Closed Doorway 2012-09-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Closed Doorway 2012-09-17

Post by jwhouk »

...Paul wouldn't kill off his main character since day one, would he?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, at least we can put to rest any fear that was expressed on Friday (or was it through the weekend) about Monica being "suddenly" supernatural and/or immortal.

In the end, it's nothing we didn't already know, but we still don't quite know the full significance of it.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Atomic wrote:Excellent technique!

1- Touch nerve
2- Change subject
3- Let stew

Atomic batteries to power! Turbines to speed! Stand by for Drama!!!
Shelly's already a pro at this.

I'm really intrigued about where this is going though! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Shelly will be diving in, and Monica will be like. "We could talk about it a little more..."
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Yeah,yeah, Evil, Not evil, Yadda yadda... All I know is add a white belt with a Knife sheathed on it to her swimsuit, and Monica can do an Ursulla Andress from James Bonds' "Dr. No". :twisted:
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jwhouk wrote:...Paul wouldn't kill off his main character since day one, would he?
She already died once before the strip ever started...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Jabberwonky wrote:
jwhouk wrote:...Paul wouldn't kill off his main character since day one, would he?
And didn't she just about die when they were fixing the calendar machine? If she didn't, it wasn't for lack of trying--having a dagger stuck through a person's brain is not gonna end well without some hefty magic to keep you alive.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
And didn't she just about die when they were fixing the calendar machine? If she didn't, it wasn't for lack of trying--having a dagger stuck through a person's brain is not gonna end well without some hefty magic to keep you alive.
I would expect the blade to have phase shifted or some such; So yeah, pretty hefty magics. :ugeek:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

All of which reminds me once again that I can't wait for the next book.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Boxilar wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:Ooooh. This is going to be fun Looking forward to a great week at this rate!
If Paul doesn't drop an interlude on us. Flashback to Shelly and Phix. Or Shelly and Justin. Or Becky is getting Punk Yoga remodeled. The possibilities are endless!

Shelly sure is rocking the enigmatic Sphinx thing for all it's worth. Like grandmother , like granddaughter.
Still always an interesting week :)
ImageImage
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Boxilar wrote:
chibichibi01 wrote:Ooooh. This is going to be fun Looking forward to a great week at this rate!
If Paul doesn't drop an interlude on us. Flashback to Shelly and Phix. Or Shelly and Justin. Or Becky is getting Punk Yoga remodeled. The possibilities are endless!

Shelly sure is rocking the enigmatic Sphinx thing for all it's worth. Like grandmother , like granddaughter.
Wow, Bekka's OCD must be worse than I thought it was. Remodeling someone else's business is whacko... :shock:
Dammit. I had to post in a rush on my phone from work, and went with the first name that popped into my head. It doesn't help that both Bekka and Jaqui appears to be heavily freckled redheads.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Boxilar wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Boxilar wrote: If Paul doesn't drop an interlude on us. Flashback to Shelly and Phix. Or Shelly and Justin. Or Becky is getting Punk Yoga remodeled. The possibilities are endless!

Wow, Bekka's OCD must be worse than I thought it was. Remodeling someone else's business is whacko... :shock:
Dammit. I had to post in a rush on my phone from work, and went with the first name that popped into my head. It doesn't help that both Bekka and Jaqui appears to be heavily freckled redheads.
Are you kidding? I think it would make a great story arc where Bekka's OCD just won't let her accept some decorative aspect of Punk Yoga and has to resort to fixing it herself...

(And Jacqui is a blond...)
jacquline.jpg
jacquline.jpg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 7393 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Yamara wrote:That ain't just carrot-dangling, that's chain-yanking and button-pushing. It's a Rube Goldberg machine of apocalyptic interpersonal angst.
This is now my favourite metaphor ever. If I were wearing a hat, Yamara, I'd tip it to you; well done.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)