lifespan 2012-09-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

lifespan 2012-09-19

Post by Jabberwonky »

Nudge's face in panel two. There's your trickster...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Re: lifespan 2012-09-19

Post by Fairportfan »

Ow

Ow oh ow

Oh oh oh Owwww

OWWWWW
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

I suspect you can read monica feelings when she's in a bikini. When she is happy they are up. When she down, they are down. Either that or gravity wins again.

Sarcasm gently applied. Guess who is going to poit nudge back to the library?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Nudge is busy working to get everyone back together.

But I still want to know what Nudge did to fix Shelly's abandonment issues with Bia. Shelly wouldn't be so perky otherwise.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

"Ah, but you've overplayed your hand, Nudge. Brandi can't keep her mouth shut. She'll immediately correct you and let Phix know I still cling to life."
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

If Monica doesn't POIT her out over the open ocean as her rebutal....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Correction"

"Mayfly", not "housefly".
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

My2Cents wrote:Nudge is busy working to get everyone back together.

But I still want to know what Nudge did to fix Shelly's abandonment issues with Bia. Shelly wouldn't be so perky otherwise.
I think the new Shelly could put her issues on the back burner to help others with theirs. Look at this week.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Nudge, you're in danger of overstating your case. How many people would use the phrase "succumb to folly" in a sentence? ;)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Oooooohhh, Nudge knows everyone's buttons and how to push them! Of course as a Trickster (maybe The Trickster) she would be an expert at that. The more I see her, the more I like her.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

And tomorrow we get the verbal equivalent of Nudge's therapy session with Phix?

And the way everyone keeps responding to Monica's mentions of being short-lived kind of makes me think she's not as 'mortal' as she believes.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Nudge needs to get a day job as a couples therapist. She's pretty good at this whole getting people to resolve their issues with each other thing. Also, any time you can drive your point home with sarcasm is a win in my book.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

zachariah wrote:I suspect you can read monica feelings when she's in a bikini. When she is happy they are up. When she down, they are down. Either that or gravity wins again.
If every action has and equal and opposite reaction then it stands to reason when the gravity of the situation affects Monica's mood, Monica's mood would affect gravity.

*drops a copy of 'Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity' by J. B. Hartle into the pun jar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Who's gonna have at 'er next?

Our friendly Neighbourhood Demon Barista?

Scary thought that.

Nudge knows Monica well - she's known Monica longer than Monica's known her - so she can make pretty good surmises as to what Monica is feeling to know where to put the needle in.

Tina can read her aura.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

shadowinthelight wrote:
zachariah wrote:I suspect you can read monica feelings when she's in a bikini. When she is happy they are up. When she down, they are down. Either that or gravity wins again.
If every action has and equal and opposite reaction then it stands to reason when the gravity of the situation affects Monica's mood, Monica's mood would affect gravity.

*drops a copy of 'Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity' by J. B. Hartle into the pun jar*
You are correct in one thing. It's all relative.

Drop a copy of chaos theory as applied to quantum physics in the jar as well. Who knows we may get a star drive out of the jar one day at this rate.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Aleister Crow wrote:And tomorrow we get the verbal equivalent of Nudge's therapy session with Phix?

And the way everyone keeps responding to Monica's mentions of being short-lived kind of makes me think she's not as 'mortal' as she believes.
Either that or as a doorway she can hang around her immortal friends after she has lost her mortal shell.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Mark N wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:And tomorrow we get the verbal equivalent of Nudge's therapy session with Phix?

Either that or as a doorway she can hang around her immortal friends after she has lost her mortal shell.

Or everyone is just trying to get through to her that how long she lives flat out doesn't matter, and immortality is not a requirement for caring.

Tina or Jin would be the most likely to point that out, being the only other ones there with a time limit.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Auwtchie!

Nudge is a fine-honed double-edged falchion of equisitely sharp sarcasm...

I like the hairy deity.. She's reason incorporated, with a bit of razor-wire around it.. just for kicks..
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Monica in the second panel sparked a memory of a hot Texas summer day when three friends and I had gone to Dallas to visit the Six Flags theme park. My girlfriend looked kind of like Amanda, curly blonde hair and all, with Monica's bountiful blessings. She was wearing a bikini top that covered her about like M's does in panel two, but it was make of black and white knitted yarn. Most of the day, she wore an oversized translucent shirt over it. We were hanging around the entrance mall, waiting to see if the Taz costume was going to come out to take pictures with park guests. Catherine had taken the over shirt off to grab some sunshine and after ten or fifteen minutes and a security guard came over. He was obviously nervous about speaking to us but spoke us, "I hate to tell you this, but I have to ask you to put a shirt on over your swimsuit. They've had some complaints from mom's with kids."
Catherine took it with a grin, she was very good natured about her border-line exhibitionism, and covered up. I just sat there with a wry smile. We never did meet Taz, but had a great time anyway
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Fairportfan wrote:Nudge knows Monica well - she's known Monica longer than Monica's known her - so she can make pretty good surmises as to what Monica is feeling to know where to put the needle in.
Plus Nudge has probably dealt with Monicas from many time cycles, and she gets around well in the demon world. That would allow her to confer with Monica's demons to find out her sensitive points. At least watch them work on her.
Jay-Em wrote:Auwtchie!

Nudge is a fine-honed double-edged falchion of equisitely sharp sarcasm...

I like the hairy deity.. She's reason incorporated, with a bit of razor-wire around it.. just for kicks..
Heh. The Hairy Deity would make a great book title.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.