Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Re: Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Post by Atomic »

Jabberwonky wrote:I guess that's what happens when you go to the medical offices of Howard, Fine & Howard...
"Slowly I turned...step by step...inch by inch...,"
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
as363

Post by as363 »

Julie wrote:*gets comfortable in one of the couches in Confusion Corner* I'll surface from here when the Jaguar Girl comment is better explained. :P

Got room for another confused soul there ? I'll bring a pot of Earl Grey and a plate of scones with butter and clotted Devonshire Cream !
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Julie wrote:*gets comfortable in one of the couches in Confusion Corner* I'll surface from here when the Jaguar Girl comment is better explained. :P
Inspired by Jay-Em, I propose the official motto of Confusion Corner: "*sigh*... Now what?"

Oh, and I hope you have a nice weekend in Confusion Corner ;) Can't join you personally, I'm still hanging here...
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Here's the Jaguar Girl. Right Here!

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/you-got-that/ 8-)
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Vampires? We're not going all "Sparkly" are we? Or more Vampire Cheerleader? 8-)
Jaguar girl...Thats not anything like Cougar? Because I don't think poor Kevin could handle it. :lol:
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Vampires? We're not going all "Sparkly" are we? Or more Vampire Cheerleader? 8-)
Jaguar girl...Thats not anything like Cougar? Because I don't think poor Kevin could handle it. :lol:
I totally could handle a Dracula Everlasting type...Oh, and Team Buffy all the way(takes care of the glitter crowd).

Kevin seems to handle everything Miss M throws his way, so as long as she communicates with him, things should be ducky.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Ohnhai

Post by Ohnhai »

kinda reminds me of that scene in the latest Tenchi Muyo OAV series when Aiaka and Ryoko bitching about how they are receiving too much scrutiny and interference from the powers that be only to have it pointed that with the TWO most powerful Jurai ships, Ryo-oki (in space-ship mode), Ryoko (a demi-goddess) and Washu (an actual goddess) that Tenchi's little group can rightly be thought of as a universal power in its own right..
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

a) I thought the GGGs were free now and Mon didn't control them,
b) Jaguar girl nothing, she can *TELEPORT A FREAKING MOUNTAIN ONTO SOMEONE*, or probably poit their head right off.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

starkruzr wrote:a) I thought the GGGs were free now and Mon didn't control them,
b) Jaguar girl nothing, she can *TELEPORT A FREAKING MOUNTAIN ONTO SOMEONE*, or probably poit their head right off.
We're talking powers of the scale of gods (or titans) here, not just killing one person.

Could have missed it, but I think M still controls the GG. Or, can control, only she doesn't use that power.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Yamara wrote:In fact, Bud's conversation with M, following right after the above one with Tina, is even more interesting in retrospect.
Yeah - particularly in the first panel here.

So Paul's not springing something new on us; he's simply exploring an aspect he had hinted at before, and naming it.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wdot wrote: Hello Fairportfan! Fellow motorhead, welcome. Meet Lucas, Prince of Darkness, he likes to attend meetings sometimes when he can get himself started. I felt ashamed, reading todays comic. Even after a lifetime of reading SF and fantasy, I still thought Red 1969 Jag convertable when I read that line.
Heh. I still regret my 1983 Sprite Mk 2.5 that i destroyed in Italy back in '71.

Understand - i didn't know how rare it was at the time (found out a year or two ago) but i loved that car...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

cmdrpowers wrote:Here's the Jaguar Girl. Right Here!

Wow.

Forgot that one.

Sneaky, Paul.

Or is that "Sneaky Paul"?
=====================
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

shadowinthelight wrote:Go Shelly, whack the silly girl with a clue-by-four. Her power is obvious to everyone except her.
Some people are not very good at knowing themselves. Look at how many women have body issues. Consider how many people do not consider themselves as powerful, or smart--or, on the other hand, how many see only their power (and not its limits) or their smarts. How many see only their own nervousness, and the apparent confidence of others, and think they are the only ones who are afraid.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

starkruzr wrote:a) I thought the GGGs were free now and Mon didn't control them,
A) They have free will, because Monica kinda demanded it. But her override has been implicit all along in moments like the Calendar sacrifice when "only Shelly can move"; ie Monica could not Glyph-command Shelly to stop, so the role of executioner had to fall to her.

And still darkly implied whenever M is upset: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/feeling-better/

B) Tezcatlipoca is one of the creators/destroyers of worlds. (Nod at cmdrpowers; good catch.) So Jaguar Girl something. What, we don't know, but... keep those wormholes away from Sunshine.

Addendum. For awhile I thought the only suggestion that M could unleash serious Evil was this sly comment of Jin's: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/justus/
But then ran across this during a teaching moment from Doubt.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/talkingaboutyourse/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/ouractions/

...and then we get all misdirected by Jin poiting in, excited that her 100,000-year puzzle has been solved. Well written.

So, yeah, Princess is a scary scary SCARY scary. Maybe she should look up her previous failures and read up on how bad she got.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

HA!!! There you see!! I knew she is considered as one big bad ass dangerous magical being but she still doesn't know it, now we will see a wonderfully crazy and insightful story arc about how she trully is as dangerous as the other "monsters" around her. I love it! :D she is bound to be the most dangerous or powerful creature around, let's face it, she is the main character! sorry if I'm repeating someone, haven't had time to check all comments yet! busy day today.
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

Think happy thoughts!

http://ddhenna.blogspot.com/2009/12/may ... rrior.html

Jaguar Girls are everywhere! 8-)
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Something to think about. Tezcatlipoca's biggest rival was Quetzalcoatl, known to the Mayans as Kukulkan. I think we've heard that name before. ;)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Fairportfan wrote:
cmdrpowers wrote:Here's the Jaguar Girl. Right Here!

Wow.

Forgot that one.

Sneaky, Paul.

Or is that "Sneaky Paul"?
I was just about to post that comic here, but cmdpowers beat me to it! =)
Leak

Post by Leak »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Vampires? We're not going all "Sparkly" are we? Or more Vampire Cheerleader? 8-)
Eh, for what it's worth - I'm on Team Paranormal Mystery Squad...

np: Vladislav Delay - Kaikki Hyvin (Demo(n) Tracks)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Yamara wrote:A) They have free will, because Monica kinda demanded it. But her override has been implicit all along in moments like the Calendar sacrifice when "only Shelly can move"; ie Monica could not Glyph-command Shelly to stop, so the role of executioner had to fall to her.
I thought that Monica was frozen with the GGGs because of their face lights activating with the mirror-ball to connect them to the calendar. Shelly could move because she didn't have face lights and wasn't connected (says so here).

Did I miss something that explained that Shelly had to kill Monica because she couldn't be commanded not to?
as363 wrote:Got room for another confused soul there ? I'll bring a pot of Earl Grey and a plate of scones with butter and clotted Devonshire Cream !
If you've got the tea and treats, I'll make sure there's room for you! :D
Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:Oh, and I hope you have a nice weekend in Confusion Corner ;) Can't join you personally, I'm still hanging here...
A weekend on a comfy couch with tea and treats is always a nice weekend. :) Even if I'm utterly confuzzled. Sorry you can't join us! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."