Plunk 2012-09-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Plunk 2012-09-07

Post by Dave »

Well, that was a lot less than I thought it would take to snap Phix out of her fury. Nowhere near the atomic cannon I had expected.

Good news, I think?

EDIT: were any of the classic Tricksters ever known to take a bird form? A raven or crow or owl? Maybe Nudge can fly, if she can morph into a bird form she has used before, in the few seconds it will take for her to hit ground?
Last edited by Dave on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOTDilbert

Re: Plunk 2012-09-07

Post by NOTDilbert »

Yep, that nickle dropped pretty damn fast, considering.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Cheesy1

Post by Cheesy1 »

Nudge - "NO I CAN'T, DIPSHIIIIIIIIIII . . .!!!!!!"

Talk about having a lot of faith in your in friends, Nudge! Geez!
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Bah. Phix is a trickster demigod. It'll take more than a little thing like gravity to get rid of her.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Dave wrote:Well, that was a lot less than I thought it would take to snap Phix out of her fury. Nowhere near the atomic cannon I had expected.

Good news, I think?

EDIT: were any of the classic Tricksters ever known to take a bird form? A raven or crow or owl? Maybe Nudge can fly, if she can morph into a bird form she has used before, in the few seconds it will take for her to hit ground?
Yes. Raven is a trickster in the American Northwest, I believe. Did you know Coyote accidently got himself pregnant once? :lol:
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Come on Phix, it's time to fly down and save her.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

NOTDilbert wrote:Did you know Coyote accidently got himself pregnant once? :lol:
Let me guess. He pulled a prank on one of the higher Powers, and (when caught out) was Commanded in no uncertain terms to... well, I can't say it since this is a forum for a YA comic but I'm sure you get my drift? 8-)
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

But now we are seeing Nudge's Plan working. Phix went from 'murderous pissed' to 'pissing pants scared' in 3 seconds flat. My guess is that nudge wanted Phix to think of all the things she has done in the past, making sure that she processed it all while in a blind rage and then do something to remind Phix that she really does care about the beings in her life. Net effect, one brilliant Sphinx realizes that certain people really do love her and she needs them as much as they need her.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Oooookay. I wonder what Nudge's backup plan is/was in case Phix didn't realize/doesn't care about that? Shelly in the weeds, maybe? Or (as was suggested) turning into trickster raven?

On a slightly different note: It has been pointed out that Nudge was several hundred miles north when Tina 1.0 was killed. But a relatively short time later, she was able to take over Tina's body and move her out of the morgue. How did she cover that distance? She can't poit, so haow does she move long distances? Just wonderin'.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Dave wrote:Well, that was a lot less than I thought it would take to snap Phix out of her fury. Nowhere near the atomic cannon I had expected.

Good news, I think?

Yes. Raven is a trickster in the American Northwest, I believe. Did you know Coyote accidently got himself pregnant once? :lol:
So did Loki, for that matter. With Slepnir, Odin's eight legged horse.

Regarding the comic,panel 3 where the light bulb goes off is my favorite with panel two running a close second. Disheveled, the family resemblance between Phix and Shelly is obvious.
Last edited by Boxilar on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

And thus begins The Phix Redemption. After she swoops down to save her she will have a harder time convincing Nudge that she hates her. I'm sure she'll try, however. "Uh ... I ... I only saved you so I would not always be stuck in the library again as the only librarian!"
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
ShadOBabe

Post by ShadOBabe »

All I can say is, "LOL"!!
Nudge you're insane. And I just love Phix more and more with every appearance of her's.
Dave

Post by Dave »

davids4250 wrote:But a relatively short time later, she was able to take over Tina's body and move her out of the morgue. How did she cover that distance? She can't poit, so haow does she move long distances? Just wonderin'.
Since Nudge is apparently Coyote, she clearly knows how to morph into a canine form. It's not that far a stretch to think that she can morph into a closely-related canine form... one which is celebrated for travel through the sky and is capable of warping Time itself. A few hundred miles in instants would be no trouble at all for one in that shape.

"I want to fly like a beagle, into the future.."

OK, I'm tired and being excessively silly. I don't think we know the answer to your question, except in the general sense that Nudge is known to be a demigod and presumably has access to tricks that mortals do not.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

Dave wrote: "I want to fly like a beagle, into the future.."

OK, I'm tired and being excessively silly. I don't think we know the answer to your question, except in the general sense that Nudge is known to be a demigod and presumably has access to tricks that mortals do not.

Donates a golden food dish to the Pun Vault in honor of Dave's valiant attempt.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

davids4250 wrote:On a slightly different note: It has been pointed out that Nudge was several hundred miles north when Tina 1.0 was killed. But a relatively short time later, she was able to take over Tina's body and move her out of the morgue. How did she cover that distance? She can't poit, so how does she move long distances? Just wonderin'.
My theory is that she takes short cuts through the demon realm. She may even have back doors set up to be able to hop in and out of the library without Phix ever knowing about it. The library has openings in many places.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Nudge can fly if bouncing counts. If it doesn't then Phix is gonna have to save her very quickly. The other option is that Shelly saves her.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Tepoz could be playing soccer mom again. For that matter it could explain how Nudge got to Tina so quickly
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

Ha. There it is.
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

A "Friday Cliff-Faller" :x Grmmbll..I shóuld have known...

My guess:

Phix swoops down, to find Nudge being lowered by Shelly, forcing Phix to sit down & talk for real with her granddaughter ánd Nudge.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:And thus begins The Phix Redemption. After she swoops down to save her she will have a harder time convincing Nudge that she hates her. I'm sure she'll try, however. "Uh ... I ... I only saved you so I would not always be stuck in the library again as the only librarian.

That's... probably close to the truth.

Whatever happens, it's clear that, when push comes to shove, Phix cán snap out of her righteous indignation (=eufemism for "blind rage) in a flash.
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)