Never Left Their Sides 2012-09-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
davids4250

Re: Never Left Their Sides 2012-09-06

Post by davids4250 »

Wdot wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Stigmartyr762 wrote:Okay, now let's see if Phix is mad enough to follow Nudge outside where she doesn't have to power of the Library to back her up. Or if the library will even let Phix leave to continue chasing Nudge.
Bia being knocked out of it would mean the library is more powerful than even Titans. Heck, the blast from the Chimera didn't even knock her off her feet. Not even the second wave. That, in turn, would mean it is run by beings much more powerful than Titans. It could be at the level of the original gods or even something beyond them. Hmmm ... OMG it's Oprah!
That is a good observation Bathorys Daughter! My guess is The Library is run by Athene/Minerva daughter of Zeus/Jupiter. She is the goddess of wisdom and an appropriate one to run a library. (and she had a sphinx on her helm) ;)
But the windows of the Library matched the emblem on Bia's headband. Wouldn't that imply that she had something to do with the place?

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/a-place-to-grow/
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Wdot wrote:That is a good observation Bathorys Daughter! My guess is The Library is run by Athene/Minerva daughter of Zeus/Jupiter. She is the goddess of wisdom and an appropriate one to run a library. (and she had a sphinx on her helm) ;)
i think you've got the order wrong... the TITANS were the older of the bunch, Chronos (a Titan) was Zeus's FATHER, so why would Zeus's DAUGHTER Athena (NOT a Titan) be able to design/run/make (whatever) a structure that was more powerful than the Titans? Nah, it makes more sense to think that the Library was there even before the Titans were, and that they even as powerful as they are, are less than the beings that originally made the library itself. remember how Phix said that the Library "took notice" of earth when we got smart enough to start writing? where were they open for business BEFORE THAT? I'll bet that the whole Demon/Sphinx antagonism thing was going on LONG before our universe was even HERE!, and that we're just coming into it as newcomers, 80K years ago true, but still, from what Monica (or Jin's) Doubt demon was saying about the demon realm existing before our ENTIRE PLANE OF EXISTENCE was created... yeah we're the new kids on the block compared to that. and by default that makes our newly written about Titans and Gods that much less powerful that those unknown beings that MADE the Library.

and here:
davids4250 wrote:But the windows of the Library matched the emblem on Bia's headband. Wouldn't that imply that she had something to do with the place?
i'd say that Bia was just using the design of an older structure/art as decoration, just like we do today, like the Nike "swoosh" symbol all over the place. it was around before the tennis shoes were and they just took it and stylized it and made it their own... i think that's all it is with Bia and the headband thing.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Scantron
i think you've got the order wrong... the TITANS were the older of the bunch, Chronos (a Titan) was Zeus's FATHER, so why would Zeus's DAUGHTER Athena (NOT a Titan) be able to design/run/make (whatever) a structure that was more powerful than the Titans?
Well, see the Titanomachy, the Titans lost the war to the 'gods' prior to the existance of mankind.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Wdot wrote:Scantron
i think you've got the order wrong... the TITANS were the older of the bunch, Chronos (a Titan) was Zeus's FATHER, so why would Zeus's DAUGHTER Athena (NOT a Titan) be able to design/run/make (whatever) a structure that was more powerful than the Titans?
Well, see the Titanomachy, the Titans lost the war to the 'gods' prior to the existance of mankind.

um... Yes?.. i don't understand what point you're trying to make. the Titans were first, then the Olympian Gods, then the rest of them... that's what i said.

as for the existence of mankind thing, well that just proves my point that the Library existed BEFORE WE DID... it existed before we WROTE about it, but i'll bet it was around even before the Titans were, as implied by the Doubt Demon in the CM Arc combined with the facts told to Monica about the reason she was guarding the Library in the first place (demon infested humans being killed to prevent access to the Library via a possessed human) so obviously that conflict was being waged well before we were even around to talk about it let alone write about it.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

scantrontb wrote:
Wdot wrote:Scantron

um... Yes?.. i don't understand what point you're trying to make. the Titans were first, then the Olympian Gods, then the rest of them... that's what i said.

as for the existence of mankind thing, well that just proves my point that the Library existed BEFORE WE DID... it existed before we WROTE about it, but i'll bet it was around even before the Titans were, as implied by the Doubt Demon in the CM Arc combined with the facts told to Monica about the reason she was guarding the Library in the first place (demon infested humans being killed to prevent access to the Library via a possessed human) so obviously that conflict was being waged well before we were even around to talk about it let alone write about it.
The point being the 'gods' are in charge now, not the Titans. They won the war and got the spoils and perhaps The Library was part of the spoils. Bia works for Zeus/Jupiter now as one of his ramrods implying that He is more powerful than She is and maybe His daughter Athena is too. Which might be why Phix could one-punch Bia through The Library wall. Of course all this is just fun supposition anyhow. ;)
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt