Filling-The_quiet_spaces 2012-09-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Filling-The_quiet_spaces 2012-09-12

Post by kingklash »

liquidschwartz wrote:Resume another plot...

Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.
If she is a succubus, she's done a lot to death.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

davids4250 wrote:Y'know, I'll bet Nudge's hooves, with those metal shoes, make a Hell of a racket on those tile floors, even when she is trying to be quiet. Seems to me they would be slippery, too.
Yes, metal shoes tend to be slippy. If you need shoes on your horses and you do a lot of road riding (black top is like ice for horseshoes) or ride in the winter you usually have your farrier weld borium spots on the shoes for traction. Shoes aren't just iron. Racing plates are aluminum. They've also tried titanium. There are even plastic and polyurathane shoes like that and this. As for noise any hard soled foot wear would make noise in a Library like that without carpeting.

edit: Also, Phix seems to have calmed down quite a bit. The dark circles around her eyes have disappeared.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Dave wrote:This seems very right to me, somehow... after all the trauma, drama, angst, blood, adrenaline, anger, and shouting... it feels like a moment of clarity. Maybe it's a true moment of calmness; maybe it's just the eye of the hurricane, and all hell will break loose again. For the moment at least, the winds have died and there's a gentle breeze blowing.

And, it's really a beautiful portrayal of these two characters.

Is it my imagination, or does Phix look as if she has come to some sort of decision... and Nudge looks as if she approves?
couldnt have said it better my self, and yes it does look like she has come to one wonder if she chooses to be in there life. please, please let her be in there life ;)

now comes the part of M and phix trying to make ameds for what she saw and knowing how dangerous that phix can be :o
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
stjen

Post by stjen »

M & Phix need to make up, yes, but there also needs to be some Phix and Shelly time too -- it would be good for Shelly to know her grandmom better, and get that side of things out into the open.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

liquidschwartz wrote:Resume another plot...

Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.
She's a vampire. Also done to death. Hopefully Paul has a different slant on it. I've said more about it in another post in the The Main Pub Room section under the title The Vampires are Coming.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Leak

Post by Leak »

kingklash wrote:
liquidschwartz wrote:Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.
Maybe I've watched too much Lost Girl, but last I checked Succubi and Vampires are two different things - and since Paul titled that newspost "Vampire Gals Giclee Prints" I'd hazard a guess they're both of the bloodsucking type...
sheik

Post by sheik »

Did anyone else get this connection?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Leak wrote:
kingklash wrote:
liquidschwartz wrote:Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.
Maybe I've watched too much Lost Girl, but last I checked Succubi and Vampires are two different things - and since Paul titled that newspost "Vampire Gals Giclee Prints" I'd hazard a guess they're both of the bloodsucking type...
Drusilla, in Pibgorn, is a succubus.

She also exhibits vampirian tendencies, time to time, as did an incubus who appeared in the comic.

Which, of course, proves nothing.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

[quote="liquidschwartz"Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.[/quote]

Perhaps inspired (as was this El Goonish Shive strip)

by a real ComiCon costume.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

foilgirl82 wrote:Phix's proportions are bugging me. Have her hands always been that big? And have her cat legs always been that size?
The legs are about right for a lion that size, and her hands have always shifted in size, depending on what she's doing.

Check out Shelly's here.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Fairportfan wrote:[quote="liquidschwartz"Who's the girl with the tape on her nipples? I'm thinking succubus, but that's been done to death.
Perhaps inspired (as was this El Goonish Shive strip)

by a real ComiCon costume.[/quote]
I've seen that type of minimalist cover-up in lots of different places before, but never in person, unfortunately.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

kingklash wrote:I've seen that type of minimalist cover-up in lots of different places before, but never in person, unfortunately.
"i" have... unfortunately She was ALSO breaking the "spandex law" as well... :shock: :cry:
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:
foilgirl82 wrote:Phix's proportions are bugging me. Have her hands always been that big? And have her cat legs always been that size?
The legs are about right for a lion that size, and her hands have always shifted in size, depending on what she's doing.

Check out Shelly's here.
Note that in Real Life, the size of a hand is the distance from chin to eyebrow. Try it and see! Since PW draws characters with large heads, the hands are appropriate to the head size, and so rather large. Consistent with the body scale, but large.

@Bathorys Daughter and pinglederry -- Phix's wings discussed here, toward the bottom.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Fairportfan wrote:

Check out Shelly's here.
Or this one http://wapsisquare.com/comic/jumpiness/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

foilgirl82 wrote:Phix's proportions are bugging me. Have her hands always been that big? And have her cat legs always been that size? Seems off to me. I like the picture overall, though. Implies more of a friendship than we've seen between those two thus far.
I'm thinking that this is Phix's true shape, that her hands are really that big (remember her grabbing Nudge's head?) and this is how big she really is when she "lets her hair down".
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.