Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Re: Jaguar Girl 2012-09-14

Post by Fairportfan »

davids4250 wrote:This might be a dumb question, and I feel I should know the answer, but what does the third G stand for in GGG? Two of those are Golem Girls, but what is the third one> Thanks, all!
"Guardian".

Took me a while, too. I think maybe someone told me.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Leak wrote:
Dave wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:HA! I did it! I made a complete statement without a pun. I GNU I could do it.
Obviously that was just a stall, man. You've experienced what it's like to go for a second or two, and not make puns with your usual frequency, and you've found out how much it hertz.
*points torvalds the pun jar*

Also, *clink*...
I agree--the high frequency of puns around here really hertz. I try for more resistance, but within a short time I'm moanining "Ohm"!

Still, I usually can't wait to see watt next.

[drops in some one farad capacitors to increase the pun jar's capacitance.]
Leak

Post by Leak »

Fairportfan wrote:
davids4250 wrote:This might be a dumb question, and I feel I should know the answer, but what does the third G stand for in GGG? Two of those are Golem Girls, but what is the third one> Thanks, all!
"Guardian".
I could've sworn it was "Gorgeous"... oh well...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Leak wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
"Guardian".
No - that's GGGG
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Giggly (or Gorgeous) Golem Girls.

EDIT: Okay, I guess Guardian works, too. However, I think the GGG moniker came about right after their drunken debut. Boy, if you want a bit of a shock, go back to their first appearance and then take a look at them in their most recent appearance...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Fairportfan wrote:
Leak wrote:
Fairportfan wrote: "Guardian".
No - that's GGGG
Well, now, that's interesting... and raises a question:

Are THEY the guardians? In that case, they are indeed the Golem Girl Guardians (notice the lack of an 's' on Girl, as it becomes a descriptive of guardian - if you wanted 'guardian' to be a descriptive of their being Golem girls - plural - then it would be Guardian [singular] Golem Girls [plural]), so that their being gorgeous would make them the Gorgeous Golem Girl Guardians or the the Gorgeous Guardian Golem Girls - GGGG in either instance (notice the Gorgeous now is at the beginning, as per grammatical rules - as best I can figure)

On the other hand, are they "merely" the Golem Girls, and Monica is the Golem Girls' Guardian? If that is the case, you will want to specify whom you wish to describe as gorgeous, and the acronym will change depending on whether you talk about the golem girls or about Monica and who, specifically, is being described as gorgeous...
The preceding sentence was brought to you by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy

Talking about the girls:
Golem Girls - GG
The girls are the gorgeous ones:
Gorgeous Golem Girls - GGG

Talking about Monica:
Golem Girls' Guardian - GGG

Gorgeous Golem Girls' Guardian - GGGG

Monica is the gorgeous one:
Golem Girls' Gorgeous Guardian - GGGG

Both Monica and the girls are gorgeous:
Gorgeous Golem Girls' Gorgeous Guardian - GGGGG

I hope this short dissertation on the subject was helpful.

The preceding explanation was brought to you by the Confusion Corner, where you are always welcome, our couch is comfortable, and we'll never force you to leave.

P.S. jwhouk's comment, with its "Giggly" adjective, posted while I was still editing my own post, opens a whole new can of worms, as it pertains to definitions as described above. It took me long enough to write the above comment, keeping track of the colored 'G's, I am not adding Giggly to the list for now... Anyone else can feel free to improve on my work.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Mark N wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Seriously, do ya think just anyone can Poit and click?

*mutter mutter* *Deposits a speed loader for a Colt .45 in the pun jar*

The portal between this world and the next. Or at least the Demon world, which is close enough. And she was the GLaDOS one to see it closed.

D'oh! *deposits one portal gun into the pun jar*

But seriously, it's more than simply bouncing a graviton particle beam off the main deflector dish. It's because she's a Jaguar Girl.

*shifty eyes*

HA! I did it! I made a complete statement without a pun. I GNU I could do it.

*headdesks and deposits one CD with the latest Ubuntu installer into the pun jar*
Poor poor Shneekey, you have a horrible case of 'punitis'. Better get that checked on at the punspital.
The Punny Bard, he cannae help himself.

He is the very model of a punning individual,
By using low-brow humour with homonyms residual,
The laughter he creates is infectiously hysterical
He blithely switches words out that border on nonsensical
And seasons all his sentences just to pass the thyme awaaaay!
He's really punintentional, and totally irreverential
That's why he is the model of a punning individual.

*puts a copy of Pirates of Penzance, and a Danny Kaye DVD box set into the pun jar*
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

lake_wrangler wrote:Well, now, that's interesting... and raises a question:

Are THEY the guardians? In that case, they are indeed the Golem Girl Guardians (notice the lack of an 's' on Girl, as it becomes a descriptive of guardian - if you wanted 'guardian' to be a descriptive of their being Golem girls - plural - then it would be Guardian [singular] Golem Girls [plural]), so that their being gorgeous would make them the Gorgeous Golem Girl Guardians or the the Gorgeous Guardian Golem Girls - GGGG in either instance (notice the Gorgeous now is at the beginning, as per grammatical rules - as best I can figure)

On the other hand, are they "merely" the Golem Girls, and Monica is the Golem Girls' Guardian? If that is the case, you will want to specify whom you wish to describe as gorgeous, and the acronym will change depending on whether you talk about the golem girls or about Monica and who, specifically, is being described as gorgeous...
The preceding sentence was brought to you by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy

