Make A Run For It 2016-05-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Make A Run For It 2016-05-17

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Are you gonna tell her - or should I?"

==========

Is that a tooth knocked out?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Make A Run For It 2016-05-17

Post by Dave »

When she wakes up... she's going to be in such a cranky mood! :shock:

Perhaps the school should have a policy which states "All students who are capable of form-changing shall wear highly visible name tags at all times!"
Last edited by Dave on Tue May 17, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That expression is "Oh you dumb..." :x
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Opus the Poet wrote:That expression is "Oh you dumb..." :x
With two side orders of "OH! Now I get it..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Nobody's making any comment on the fact that Atsali can TURN INTO A DINOSAUR?

:D :o

Calvin (and a younger me) would be squeeing so hard right now.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that, once Atsali learns that's Nadette, she's probably gonna be pretty damn upset. I imagine there will be crying, and she'll possibly (but no guarantee!) try avoiding Nadette, who will probably say something like "You couldn't have known the difference, you dork! No big deal."
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Apparently, Atsali has never seen Nadette's full feral form...

Then again, this is the first time we see Atsali's full "giant half girl, half raptor, who could rip a man in half" form... (But she doesn't rip people in half, though.)

One thing's for sure: if you're ever in trouble, Atsali's got your back!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...This does bring up an interesting idea... Perhaps a lot of paranormal species are descended from ancient animals thought long extinct. Nadette looks kinda like a Cave Bear, and here Atsali looks like a Dinorsaur(teeth in beak, ripper claw on feet)/Bird (Beak, feathers, wings)/Ape (mammalian hair? and mammaries) combo...

Hmmm.
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...Also, it's a testament to how hard Atsali can hit that she was able to KO a Cave-Bear-esque ursamorph.

Bears have very sturdy skulls.
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

My first thought was that that wasn't actually a morph'd Atsali, but rather a team-mate of hers who didn’t recognize a full-on-bear mode Nadette.

If it really is a Full raptor Atsali, well then, I need to up my game, re 'dealing with Amazons' adaptability.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

GlytchMeister wrote:Nobody's making any comment on the fact that Atsali can TURN INTO A DINOSAUR?

:D :o

Calvin (and a younger me) would be squeeing so hard right now.
Technically it was mentioned yesterday.

I also mentioned that she was manifesting both sides of her heritage (twice) and mentioned that it'd lead to a blending of physical traits. Hence the horns, beak with teeth, and Dromaeosaurish feet. I'd be willing to bet she's got a slightly longer, narrower, and toothless beak when in full siren form. I'd also wager that it's the beak that embarrasses her about her siren form.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

TazManiac wrote:My first thought was that that wasn't actually a morph'd Atsali, but rather a team-mate of hers who didn’t recognize a full-on-bear mode Nadette.

If it really is a Full raptor Atsali, well then, I need to up my game, re 'dealing with Amazons' adaptability.
It's like people don't read the tags or something, although even looking like some kind of horrible bird-monster out of The Dark Crystal it should be difficult to not recognize her boobs.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Akeche wrote:
TazManiac wrote:My first thought was that that wasn't actually a morph'd Atsali, but rather a team-mate of hers who didn’t recognize a full-on-bear mode Nadette.

It's like people don't read the tags or something, although even looking like some kind of horrible bird-monster out of The Dark Crystal it should be difficult to not recognize her boobs.
+1
I'm too much!
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Alkarii wrote:I don't know why, but I have a feeling that, once Atsali learns that's Nadette, she's probably gonna be pretty damn upset. I imagine there will be crying, and she'll possibly (but no guarantee!) try avoiding Nadette, who will probably say something like "You couldn't have known the difference, you dork! No big deal."
Oh, yeah, I'll bet tomorrow's breakfast Atsali's gonna be distraught over it. I don't know if Nadette will understand Atsali was just being protective, or if she'll initially think Atsali went nuts due to adrenaline or got angry because Nadette thought she was dangerous or something.

But yeah, Atsali's not gonna be a happy camper.
I'm too much!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

She went full Sirubus... you NEVER go full Sirubus...

Incuren? IncuSibusren? Sirincubus? LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Someone may have mentioned this and it was answered but I don't feel like going back through the previous comments to find out, so ... I wonder if that is an Ursamorph's actual look? She's unconscious and still holding that shape after all.

I make the above disclaimer since it seems certain posters here are getting rather touchy about people making comments which have already been made. Especially if it was their comments. Seems they must have credit for them.

Since they each hit the other in this misunderstanding, could this be considered their first major spat? Probably not since Atsali didn't know it was Nadette. Either that or she did and this was her chance to give her what for regarding some slight which had grown way out of proportion in her mind.

Atsali has officially become a hideous monster now. Good thing mom isn't seeing this. It may have given her pause next time she confronted Atsali over some teen angst matter. At least she is still capable of restraint when going wild, unlike a certain face ripping off, head smashing, cannibalistic sphinx we all know and still adore despite that.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
AnotherFairportfan

Perhaps an ursamorph who is rendered unconscious stays in whatever form she was in when it happened - that is, it takes a conscious effort to change.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Perhaps an ursamorph who is rendered unconscious stays in whatever form she was in when it happened - that is, it takes a conscious effort to change.
That might be typical for all shapeshifters . . . I don't think we've ever seen one rendered unconscious before.

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...CALLED IT.

Not Atsali.

EDIT: I really, really, REALLY need to start paying attention to my Facebook feed. Or start trimming it WAY THE #### DOWN:
FACEBOOK USER
Is that Atsali!?! I'm impressed!

Paul Taylor
Full siren form.
Last edited by jwhouk on Tue May 17, 2016 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin