All Better 2012-08-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Re: All Better 2012-08-02

Post by Opus the Poet »

My "faith" in the Wapsi readership has been restored. You guys are very "punny"...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Gaz Hunter wrote:Ah! THERE you all are! I was wondering where the comments had gone to...

Great strip...I'm just slightly confused as to how a methane-filled fish is not more airborne than Oscar is. Surely he should be flown like a balloon?

Gaz
I believe methane is heavier than air, or at the very least not lighter than air enough to use it as a lifting gas.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
DrSpooN

Post by DrSpooN »

Is that Napoleon Dynamite helping her out? Gosh!

Looking good Paul!

-DrS-
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

jwhouk wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Well, at least everything came out okay for the little guy...

*deposits two dinar into the pun jar*
You know, we never did decide what happened to the pun jar after the comments were disabled...
I'd opine that, since the Pun Jar already had opened into a capacious Escheresque Hammerspace, it was able to maintain its existence on that alternate convoluted space until a suitable portal was available again here.

Kinda like the Biblioteke has alternate doors.
Dave

Post by Dave »

bmonk wrote:I'd opine that, since the Pun Jar already had opened into a capacious Escheresque Hammerspace, it was able to maintain its existence on that alternate convoluted space until a suitable portal was available again here.
And, fortunately for all concerned, the Pun Jar doesn't suffer from "lacked us" intolerance. If it had, the sudden eruption through its new portal into this forum would have been unpleasant.
indy dave

Post by indy dave »

Hooray - the discussions have returned - and so has the somewhat fishy humor...

Anyone got change for a fin so I can contribute?
chibichibi01

Post by chibichibi01 »

Holy Halibut. I'm happy to see we've got forums and can now dive into the depths of discussion once more. At this rate, i might actually become a permanent commenter instead of just reading and flopping around!

-tosses her own sand dollar into the jar-

And katherine is so Adorable! I've been missing her, and glad to see she's still around.
ImageImage
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

OK, got my forum reg done, but don't have my avatar handy here at work, maybe I'll go scrape it from another site and upload it (can't remember my gravatar login info and don't have my cheat sheet with me), or I'll just wait until i get home. Good to be back, missed the discussions, and I think Paul was about to kill all of us for clogging up the threads in places we weren't supposed to be (that's why i stopped responding over there, heh).
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

CraigR wrote:That is one angry looking fish in the last panel.
He seems more startled, to me. Kind of like HE doesn't even know where all this gas is coming from (well, more accurately, how he's producing it so prodigiously).
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave wrote:And, fortunately for all concerned, the Pun Jar doesn't suffer from "lacked us" intolerance. If it had, the sudden eruption through its new portal into this forum would have been unpleasant.
Ummm, Dave, I hate to mention that you seem to be being followed by a gaping, hungry maw for that one. It might get unpleasant if it catches you.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

Poor Oscar.

Wait, how in the world did Katherine find out her fish was lactose intolerant? That would make an interesting flashback. "Here Oscar, try some ice cream..." *Toot* "Ok then, no milk products for you."

Milk is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think of feeding my fish...

However I do like how she can communicate with the bubbles Oscar emits. I wonder, is Oscar something else in disguise?

Also, sorry for bringing back the old threads to the top of the page... I didn't realize it would do that. :( Now I'm gonna mess everything up if I keep commenting.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

No worries, kingmaker; it happens in a lot of forums (forae?) I visit. Just don't do it too often, or else you'll be branded as a dreaded Thread Necromancer & an unlikely team of mismatched forumite heroes will be sent to thwart you. ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

MerchManDan wrote:No worries, kingmaker; it happens in a lot of forums (forae?) I visit. Just don't do it too often, or else you'll be branded as a dreaded Thread Necromancer & an unlikely team of mismatched forumite heroes will be sent to thwart you. ;)
Ah ok then... I'll only do it every other thread then.... :p

Just ones that I think I could add to is all. So hopefully not too many.
"But when they said, "Give us a king to lead us," this displeased Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD"
1 Samuel 8:6

Sometimes being the Kingmaker is harder than it sounds, especially when people don't know what they are getting into.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Heh. I've necroed a bunch of "Webcomics" threads over at the Misfile forum.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Kingmaker wrote:Also, sorry for bringing back the old threads to the top of the page... I didn't realize it would do that. :( Now I'm gonna mess everything up if I keep commenting.
That happens because the naming convention didn't put the date first. Of course then one would need to choose Subject in the sorting options for it all come out in order. But then, you would never see when a past subject was updated without going through every page of postings. Not that it would be any different than it was in the old forum in that regard. Staying with a Post Time sort, however, would still allow guests to more easily see which topics have been updated recently.

But it is what it is and we live with it, unless someone changes the database entries to put the date first in the Subject slot. I suppose the right script could automate that. Nothing's easy.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave11

Post by Dave11 »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Kingmaker wrote:Also, sorry for bringing back the old threads to the top of the page... I didn't realize it would do that. :( Now I'm gonna mess everything up if I keep commenting.
That happens because the naming convention didn't put the date first. Of course then one would need to choose Subject in the sorting options for it all come out in order. But then, you would never see when a past subject was updated without going through every page of postings. Not that it would be any different than it was in the old forum in that regard. Staying with a Post Time sort, however, would still allow guests to more easily see which topics have been updated recently.

But it is what it is and we live with it, unless someone changes the database entries to put the date first in the Subject slot. I suppose the right script could automate that. Nothing's easy.
Actually, BBCode forums just put the most recently updated post on top, regardless of title.
Eagerly anticipating the Pun Jar singularity event...

Forget the Plot Flour...we're into Plot Cornstarch, and the plot has gone non-newtonian...

"To the Journey!"
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Dave11 wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:

Actually, BBCode forums just put the most recently updated post on top, regardless of title.
Yes--but the newest comic, or two or three, should still be at/near the top few. So it won't "break" the site--unless Kingmaker conscientiously comments on every single comic for 30 or 40 in a row.