then, there's a lot of crap I don't remember of the comic, like whatever ejected Kath and Atsali from a pyramid, causing Atsali to land face first in Kath's cleavage.
That was when they dived through the Mapimi stargate, just ahead of the crashing helicopter gunship, after Atsali bailed out of it just after she stole it and used it to blow up the other chopper...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

AmriloJim wrote:Yes, Timmy has been named several times in the dailies, as well as credited in the character notes below them.
Really? I thought that it was always the more formal "Timothy" instead of the casual "Timmy."

Dang it, now I'm thinking of Timmy from South Park...
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.