Ferocious Beast 2016-05-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Ferocious Beast 2016-05-12

Post by Opus the Poet »

I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Sgt. Howard

Re: Ferocious Beast 2016-05-12

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Sounds good to me... but then I wanted to go through basic a second time just for giggles.. and Infantry and Ranger school were both a blast...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Not the point she was trying to make nor the response she was looking for... LOL
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Atsali just gained a couple more Status Points once the munchkins get back to the school and start running their mouths.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

If she were in High school with me back in the day, I would try to date her.... (Try?... no, I would succeed)
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sgt. Howard wrote:If she were in High school with me back in the day, I would try to date her.... (Try?... no, I would succeed)
It's kinda up to her if you end up dating her. :roll:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I don't use force, Glytch- but I think we would attract under those circumstances.... then again, it's all moot. She's a cartoon character and I'm old enough o be her Grampa
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And then there's Nadette.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Note the reaction of two adolescent predats to news of their idol's badassery.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea i can see several status points for her fighting skills and running special ops for the MIB (one does not let little things like facts get in the way of telling a tale in high school).
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

The Rumor Mill just got a new tank of high-octane fuel...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:Yea i can see several status points for her fighting skills and running special ops for the MIB (one does not let little things like facts get in the way of telling a tale in high school).
"...in high school"?

As a wise old boatswain's mate once told me "The difference between a fairy tale and a sea story is that fairy tales start 'Once upon a time...' and sea stories begin 'Okay, this is no shit..."

{That was different wise old boatswain's mate from the one who told me "You don't have to swing the big hammer with all your strength, but there is a limit to how hard the little hammer can hit."}
FirehawkShadowchild

Post by FirehawkShadowchild »

Somehow I don't think, that is the reaction Nadette was looking for ... although she should have expected it.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I have a feeling that Atsali is going to hear about what Nadette said, and will probably be hurt that her girlfriend doesn't fully trust her (whether or not Nadette actually does is irrelevant, as these are a teen's feelings we're talking about here), or that Nadette sees her as a monster.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

What Devyn and Abbie don't realize, is that the same kind of reflexes that can clean Thymbris' clock can also send Nadette, Daylla, Castela and Atsali to the hospital, on account of a mere prank gone wrong...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I completely forgot about that! Best sleepover EVER!
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
eee

Post by eee »

Nadette DOES have grounds to be worried. But from what we've seen, she's not quite correct in her fears. Atsali has to believe herself in danger and THEN be startled, or be in a high emotional state, to unleash her warbird aspect. Normal conflict - so far - hasn't done it.
Sgt. Howard wrote:I don't use force, Glytch- but I think we would attract under those circumstances.... then again, it's all moot. She's a cartoon character and I'm old enough o be her Grampa
(waves hand dismissively) Details, details.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:Nadette DOES have grounds to be worried. But from what we've seen, she's not quite correct in her fears. Atsali has to believe herself in danger and THEN be startled, or be in a high emotional state, to unleash her warbird aspect. Normal conflict - so far - hasn't done it. . . .
Normal conflict with Castela did . . .

I also think that scared Atsali.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Note the reaction of two adolescent predats to news of their idol's badassery.
Admiring a badass fighter? That's just a simple case of hero warship.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

FirehawkShadowchild wrote:Somehow I don't think, that is the reaction Nadette was looking for ... although she should have expected it.
nope... her Seer powers don't work right when they concern someone that she has strong emotions towards... :P
Don't planto mihi adveho illac