lifespan 2012-09-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
liquidschwartz

Re: lifespan 2012-09-19

Post by liquidschwartz »

NOTDilbert wrote:Nudge, you're in danger of overstating your case. How many people would use the phrase "succumb to folly" in a sentence? ;)
Ms Folly is pretty convincing when she wants to be. It's easy to succumb to her.
Dave

Post by Dave »

liquidschwartz wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Nudge, you're in danger of overstating your case. How many people would use the phrase "succumb to folly" in a sentence? ;)
Ms Folly is pretty convincing when she wants to be. It's easy to succumb to her.
Tom Petty would agree, and it's a heart-breaker when it happens. Succumb to me, my darling...
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Wdot wrote:
kingklash wrote:Just because Nudge is both designation and function, don't mean you ain't allowed to outright poke someone once in a while.
"Once in a while!?" She could change her name to Poke or Pokey. Of course then she'd alter her fur color to yellow and make her tail all jaggety, which would result in licensing problems and balls, that would just be too much.
Or, orange with a black mane, but I doubt that Phix would want to go all green with a slanty head, although it would be appropriate with all the books around.

*skates off on one foot and disappears into a copy of Restaurant At The End Of The Universe*
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

I think Nudge needs a new name. After the last couple of weeks, UpSideTheHeadWithAHotSkillet seems more appropriate, if harder to type up.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

jeffepp wrote:I think Nudge needs a new name. After the last couple of weeks, UpSideTheHeadWithAHotSkillet seems more appropriate, if harder to type up.
"Little Miss Clue-by-Four".

(Which put me in mind of Dash Rip Rock doing a little ditty called "Little Miss Take the Money and Run"...)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

kingklash wrote:
Wdot wrote:
kingklash wrote:Just because Nudge is both designation and function, don't mean you ain't allowed to outright poke someone once in a while.
"Once in a while!?" She could change her name to Poke or Pokey. Of course then she'd alter her fur color to yellow and make her tail all jaggety, which would result in licensing problems and balls, that would just be too much.
Or, orange with a black mane, but I doubt that Phix would want to go all green with a slanty head, although it would be appropriate with all the books around.

*skates off on one foot and disappears into a copy of Restaurant At The End Of The Universe*
OK Gumby, it took me a while to recall that media reference, the '60s were a long time ago.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Yup, Looks like Nudge is "getting the Band back together". ;)

Oooh! Fermented Banana is getting together?? Be nice to see them again! :D :D
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:
Oh, I think that phrasing is a very effective way for Nudge to be saying "Yes, Monica, I'm being sarcastic here." Nudge's facial expression says it, too.
Why, Dave!

Whoever would use sarcasm to make a point; I can't imagine(/sarcasm) :roll:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville