The Right Thing 2016-05-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

The Right Thing 2016-05-23

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: The Right Thing 2016-05-23

...and i wonder how badass Daddy must have been...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

No Castela tag on the comic... a glimpse into 'Sali's future?
AnotherFairportfan

AmriloJim wrote:No Castela tag on the comic... a glimpse into 'Sali's future?
I'm betting it's her past.

I could be wrong, but - that's not Atsali; she's not big enough. Probably no more than a "G".

"Weaponise a flower"? This is Atsali's mother and the little girl is Atsali's mother, i'm betting. And Atsali's parents appear to have been involved in Castela's creation.

As i said, in response to a comment asking who this is, i said:
That, my friend, is probably the only other siren we've seen so far.

The little girl is Atsali (the tag says so, even if i hadn't figured it out) so this must be her mother, given the resemblance in both looks and badassery.

And it looks like Big Bird and Pickle's lives were connected long before they wound up at the orphanage.

In fact, from what she says in Panel Three, one could even say that calling each other "sister" is more accurate in at least a metaphorical manner than they realise.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hmmmmm...

This one provokes many, many interesting thoughts...

Who was she working for? Government or private sector? Is this really the weaponization of Castela or Atsali? "Flower" can just as easily be applied to Atsali as a little girl, I've heard people call little girls "flower" before as a kind of nickname.

And the person on the other end of the phone didn't seem to be all that convinced, just from hearing this woman's side of the conversation... Was that the incubus that sired Atsali?

And who in the world would A) have access to the paranormal world and B) want to draw from it to make weapons? Who would they use those weapons against? To fight paranormals or to outgun a normal military?

I am suddenly extremely intrigued and this smells of plot. I wonder what Paul is up to here...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

GlytchMeister wrote:... this smells of plot. I wonder what Paul is up to here...
Plot is an integral function of Paul's M.O.
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:And who in the world would A) have access to the paranormal world and B) want to draw from it to make weapons? Who would they use those weapons against? To fight paranormals or to outgun a normal military?
Castela was, we have been specifically told, created to be a weapon against the fae, and, i think, the lab where she was created was destroyed..
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Mon May 23, 2016 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AmriloJim wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:... this smells of plot. I wonder what Paul is up to here...
Plot is an integral function of Paul's M.O.
I know... He is the kind of guy who makes oodles of threads... I'm just trying to figure out which ones he is going to use to weave his story.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:And who in the world would A) have access to the paranormal world and B) want to draw from it to make weapons? Who would they use those weapons against? To fight paranormals or to outgun a normal military?
Castela was, we have been specifically told, created to be a weapon against the fae.
Which leads to the most important question: Why? Who did the Fae piss off and what did they do?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:Which leads to the most important question: Why? Who did the Fae piss off and what did they do?
Everybody, apparently - the fae are regarded as arrogant, amoral and too damned powerful to control. They are apparently actually hated/despised by a lot of paras (unlike vampires, who are regarded as vermin to be exterminated when they show up).
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Well one thing for sure, the poor gun guy at the door is having a damn bad day.

Would not surprise me if pickle was in that safe room as well.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

oldmanmickey wrote:Well one thing for sure, the poor gun guy at the door is having a damn bad day.
His heart really wasn't in it.
AnotherFairportfan

Who/whatever Mom (and, i assume, Dad) were working for, it's not the MiB.

Unless Senior Director Oduya was playing an even deeper game than even Brandi knew, maybe.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Actually.

Where exactly is Atsali's Mom's hand going through? Maybe it's just a simple error, but given the intent the hands should be switched and the attacker's arm should be partially behind her in the frame.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Well - THAT escalated quickly!

Right hand block/gun grab, left arm through rib cage under the attacker's right arm. One could get picky about the anatomy/posture details, but that's a simple enough explanation.

Oh, and it's magic. That covers a lot of stuff!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:...and i wonder how badass Daddy must have been...
IDK, he might have been a a-lover-not-a-fighter type. maybe he even happens to have a.38 Colt Commando service revolver he calls 'Alice'.

If you get the reference, bravo. Though, it's merely a joking suggestion, not my head canon.
Last edited by Gyrrakavian on Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

:shock:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

jeffepp wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Well one thing for sure, the poor gun guy at the door is having a damn bad day.
Well, now we know he's heartless.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
jeffepp wrote:
Well, now we know he's heartless.
Keep it up and the Pun Jar may very well throw some of it's larger objects at you both!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:"Weaponise a flower"? This is Atsali's mother and the little girl is Atsali's mother, i'm betting. And Atsali's parents appear to have been involved in Castela's creation
Either that, or she's been working with Ra's al Ghul as part of the League of Shadows, and has decided not to make any more fear toxin.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Put me in the camp of Little Girl = Atsali, Woman = Atsali's mom, "Weaponized Flower" = Castela, and Guy At Door = Having a Bad Day/Redshirt.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.