A Controlled Stampede 2016-04-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

A Controlled Stampede 2016-04-12

Post by AmriloJim »

DilyV

Re: A Controlled Stampede 2016-04-12

Post by DilyV »

Yowza Atsali... calm down there kid!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

...why is she wearing a dress? That makes less than no sense...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

GlytchMeister wrote:...why is she wearing a dress? That makes less than no sense...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

. . .

Where's this control for the controlled stampede?
GlytchMeister wrote:...why is she wearing a dress? That makes less than no sense...
Looks like the team uniforms, since all of the grrls are wearing pretty much the same.

Looks like something like lycra bicycle shorts underneath.

. . .

We used to have a girl who wore daisy dukes and lycra bicycle shorts to work . . .

At the same time! Daisy dukes over lycra bicycle shorts . . .

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I wasn't going to say anything, Paul.

I predict that Gryphon High's Girl's Field Hockey team is going to be All-State this year...

I do notice, however, that's she's wielding the stick a bit on the high side, there. That'll earn her a yellow card or two...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

ow?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Wapsi wrote:
(img)
...huh.

I still don't think it makes sense, mechanically speaking, but I concede Paul is accurate in his portrayal.

Tight skirts in a sport that involves a lot of running around doesn't seem to be the wisest choice. I mean, cheerleaders and tennis players wear pleated or loose skirts, which I can understand... Not very restrictive.

...even if Atsali's skirt is stretchy, I still think it would get in the way and restrict movement.

*shrugs*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
(img)
...huh.

I still don't think it makes sense, mechanically speaking, but I concede Paul is accurate in his portrayal.

Tight skirts in a sport that involves a lot of running around doesn't seem to be the wisest choice. I mean, cheerleaders and tennis players wear pleated or loose skirts, which I can understand... Not very restrictive.

...even if Atsali's skirt is stretchy, I still think it would get in the way and restrict movement.

*shrugs*
Maybe it's all a bit safer that way. It forces the wearer to subconsciously be more careful in their movements. Sort of like bare-knuckle boxing being safer than gloved boxing. You have to hold back a bit.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

The uniform makes as much sense as most others do to me, shrugs. I do hope poor Stali doesn't get taken out of the game for unnecessary roughness. Oh a slight side note the wife and i were watching a American TV show earlier tonight by name of Lucifer. It showed a distant shot to a slow pan close up of a car with very foggy windows. The sounds coming from inside led one to the conclusion that the 2 people inside were getting a bit frisky. As i drifted to a view of the back window all of a sudden a angel wing explodes out nearly busting through the glass.
I shouted wing boner! The wife looked at me and said how the hell do you know wh.... never mind i don't want to know honey. Fist time i ever seen one on TV, what can i say. Definitely made me think of Waspi.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I'm reminded of some of the battle scenes from movies such as Braveheart here. . .
GlytchMeister wrote:Tight skirts in a sport that involves a lot of running around doesn't seem to be the wisest choice. I mean, cheerleaders and tennis players wear pleated or loose skirts, which I can understand... Not very restrictive.

*shrugs*
They don't look to be restrictive to movements, considering that they only go down so far and that the hem seems to move around freely enough. The kids should be able to run and jump and kick and stomp and such easily in those. I expect that the length is to help protect the girls' modesty, so that the hems don't rise up too far during more acrobatic parts of play.
eee

Post by eee »

I can't tell if Nad' is reacting to Atsali's violence, or the violence being directed at her, or both. :?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:I can't tell if Nad' is reacting to Atsali's violence, or the violence being directed at her, or both. :?
Probably both.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"AND NOW, COMING OUT OF CHUTE NUMBER 5...."
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote:.We used to have a girl who wore daisy dukes and lycra bicycle shorts to work . . .

--FreeFlier
Back when I was commuting 100 miles a week by bike my office pants went on over my bike shorts when I got to work. When you ride that many miles the only way to keep skin on your crotch is to wear the right clothes.

Also bike shorts are the prototype for Spanx. Seh was just an "early adopter".
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

oldmanmickey wrote:The uniform makes as much sense as most others do to me, shrugs. I do hope poor Stali doesn't get taken out of the game for unnecessary roughness. Oh a slight side note the wife and i were watching a American TV show earlier tonight by name of Lucifer. It showed a distant shot to a slow pan close up of a car with very foggy windows. The sounds coming from inside led one to the conclusion that the 2 people inside were getting a bit frisky. As i drifted to a view of the back window all of a sudden a angel wing explodes out nearly busting through the glass.
I shouted wing boner! The wife looked at me and said how the hell do you know wh.... never mind i don't want to know honey. Fist time i ever seen one on TV, what can i say. Definitely made me think of Waspi.
I can only imagine what your wife was thinking when you did that. probably along the lines of "Where in the world wide web have you been, and WHY did you go there?"

Wingboner, can't stop laughing--classic.
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
sheik

Post by sheik »

Sgt. Howard wrote:"AND NOW, COMING OUT OF CHUTE NUMBER 5...."
It's Tornado!
Ridden by...oh well.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:.We used to have a girl who wore daisy dukes and lycra bicycle shorts to work . . .

Back when I was commuting 100 miles a week by bike my office pants went on over my bike shorts when I got to work. When you ride that many miles the only way to keep skin on your crotch is to wear the right clothes.

Also bike shorts are the prototype for Spanx. Seh was just an "early adopter".
Actually, I don't believe she rode a bicycle . . . I think she just liked the bicycle shorts, and the daisy dukes were to keep her out of dress-code trouble.

I had to explain to a ladylike co-worker why the guy wearing a "Big Johnson" t-shirt got told to take it off or go home . . .

--FreeFlier