Sign Of Weakness 2012-09-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Wdot

Re: Sign Of Weakness 2012-09-05

Post by Wdot »

NOTDilbert wrote:
Wdot wrote: I am so ashamed!!! There was something nagging me in the back of my mind, but I couldn't dredge it up. I will fix it immediately!
(Blatantly copying): "Thank you, miss Wdot!" :)

Um, that'd be señor Wdot. Maybe I should rethink using Phix as my picture!? Nah, I like looking at Phix in all her incarnations. Any way glad you liked the list. Still can't believe I forgot the Road Runner theme...
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DinkyInky wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I'm surprised no one has suggested the Flight of the Bumble Bee...

Here is it, played by Guinness world record holder title of fastest violinist, Dave Garett:
*sneaky edit* Since you seem to like this tune, here's one by Jennifer Batten.
Actually, while I did spend some time gathering several links to Flight of the Bumble Bee, adding only one for the William Tell Overture (for lack of time needed to search for more), I have come to think that the William Tell Overture would fit better than the Flight of the Bumble Bee...
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Wdot wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:
Wdot wrote: I am so ashamed!!! There was something nagging me in the back of my mind, but I couldn't dredge it up. I will fix it immediately!
(Blatantly copying): "Thank you, miss Wdot!" :)

Um, that'd be señor Wdot. Maybe I should rethink using Phix as my picture!? Nah, I like looking at Phix in all her incarnations. Any way glad you liked the list. Still can't believe I forgot the Road Runner theme...
Okay, but "Thank you senor Wdot via Phix's image" is kinda cumbersome. And yeah, if I had some cute Wapsi art babe I could use as a Gravatar, I'd rather look at that than me anyday.

Have I said in the past that my Gravatar is a passable cartoon likeness of me?....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

So how do you talk with no mouth?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Wdot wrote:Um, that'd be señor Wdot. Maybe I should rethink using Phix as my picture!? Nah, I like looking at Phix in all her incarnations. Any way glad you liked the list. Still can't believe I forgot the Road Runner theme...
Heh. My predilection for using female avatars has often led people to assume i are a gurl.

Not even nearly.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah. Fairport be a bit hairy. ;)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

lake_wrangler wrote: I have come to think that the William Tell Overture would fit better than the Flight of the Bumble Bee...
I have heard that The William Tell Overture is supposed to bring to mind a fox chasing a hare, so it fits very well.
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

jwhouk wrote:So how do you talk with no mouth?
Many have said "excessively."
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

davids4250 wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote: I have come to think that the William Tell Overture would fit better than the Flight of the Bumble Bee...
I have heard that The William Tell Overture is supposed to bring to mind a fox chasing a hare, so it fits very well.
Whenever I hear the William Tell, I think of "Pompous Circumstance" by Wendy Carlos, I believe. A fun, if twisted, romp!
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

bmonk wrote:
davids4250 wrote:
Whenever I hear the William Tell, I think of "Pompous Circumstance" by Wendy Carlos, I believe. A fun, if twisted, romp!
Oh lord! I really came to hate that tune. Now I've got it in my head! Not Pompous Circumstance, I've never heard that, but Pomp and Circumstance. I was in the school orchestra playing violin. We had to play it seemingly endlessly for graduation ceremonies. Not to mention all the practices. Still love the violin at least. AUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!!! :o
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

"Pompous Circumstance" is just a transcription for the original analog, monophonic Moog. (To play more than one note at a time, you had to overdub each multiple times.)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Bathorys Daughter wrote: Oh lord! I really came to hate that tune. Now I've got it in my head! Not Pompous Circumstance, I've never heard that, but Pomp and Circumstance. I was in the school orchestra playing violin. We had to play it seemingly endlessly for graduation ceremonies. Not to mention all the practices. Still love the violin at least. AUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!!! :o
When I hear P&C, I think of an old stop-motion animation of food marching out of a fridge.
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

kingklash wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote: Oh lord! I really came to hate that tune. Now I've got it in my head! Not Pompous Circumstance, I've never heard that, but Pomp and Circumstance. I was in the school orchestra playing violin. We had to play it seemingly endlessly for graduation ceremonies. Not to mention all the practices. Still love the violin at least. AUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH! GET IT OUT! GET IT OUT!!! :o
When I hear P&C, I think of an old stop-motion animation of food marching out of a fridge.
OK. Now overdub P&C with the William Tell, at roughly twice the beat speed. A stately, even stodgy march paired with the frenetic beat of galloping horses...