Atsali and Nadette 2016-06-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Re: Atsali and Nadette 2016-06-17

Post by Alkarii »

She's just making sure they're tied, is all.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Akasha

Post by Akasha »

Vitrbjorn wrote:Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dokken, Quiet Riot, Kiss, Girlschool, Great White, Hawkwind, Iron Maiden, some of the Heavy Metal bands I liked and remember from 69 to 90.
yes well, many of them are older than me, but then, my father has a nice large collection of these, and i will happily admit, that i feel more at home with many of these songs of my childhood ( and i consider myself only mildly insane, but then, definitely, mostly harmless ;)

but then, there is not much i do NOT listen to, considering my digital archive has approximately 24k files, in 3.8 TB :) classical, jazz, rock, metal, you name it, i have it ;) mostly anyway ...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Akasha wrote:
Vitrbjorn wrote:Blue Oyster Cult, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dokken, Quiet Riot, Kiss, Girlschool, Great White, Hawkwind, Iron Maiden, some of the Heavy Metal bands I liked and remember from 69 to 90.
yes well, many of them are older than me, but then, my father has a nice large collection of these, and i will happily admit, that i feel more at home with many of these songs of my childhood ( and i consider myself only mildly insane, but then, definitely, mostly harmless ;)
well there are not that many new bands that can live up to the ability of the above... you forgot meat loaf, still a fantastic 'theatrical heavy metal' performer at 68! :ugeek: :D he needs to slow down a bit, and stop thinking he is 40, like some of my friends!!! :roll: :D

HINT: here is your chance to mention those formed in the last 5 years....
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

illiad wrote: he needs to slow down a bit, and stop thinking he is 40
What in hades is the fun of THAT then?

WHen the gods want me, they are bloody-well going to have to WORK for it. I will not be sitting in the wqaiting room (Miami) playing shuffleboard.

Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Alan
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I will be every bit of 62 in August. My body is approximately 17% scar tissue. I have one knee that can predict rain or snow. There are two teeth missing from firing the Barrette Rifle.

Slow down? I don't think so... where's the fun in that?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

As long as you can still walk normally. :( :( :(

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Akasha wrote:. . . considering my digital archive has approximately 24k files, in 3.8 TB :) classical, jazz, rock, metal, you name it, i have it ;) mostly anyway ...
I haven't yet gotten to the point of keeping music as files on a computer or player. So I just have hundreds of CDs sitting on shelves. I don't have a clue how many bytes they would add up to. I'm guessing somewhere between five bytes and infinity-minus-three.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

my YT Music personal music station is mostly trance and electronica because a lot of that genre never made it to physical media so I can only listen to it on YouTube. I have the original 45 version of Popcorn, but YT Music has that and another 40 versions. I used to have both Fragile and Not Fragile, Blue Man Group's original CD. I even have the CDs for 300 Ft Jesus and Us3.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

FreeFlier wrote:As long as you can still walk normally. :( :( :(

--FreeFlier
Take my word for it as one that has had several hip surgeries and total replacements as well being forced to retire early because of it you dont even have to walk normally to still have fun and flirt with the ladies. Although i do admit the wife does make sure i understand the menu is not in braile and i am not to order any take out period just admire the menu.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:

--FreeFlier
Take my word for it as one that has had several hip surgeries and total replacements as well being forced to retire early because of it you dont even have to walk normally to still have fun and flirt with the ladies. Although i do admit the wife does make sure i understand the menu is not in braile and i am not to order any take out period just admire the menu.
Doc Pomus wrote "Save the Last Dance for Me" after his wedding; he was in a wheelchair, and so his brother stood in for him, dancing with his bride...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:

--FreeFlier
Annie has the same rules for me... but I seldom see anything worth looking at, given who I have at home. SHE actually has to point out that a woman is flirting at me... and on occasion, my first clue is her snarl...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Heh, aside from someone who I think is catfishing me, I normally won't even know a female is flirting, unless she makes it overly obvious.

But it sounds like she's a keeper to me.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Just Old Al wrote:
IF you call that waking up in a fully locked bus depot or underground train at 3 am.................. :shock: :shock:
an old friend does not drink 'away from home' due to being totally unwakeable !!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

illiad wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:
IF you call that waking up in a fully locked bus depot or underground train at 3 am.................. :shock: :shock:
an old friend does not drink 'away from home' due to being totally unwakeable !!
My great grandfather owned a saloon in Cicero Illinois. {I've never gotten straight whether was the Bohemian draft dodger, or the one who did his two years before he emigrated...}

He was required to close the place for like eight hours on Sundays. So, one Sunday morning, he closed up, let the dog loose in the place, went to church, had a rest, came back and re-opened ... and found Alphonse Cermak treed by the dog on top of the bar.

Apparently the future Mayor had besn quietly passed out in a back booth when he gave Lasf Call ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Catawampus wrote:
Akasha wrote:. . . considering my digital archive has approximately 24k files, in 3.8 TB :) classical, jazz, rock, metal, you name it, i have it ;) mostly anyway ...
I haven't yet gotten to the point of keeping music as files on a computer or player. So I just have hundreds of CDs sitting on shelves. I don't have a clue how many bytes they would add up to. I'm guessing somewhere between five bytes and infinity-minus-three.
for me, I've found a somewhat decent rule of thumb, is 4 megs per average length song. do the math from there... granted, if you listen to the UNcompressed versions like Monica listens to, and/or you're listening to full-length Opera's versus pop radio tunes from whatever time period, your results may vary WILDLY, but it's a good starting point for an estimate...

edit: Whoops! 4 MB per minute of song... i forgot that part of the formula, and reading Opus the Poet's post reminded me of that.
Last edited by scantrontb on Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

scantrontb wrote:... your results may vary WILDLY, but it's a good starting point for an estimate...
Slides Cat an abacus to help count that high.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The Audio File Calculator http://www.theaudioarchive.com/TAA_Reso ... e_Size.htm says WAV (CD quality uncompressed) is 10.3 MB/minute or 620 MB/hour, 2 MB/min for high-quality iTunes or OGG
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC

Free Lossless Audio Codec