Make A Run For It 2016-05-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Make A Run For It 2016-05-17

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:
Catawampus wrote:And how is she able to pronounce all of those consonants with a beak?
There's a simple and obvious one-word answer.

(And those have to be the most laid-back parents in several multiverses.)
I like the page that follows, when the dad enters the room:
Dad: Is everything alright?
Mom: Yes.
Dad: I see two cats.
Mom: One is Ellen.
Dad: Can she change back?
Dad: Good show, Ellen! Most impressive!
Ellen: Thanks, Dad.

[Narration block]Your daughter is a cat: You could at least pretend this is odd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, it isn't something they've seen in person before, but in context it isn't really all that odd... it even happened to their son's friend once...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

And given all the other weirdness in EGS, Ellen turning into a cat isn't actually all that weird, so their first concern should be if she's stuck or not.

Also, I do wonder what Mr. & Mrs. Dunkel's past is like . . .

Now getting back to this transformation . . .

If the beak isn't rigid, I wouldn't expect it to fossilize all that well . . . might this be what a velociraptor - or another, possibly unknown dromaeosaurid - really looked like?

--FreeFlier
Last edited by FreeFlier on Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

GlytchMeister wrote: Does she have the hydrophobic properties of a duck?
Maybe we could build a bridge out of her!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Warrl wrote:Well, it isn't something they've seen in person before, but in context it isn't really all that odd... it even happened to their son's friend once...
FreeFlier wrote:And given all the other weirdness in EGS, Ellen turning into a cat isn't actually all that weird, so their first concern should be if she's stuck or not.

Also, I do wonder what Mr. & Mrs. Dunkel's past is like . . .
--FreeFlier
Of course, it's not that odd (for EGS, that is...) That's the whole point. For "normal" people, it would be odd, which is why the "narrator" is asking if they couldn't at least pretend it is, even though it really isn't (in-universe). (That's what makes the scene funny...)
(In fact, Dan does, once in a while, add a "narrator" comment that lampshades the craziness that passes off as normal in the EGS universe... They're always worth a chuckle...)

And yes, Elliot's parents are strangely unflappable. I remember one episode where Mr. Verres told them of what Elliot had been to (breaking into a govt. facility, using the de-witching diamond, creating a female duplicate of himself, escaping said facility, etc.) Their reaction? They punished him by forbidding him to have any of the newly baked brownies.

But what about Ellen, asked Mr. Verres. Well, they replied (I'm doing this from memory, and won't be searching for it), she didn't do any breaking and entering, so she can still have brownies... (and never mind the fact that she is a new human being, created just recently, she can be their "daughter"...)
:lol:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I also remember Mrs Dunkel watching Ellen playing with Brownie and going all misty-eyed, and thinking that she'd always wanted a daughter and that this time an unexpected child wouldn't cause so many problems . . .

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

lake_wrangler wrote:
Warrl wrote:
Catawampus wrote:And how is she able to pronounce all of those consonants with a beak?
There's a simple and obvious one-word answer.

(And those have to be the most laid-back parents in several multiverses.)
I like the page that follows, when the dad enters the room:
Dad: Is everything alright?
Dad: I see two cats.
Mom: One is Ellen.
Dad: Can she change back?
Dad: Good show, Ellen! Most impressive!
Ellen: Thanks, Dad.

[Narration block]Your daughter is a cat: You could at least pretend this is odd.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, thats *lovely* dear... :)
{behind scenes, in kitchen... }
my daughters a cat! my daughters a cat! (takes big slug of whiskey) calm down its just magic......deep breath... :/
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Atomic wrote:I was going to vote Gryphon, but PW has stated this is Atsali's full Siren form.

So - now we know what a Wapsiverse Siren looks like! Rather a bit more than the cute, muddled teenager Katherine met in the Library, eh? Now we get to wonder what the Incubus looks like, as we've only seen the tail....
And here I thought that this was a blended form. I was wrong.

Thought, it does explain the short tail and a lack of the chaos spade (or whatever it's called).
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jwhouk wrote:
TazManiac wrote:My first thought was that that wasn't actually a morph'd Atsali, but rather a team-mate of hers who didn’t recognize a full-on-bear mode Nadette.
If it really is a Full raptor Atsali, well then, I need to up my game, re 'dealing with Amazons' adaptability.
Taz, you and I will look soooo smart later this week if it turns out it ISN'T Atsali...
EDIT: ...which we won't. WOG has stated that the beaked one is Atsali.
Yeah well, I wasn't sure, at first. (And No, I didn't 'check the tags'...) Still, this leads to some interesting possibilities for the future...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:What's her digestive system like?!? Did she GROW a gizzard? Or is it always there?
Dunno. But any bird fancier might think she has a crop at first glimpse...
With her penchance for latex clothing, she might have a couple of whips too...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
illiad

Post by illiad »

magic??? Meh... now the REAL challenge!! :) SWEDEKEA!!!! :o :o
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

lake_wrangler wrote:Of course, it's not that odd (for EGS, that is...) That's the whole point. For "normal" people, it would be odd, which is why the "narrator" is asking if they couldn't at least pretend it is, even though it really isn't (in-universe). (That's what makes the scene funny...)
(In fact, Dan does, once in a while, add a "narrator" comment that lampshades the craziness that passes off as normal in the EGS universe... They're always worth a chuckle...)
I always figured that particular comment was Elliot's thoughts.