Framed 2016-08-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Framed 2016-08-04

Post by AmriloJim »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/framed/

I suspect tomorrow we'll see the trio at Buca, with Kath quietly waiting for Castela to broach the subject. If it doesn't come up by dinner, then the axe falls.

EDIT: I meant by dessert.
Last edited by AmriloJim on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwhouk

Re: Framed 2016-08-04

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah, probably exactly that.

Though that is a nice piece of abstract art, if you ask me.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Well played, mom.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sigh they are both going to force mom to adult arnt they. Now which to react to, the hair or the wall.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think the haircut is going to be a non-issue. It's cute, it will grow back out eventually, and she left it her natural color. The broken concrete wall on the other hand... will not grow back, is not cute, and is not natural for a concrete wall.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Well played, mom.
Yes indeed.

I'd wondered what she was going to do with the frame . . .

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

FreeFlier wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Well played, mom.
Yes indeed.

I'd wondered what she was going to do with the frame . . .

--FreeFlier
Oh, i figured this as soon as she mentioned a frame.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atsali may sometimes be oblivious, but on occasion her timing is absolutely perfect.

She's now in a ideal position to give her younger sister a most personal gift, which will prove to be very useful very soon.

She can weave Castela a hair shirt!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Opus the Poet wrote:I think the haircut is going to be a non-issue. It's cute, it will grow back out eventually, and she left it her natural color. The broken concrete wall on the other hand... will not grow back, is not cute, and is not natural for a concrete wall.
Unless it's that self-repairing concrete. But I'm betting it isn't.

I'm guessing Paul has a tweenage daughter.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Actually I kind of like the way Kath said: "I see what you did there..." LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Hmm, I don't think Kath will say anything like 'seen the new frame/ artwork'... It would be simpler to wait for Castela to break down and say sorry... :lol: :P
DilyV wrote:Actually I kind of like the way Kath said: "I see what you did there..." LOL
where? I think you may be 'filling in details' of what message she sent to Castela.. :)
FirehawkShadowchild

Post by FirehawkShadowchild »

Am I the only one who can see a spider in this quite artfully cracked wall?

They should keep the frame and the "picture" where it is - also as a nice reminder for the not so little weed what can happen, if she's not careful

Spider-crack, Spider-crack,
does whatever a Spidercrack does.
Can it move from the wall ...
... no it can't but it can spread ...
it's the Spi-i-i-der-crack.
eee

Post by eee »

Pickle is so adorable in the last panel. :D
s-o

Post by s-o »

.. when a stool pigeon walked in ...

ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

I'm going to have to remember that next time I have a hole in the wall to fix.
illiad

Post by illiad »

FirehawkShadowchild wrote:Am I the only one who can see a spider in this quite artfully cracked wall?

They should keep the frame and the "picture" where it is - also as a nice reminder for the not so little weed what can happen, if she's not careful

Spider-crack, Spider-crack,
does whatever a Spidercrack does.
Can it move from the wall ...
... no it can't but it can spread ...
it's the Spi-i-i-der-crack.
remember we still have old 'instincts'.. we will try to 'make a face' out of purely random data... just like we will be on 'lookout' for any threat, in case a spider jumps! :D
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

illiad wrote:Hmm, I don't think Kath will say anything like 'seen the new frame/ artwork'... It would be simpler to wait for Castela to break down and say sorry... :lol: :P
DilyV wrote:Actually I kind of like the way Kath said: "I see what you did there..." LOL
where? I think you may be 'filling in details' of what message she sent to Castela.. :)
I was referring to when someone makes a pun and someone gets it and says: "Oh! I see what you did there..."

This was Kath's way of letting Castela know that she knows... in an albeit artful way of saying, "We need to talk." or "I know what you did this afternoon".

Kath was pretty quick on the uptake during Atsali's explanation of what happened... She may have thought Atsali made the damage to the wall at first, but as 'Sali explained it, it became blindingly obvious what happened.

For as mature as Pickle seems to be for her age, I have to wonder if she understands that her sister is clueless and boys will be boys? At least I don't think Atsali was being so heartless as to mess with poor Timothy's head like that, nor do I think she did that just to get one over on her little sister...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
sheik

Post by sheik »

I find it particularly amusing that a creature that can cold cock a bull elephant is afraid of the consequences coming from her human mother.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yup. :lol: And, there's another message along with it. Framing the damaged wall, is a bit like putting up the kid's latest finger-painting on the refrigerator... it sorta says "I value you, kid."

In this instance, it's "Yeah, you did something out of bounds... I see it... you see I saw it... we can't just ignore it... but I'm not really mad at you, and the fact you did it doesn't make you a bad person. I still love you, regardless."
sheik wrote:I find it particularly amusing that a creature that can cold cock a bull elephant is afraid of the consequences coming from her human mother.
There is no known super-power, or para ability, which gives its bearer the ability to resist Mama's Voice Saying The Full Name.

No one is sure why this is, although various theoretical-physics research have proposed that it has to do with the characteristics of strange and charm quarks.

Since Kath is both quite charming and rather strange, her Mother powers are probably quite potent.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I wonder if Castela had previously realized just how much damage she did to the wall . . . or if she just punched the wall and stomped out without looking.

--FreeFlier