The Way 2016-07-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

The Way 2016-07-13

Post by AmriloJim »

Dave

Re: The Way 2016-07-13

Post by Dave »

I think she's just become an adult.

She's realized that adults don't somehow magically have the answers to Life, the Universe, and Everything. There is no There, there. The WTF doesn't go away.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Our little whatsit has become pensive. :cry:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'The Undiscovered Country', indeed...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Somehow, she needs to hear a replay of this conversation
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea first step in becoming an adult. Starting to worry about the future instead of the now.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Young Lady, I am 62 years of age this August and I STILL am clueless about this "Growing Up" thing... if you are completely bamboozled by it, you are in good company. 'cause the SCARY humans are the ones that THINK THEY'VE DONE IT!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Sgt. Howard: that may be because AFAICS you are a man, and worse, a military man, where 'growing up' is only a 'blip' compared to the huge things that happen to ladies... :/

If you did do any thing at puberty, it could be it was 'marched out' of you.... :P Only a guess, how about telling us?????
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

illiad wrote:Sgt. Howard: that may be because AFAICS you are a man, and worse, a military man, where 'growing up' is only a 'blip' compared to the huge things that happen to ladies... :/

If you did do any thing at puberty, it could be it was 'marched out' of you.... :P Only a guess, how about telling us?????
in case it was 'marched out' of him, it was a big thing too. as for us ladies ... well, it depends on so many things, what will actually happen. but i can tell you this: nobody expects what will happen to her ( or him, as it is). pretty much like the spanish inquisition, which, as well, nobody expects.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Akasha wrote: pretty much like the spanish inquisition, which, as well, nobody expects.
however, of course, one must ALWAYS. Expect. Ninjas.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

illiad wrote:Sgt. Howard: that may be because AFAICS you are a man, and worse, a military man, where 'growing up' is only a 'blip' compared to the huge things that happen to ladies... :/

Wuff... that almost sounded angry... I was 22 when I enlisted, so puberty had already done some damage by then. I'll grant, suddenly having a body that I don't recognize that does things I was not ready for and is capable of pregnancy would definitely throw me for a loop- but even so, male or female this concept of 'grown up' is more than a little elusive. "Marching it out of me"? HAH!!! HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!!! If ANYTHING, the Army HELPED to create this over-aged juvenile delinquent that you now correspond with!!! FOCUS, yes- DISCIPLINE, yes- DETERMINATION, yes- MATURITY?!?- bullshit!!!
And you forget one important factor to the equation- no, male bodies don't go through the hormonal roller-coaster that women go through, but unless we develop a taste for what I call 'Left handed sexuality', we have to UNDERSTAND the female of the species if we are to follow our natural drives ... how do you understand a person who (generally) does not understand herself?... and that is not to say that guys at that age understand themselves that well... it's more like we are less impacted by it or simply are not as much concerned... usually...

And while I'm at it... I STILL maintain that the scariest people on this planet are the ones who fully consider themselves adult. Not all of them, but certainly the ones who BELIEVE themselves 'adult' but maintain a level of selfishness that would make a two year old cringe... I shall refrain from naming names...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote: And while I'm at it... I STILL maintain that the scariest people on this planet are the ones who fully consider themselves adult. Not all of them, but certainly the ones who BELIEVE themselves 'adult' but maintain a level of selfishness that would make a two year old cringe... I shall refrain from naming names...
What he said.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote: we have to UNDERSTAND the female of the species if we are to follow our natural drives ... how do you understand a person who (generally) does not understand herself?... and that is not to say that guys at that age understand themselves that well... it's more like we are less impacted by it or simply are not as much concerned... usually...

Good sir, after 3 sisters, 2 ex wifes, one current wife and raising a daughter i am no closer to understanding the female of the species than i was as a teenager. Please i beg you tell me your secrets!
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote: we have to UNDERSTAND the female of the species if we are to follow our natural drives ... how do you understand a person who (generally) does not understand herself?... and that is not to say that guys at that age understand themselves that well... it's more like we are less impacted by it or simply are not as much concerned... usually...

Good sir, after 3 sisters, 2 ex wifes, one current wife and raising a daughter i am no closer to understanding the female of the species than i was as a teenager. Please i beg you tell me your secrets!
Rather simple actually- choose your battles wisely, respect her expertise in matters you do not comprehend, allow that she has authority over certain aspects of your relationship... and spend a great deal of time nodding and smiling... and accept that you will NEVER understand her mind, because it is geared in a manner that was specifically designed to confuse you. Period. Much the same way that your mind confuses her. In other words, capitulate gracefully while maintaining your own dignity(what little you might have left).

Clue 1) Flirt with her on a continual basis.
Clue 2) Remember dates, likes/dislikes and similar.
Clue 3) Actually LISTEN when she talks to you (look in her eyes).
Clue 4) Try at least three different positions per encounter when being intimate.
Clue 5) excuse me... I have a desire to romp my wife right now... I'll get back with you...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I'll have to keep those in mind for when a woman actually takes an interest in me.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.