Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Post by zachariah »

They went to the temple of the Jaguar to find the calander machine if I remember right. Why that would make her a jaguar girl escapes me, Wouldn't that make her a calander girl instead?

If she is a jaguar girl just think of the black slinkly nities she'll get to wear for kevin!!!!! 'Grooowllllll or purrrr' will be Kevin's thought.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Fairportfan wrote:"Jaguar girl?"

Wot - she drives British sports cars with wonky electrics?
Nah, nah.. My BFF drove a Jag XJ Sovereign for quite some time, without a hitch, in our wet, Dutch weather. Ónly reason she got rid of it was her lead-foot, and it's thirst for premium. It gobbled fuel like mad, and petrol is about $8 to $9 a gallon (US) over here so..yeah.. bít of a problem.

I líked it. silent, fast, comfy.... Parking's a bit of a B*tch though.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jay-Em wrote:

Nah, nah.. My BFF drove a Jag XJ Sovereign for quite some time, without a hitch, in our wet, Dutch weather. Ónly reason she got rid of it was her lead-foot, and it's thirst for premium. It gobbled fuel like mad, and petrol is about $8 to $9 a gallon (US) over here so..yeah.. bít of a problem.

I líked it. silent, fast, comfy.... Parking's a bit of a B*tch though.
One of the more dangerous creatures out there.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

@Yamara

Heheh.. well.. nót my type (the girl, nót the car) Had Brandi stood there.. ahem.. suffice to say, I would nót be responsible for my consecutive acts of "Dumb*ss looking, drooling, all flustered and only able to utter an unintelligable "hrm ehmm..hmm.. mblmbl nce wmnnn heh.. :oops: :oops: :oops: ehh.. ehrm.. hello... :faint: "

By the by, my BFF áctually lóoks like Brandy, be it with a penchant for cornrows...
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

I know I'm a couple hours late to the party, but... Jaguar Girl?
What'chu talkin' 'bout Shelly?
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

zachariah wrote:They went to the temple of the Jaguar to find the calander machine if I remember right. Why that would make her a jaguar girl escapes me, Wouldn't that make her a calander girl instead?
*shakes the pun jar*
Yarner

Post by Yarner »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Yarner wrote:Ehrm... what...?

First I thought it was a slang fro something, but Urban Dictionary was unhelpful.
Now I can see that it's not... :shock:
:? PLEASE, Pablo, do not make Monica a supernatural being... She must stay human, that's the whole point of her.
If she had a supernatural origin, that would have had ample time to surface in the ordeals so far...

I'm eagerly awaiting the next strip...
Maybe we're WATCHING her supernatural origin. Sometimes those things take a while (like 80K years).
THAT I can accept. It would really be bad storytelling to invent a new hidden origin story for M as well.
If she evolves into something more/other than human, that could be interesting...

Also. Vampire girlshttp://wapsisquare.com/news/vampire-gals-giclee-prints/...? :?
I'm a bit unsure about how to take this piece of news yet. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I hope they won't steal he show. We already have a huge troupe of kinky female characters...

On a different, less bitchy note, I love thge wind in the girls' hair in today's strip :D
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Sometimes the things that are the most obvious to others are the hardest to see even when you're looking in a mirror.

Thank you Shelly for pointing that out to Monica. That little chica is a walking powerhouse in her right.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
pcj70

Post by pcj70 »

I was thinking (always dangerous), I think she has shown signs of being a jaguar-girl for a while now, the glowing eyes/seeing in the dark bit. (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/see-in-the-dark/)
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jay-Em wrote:Oh my, Shelly's "blabbermouth" persona has nót evapourated when she became "The Sage"
Like mother, like daughter.

On the other hand, she was taking blame for Monica's fear on Thursday, but never quite explained why. I think our Shelly has begun to learn how to use misdirection to hide how much she really knows. In this case, reminding M of her own powers as a distraction from confessing all she's had to hide of her own existence.
Jay-Em wrote:The ónly sense-making thing I can come up with, is that the "Temple of the Jaguar" was the place where the calendar machine did it's devious time-looping thing...
Maybe Mon has become Linked in Legend with jaguars because of that??
Phix seems to be amused at Monica's struggling with puzzle pieces in this sequence:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/whatsthedeal/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/pickthisuplater/

Aaaaaand... the Tina Collective is avoiding saying something in this sequence:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/talkingwiththedead/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/wealthofknowledge/

Add in the connection that her best friend is the granddaughter of Styx with her own mysterious elemental bounced back from the dead, stir in a couple trashy vampires, and I think we're in for a lively/deadly October.

Oh come on PunPal, I can get crystal skulls for way cheaper than that.

Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Yamara wrote:Phix seems to be amused at Monica's struggling with puzzle pieces in this sequence:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/whatsthedeal/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/pickthisuplater/

Aaaaaand... the Tina Collective is avoiding saying something in this sequence:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/talkingwiththedead/
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/wealthofknowledge/

Add in the connection that her best friend is the granddaughter of Styx with her own mysterious elemental bounced back from the dead, stir in a couple trashy vampires, and I think we're in for a lively/deadly October.
In fact, Bud's conversation with M, following right after the above one with Tina, is even more interesting in retrospect.

zachariah

Post by zachariah »

ShadOBabe wrote:
zachariah wrote:They went to the temple of the Jaguar to find the calander machine if I remember right. Why that would make her a jaguar girl escapes me, Wouldn't that make her a calander girl instead?
*shakes the pun jar*
Not a pun. Just an observation. Now if I had said 'Just to be catty, wouldn't that make her a clander girl?' That would qualify.
<clink> Some spare claw clippings I found under the couch.

Yes we clip the cats claws. She beats up on our poor toy poodle.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

pcj70 wrote:I was thinking (always dangerous), I think she has shown signs of being a jaguar-girl for a while now, the glowing eyes/seeing in the dark bit. (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/see-in-the-dark/)
Good call! Seems I'm not the only one who didn't remember that bit. Understandable, since the discovery M makes there shadowed everything else.

So, signs *were* there. That M may be even more than she's aware of.
Jürgen A. Erhard

Post by Jürgen A. Erhard »

Seriously, I'm enjoying the view. Only my arms are getting a bit cramped. Can't wait for Monday (as often happens around these parts)!

(Not sure if I own the Pun Vault for that, but I expect to reveive a bill if I do. Come on, I'm sure it gained sentience by now, given the full breadth of its contents!)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
Your doctor prescribes PCP?!
All I ever get is a dope slap and a 'Get outta here."
Er - that stands for Primary Care Physician.....
I guess that's what happens when you go to the medical offices of Howard, Fine & Howard...
Naah... all they'll prescribe is annacannapanna and cackle fruit.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Hello Fairportfan! Fellow motorhead, welcome. Meet Lucas, Prince of Darkness, he likes to attend meetings sometimes when he can get himself started. I felt ashamed, reading todays comic. Even after a lifetime of reading SF and fantasy, I still thought Red 1969 Jag convertable when I read that line.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:
pcj70 wrote:I was thinking (always dangerous), I think she has shown signs of being a jaguar-girl for a while now, the glowing eyes/seeing in the dark bit. (http://wapsisquare.com/comic/see-in-the-dark/)
Good call! Seems I'm not the only one who didn't remember that bit. Understandable, since the discovery M makes there shadowed everything else.

So, signs *were* there. That M may be even more than she's aware of.
I thought her eye-lights (and, later, her face lights) were a "golem power by proxy" thing. Bud told Monica that M was in effect channeling Mayahuel's power/role, from out of the demon dimension, and that this had been made possible by M's childhood connection to May (who had managed to project the image of M's dead grandmother, and teach M to read and speak glyph).

It's certainly possible that there was more to it than that, of course. Becoming a glyph reader may have empowered Monica directly in some ways, more than what we've seen so far (golem control, poiting, and a preternatural ability to deedle). It may have been an initiation into a whole range of possible paranormal roles.

(I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one puzzled by the use of the term "jaguar girl". I thought for a while there that I must have missed eomething terribly obvious, and I went on an urgent Google dive. There are certainly modern-slang meanings for "jaguar" but they seem unhelpful - Monica is quite some years away from being in her fifties, she doesn't seem to be on the prowl for a boy-toy, and I can't see how being a "sophisticated, sexy woman" would lead paranormal creatures to consider her to be one of the more dangerous beings around. Insecure men, sure, but not sphinxes and the like!)
Julie

Post by Julie »

*gets comfortable in one of the couches in Confusion Corner* I'll surface from here when the Jaguar Girl comment is better explained. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Yarner wrote:Ehrm... what...?

First I thought it was a slang fro something, but Urban Dictionary was unhelpful.
Now I can see that it's not... :shock:
:? PLEASE, Pablo, do not make Monica a supernatural being... She must stay human, that's the whole point of her.
If she had a supernatural origin, that would have had ample time to surface in the ordeals so far...

I'm eagerly awaiting the next strip...
Aw, Yarner, anybody that's been dead and revived, can read and speak Glyph, commands magic indestructable clay golems and can teleport herself and others is definetly homo superior. ;)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Oh, great, now here come the X-Men lovers.

What now, Monica and Shelly are the founders of the new Marvel Comic, "X-WOMEN: MINNEAPOLIS"?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin