Before She Melts 2012-09-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Before She Melts 2012-09-20

Post by shadowinthelight »

I think someone needs to give Monica a sarcasm lesson.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Leak

Re: Before She Melts 2012-09-20

Post by Leak »

Aren't there any icing-proof glasses or something you could give Euryale (or Monica)?

That's the umpteenth time now she's done that - you'd think she's doing it on purpose... :D
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Guffaw!

Also LOL, Snerk, and Giggle!

Titter, even.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Casey

Post by Casey »

It seems to me that Monica is giving her friends the cold shoulder.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Is this going to be an ongoing problem with our favorite gorgon? :D
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Now, THAT'S an OOPS!

"...before she melts." *snicker* Might be interesting to watch that, sometime...
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yeah; this is NOT the place you want to be turned to ice.

Hot.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Leak wrote:Aren't there any icing-proof glasses or something you could give Euryale (or Monica)?
There was an episode of Class of the Titans where they did just that to protect themselves from the Gorgon Sisters.
That's the umpteenth time now she's done that - you'd think she's doing it on purpose... :D
It is looking a bit like Amy Farrah Fowler's friendship with Penny. ;)

Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Sjeezz.. is Monica réally thát thick????

Or is she -as usual- stuck in a whiney-navel-staring state of mental fugue?

I guess though, that Nudge is -indeed- about to get Phix to come to the beach (Phix in a sexy swimsuit.. some elderly members are already stocking-up on heart-medicine...)
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Casey

Post by Casey »

Icy you guys didn't really care for my pun. It got a rather chilly reception.

-carefully balances a chest freezer on top of the pun jar-
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

If Euryale is gonna keep hanging around Monica, maybe she should start studying under a Zen Master.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

You know, I do like the way Paul's approached Euryale and her abilities. Unlike most of Wapsi's cast (Monica, Shelly, GGG, Tina) who have various reasons they are ashamed or secretive about their supernatural abilities, Euryale seems far more comfortable with who she is. A bit too comfortable. Whereas the GGG, Monica, or Tina would try desperately to avoid flexing their abilities when shocked (to mixed results), Euryale doesn't have that same buffer, resulting in these repeated freezes of Monica EVERY time.

Euryale's a perfect tool for the changing tone of the comic too. Focus is shifting away from the human world and more towards the other realms where supernaturals dwell (Phix, Nudge, Bia). Supernaturals who, like we just saw with Phix, are prone to let their inhuman natures fly freely. Euryale's a middle-ground on the opposite end of Tina and the GGG. She's used to dealing with humans, but still a bit too comfortable in her normal supernatural state.

I'm not sure if this was the original intention with the character, but it definitely seems to be working well for her. Given her a unique role in the already large cast besides group momma (already well covered on opposite approaches by Brandi and Amanda), considering her original "fangirl" aspect was dropped.

- - - - -

EDIT: On an unrelated note, if Euryale's ice morphs can actually "melt", we've learned Monica's protective POITing reflex is not without its flaws.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

When, when, when, when, when!? When is Monica going to learn not to look at Euryale when speaking to her? It's rude, but surely Euryale would understand and not take offense. Something can be frozen and unfrozen just so many times before some sort of permanent damage befalls it.

Though a little melting might be good. Monica's been wanting to take some off her breast size anyway.
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
shadowinthelight

sonicthunder wrote:EDIT: On an unrelated note, if Euryale's ice morphs can actually "melt", we've learned Monica's protective POITing reflex is not without its flaws.
Of course. Monica's instinctual poiting of bullets was probably triggered by the tactile feedback of them touching her skin before they penetrated. There is nothing to feel before magical freezing.

Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

shadowinthelight wrote:
sonicthunder wrote:EDIT: On an unrelated note, if Euryale's ice morphs can actually "melt", we've learned Monica's protective POITing reflex is not without its flaws.
Of course. Monica's instinctual poiting of bullets was probably triggered by the tactile feedback of them touching her skin before they penetrated. There is nothing to feel before magical freezing.
That could be. It may be propagated to the victim at the speed of thought and work from the inside, out.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Ha! I don't know who to feel sorry for, both girl and Gorgon have both got to stop doing this to each other. How do Eury's sisters handle thing like this?
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

I'm starting to think that Euryale freezes people because she likes thawing them out.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I dub thee Iceberg Monica the first. Ice floats and most of it will be below the water. Considering it's tropical water they better move fast or it's goona be who want Ice in their tea. Considering the tempature some of moinca's features are already softening. Is that one way for her to get a breast reduction?

A new fast, fast, fast, way to melt those inches away. Fat-Be-Gorgon-gone-gone. Available in fine web comics anywhere for the low price if 9.99 plus tax, vat, import duties, extra energy taxes, carbon footprint reduction fee, and environmental impact statement for altering the water content. Final cost: 9,999,999.99 Payable in instalments.

<clink> not for pun but for the advertising fee.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
CraigR

Post by CraigR »

They better hurry, or Monica is gonna lose her toes and fingers. The smallest bits melt first.

This has been bothering me for a while: Could Euryale freeze someone, let them melt, collect the water, pour it in an ice mold shaped like the person, freeze it, and then revive them?
Sideromelane

Post by Sideromelane »

CraigR wrote:They better hurry, or Monica is gonna lose her toes and fingers. The smallest bits melt first.

This has been bothering me for a while: Could Euryale freeze someone, let them melt, collect the water, pour it in an ice mold shaped like the person, freeze it, and then revive them?

You would probably get a nice person-smoothie that way, and although that might appeal to the sphinxes in the cast, it may upset the others a tad.
We might die and be destroyed. But we do not surrender, and we never -- Ever -- Quit.