Talking about the girls:
Golem Girls - GG
Gorgeous Golem Girls - GGG

Talking about Monica:
Golem Girls' Guardian - GGG

Gorgeous Golem Girls' Guardian - GGGG

Monica is the gorgeous one:
Golem Girls' Gorgeous Guardian - GGGG

Both Monica and the girls are gorgeous:
Gorgeous Golem Girls' Gorgeous Guardian - GGGGG

And my reaction to that is : giggity. :lol:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

G whiz, fellas!
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:*headdesks and deposits one CD with the latest Ubuntu installer into the pun jar*
Would that be the new 12.04 LTS, or something else? I think they are doing Beta on 13.something, but this box of rocks won't go any higher than 10.04 without crashing because of video driver issues with the Intel 810 video chips.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

bmonk wrote:
Leak wrote:
Dave wrote: Obviously that was just a stall, man. You've experienced what it's like to go for a second or two, and not make puns with your usual frequency, and you've found out how much it hertz.
*points torvalds the pun jar*

Also, *clink*...
I agree--the high frequency of puns around here really hertz. I try for more resistance, but within a short time I'm moanining "Ohm"!

Still, I usually can't wait to see watt next.

[drops in some one farad capacitors to increase the pun jar's capacitance.]
I am shocked at the revoltin' number of puns in the current conversation. I think the whole thing is electrifying! It makes me just want to go ohm. I do not have the capacitance to handle this any more.

*clink*

Thanks all for the GGG help. I was thinking Gorgeous, myself.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:*headdesks and deposits one CD with the latest Ubuntu installer into the pun jar*
Would that be the new 12.04 LTS, or something else? I think they are doing Beta on 13.something, but this box of rocks won't go any higher than 10.04 without crashing because of video driver issues with the Intel 810 video chips.
12.10 is out in beta.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DinkyInky wrote:Poor poor Shneekey, you have a horrible case of 'punitis'. Better get that checked on at the punspital.
The Punny Bard, he cannae help himself.

*puts a copy of Pirates of Penzance, and a Danny Kaye DVD box set into the pun jar*
Huzzah! And bravo!

*standing ovation* :lol:
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DinkyInky wrote:The Punny Bard, he cannae help himself.

If I were ever punished
for every little pun I shed
I'd hie me to a punny shed
and there I'd hang my punnish head.

*deposits one Acme Insta-shed into the pun vault*

Punning is merely a symptom of a larger malady, I'm afraid. And therefore, I must slightly correct the lyrics.

I am a very model of a filking individual
By using older tunes with lyrics that are quite original
On topics ranging from sci-fi to any close related theme
B5, Star Trek or Wars, Brown Coats or just the filking scene
Referencing writing, TV, or production on the siiiiilver screen
I can filk the whole night through,
get banned from argo's what I do
That's why I am a model of a Filking Individual.

:P
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Punning is merely a symptom of a larger malady, I'm afraid. And therefore, I must slightly correct the lyrics.
*/facepalm*
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I am a very model of a filking individual
By using older tunes with lyrics that are quite original
On topics ranging from sci-fi to any close related theme
B5, Star Trek or Wars, Brown Coats or just the filking scene
Referencing writing, TV, or production on the siiiiilver screen
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I can filk the whole night through,
:P
We know, Shneekey! We know! Don't remind us! Please!
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:get banned from argo's what I do
That's why I am a model of a Filking Individual.
Doesn't she(Miss Leslie fish) already do that when anyone attempts it in her presence?
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

DinkyInky wrote: Doesn't she(Miss Leslie fish) already do that when anyone attempts it in her presence?
She's gotten more mellow about it now that she isn't being asked a dozen times a day to perform said song, which was simply scribbled on the back of a napkin en route to the recording studio in order to fill out the last few minutes of the tape. But yes, for several years, she was burned out on the tune, which is quite infectious, and flat refused to perform it for quite a while. I think she was a bit miffed that it was one of her most popular songs, despite the minimal amount of effort put into it.

I actually even got permission from Leslie Fish to form a filking group called 'The Band From Argo', with the caveat that, should she ever be present for a performance, she was permitted to chase us off stage with a cane, once our set was done.

Still, it's established etiquette that should you be in a Filker's Circle with her, that the aforementioned tune not be mentioned in her presence.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

shadowinthelight wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Well, now, that's interesting... and raises a question:

< snip >

And my reaction to that is : giggity. :lol:
Ummm.. the originial instance of the GGGs was Giggling Golem Girls, later shortened to GGs Golem Girls. From back in the days of the first forum. Nice speculation, though!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote:Ummm.. the originial instance of the GGGs was Giggling Golem Girls, later shortened to GGs Golem Girls. From back in the days of the first forum. Nice speculation, though!
That's what I get for being late to the party, I guess... 8-)
Geek_on_call

Post by Geek_on_call »

Jay-Em wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:"Jaguar girl?"

Wot - she drives British sports cars with wonky electrics?
Nah, nah.. My BFF drove a Jag XJ Sovereign for quite some time, without a hitch, in our wet, Dutch weather. Ónly reason she got rid of it was her lead-foot, and it's thirst for premium. It gobbled fuel like mad, and petrol is about $8 to $9 a gallon (US) over here so..yeah.. bít of a problem.

I líked it. silent, fast, comfy.... Parking's a bit of a B*tch though.

Jaguar Girl ???
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
- Groucho Marx
Geek_on_call

Post by Geek_on_call »

ShadOBabe wrote:I know I'm a couple hours late to the party, but... Jaguar Girl?
What'chu talkin' 'bout Shelly?

Jaguar Girl ???
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
- Groucho Marx