Sign Of Weakness 2012-09-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Mark N

Sign Of Weakness 2012-09-05

Post by Mark N »

Now we see Nudges main weapon. She is gunning for what Shelly and Monica are feeling now.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Re: Sign Of Weakness 2012-09-05

Post by Fairportfan »

We are moving much faster now.

We have Incentive.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Am I the only one hearing the Benny Hill music?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Now, I have always been fond of Nudge, it's not hard to like someone with her personality. At least watching as she tricks others. But since she started on her outing of Bia, her concern for Shelly and now trying to crack open Phix. I think I'm falling in love...

Go girl!

(literally, stopping would be such a bad idea right now...)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

"I don't have to out run the bear, I just have to out run you," doesn't work when it's just you and the bear.

otpu
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

shadowinthelight wrote:Am I the only one hearing the Benny Hill music?
I'm hearing more of a Shelby Cobra 427 fine tuned for extra torque...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

That last frame shows nudge is really upset about the point she is making. It's a very telling point as well. Now she just have to hope she remembers to library layout well enough not to end up in a blind alley. It also looks like she's running faster. Maybe she's said what she needs to say and is now trying to evade adn escape.

Rah, Rah, Ree,
Flee nudge, flee
Rah, Rah, Ras,
Phix eats your ass.

No cheerleaders in the hall as they might get eaten.

Makes you wonder would a cheerleader be a happy meal?

<deposit a pom-pom in the jar>
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:Now we see Nudges main weapon. She is gunning for what Shelly and Monica are feeling now.
I'm getting the mental image of a huge, robotic steampunk Phix, covered with row after row after row of buttons... and Nudge is dashing alongside, pushing each and every single button along the way. Alarm lights flashing, sirens wailing...

Every emotional consequence and price of the way Phix has been living her life, and running her relationships with mortals, is being thrown up in her face (with extra acid added for good measure). No wonder she's angry... as in "rip everything apart" angry. It's a good thing the Library is self-repairing... any less durable environment might end up as a seething crater of lava in the face of that sort of anger.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

That would be "Yakity Sax" by Boots Randolph, and I have that on my MP3 player.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Fairportfan wrote:We are moving much faster now.

We have Incentive.
I believe Phix has even taken to wing.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
I'm not sure just what the right theme music for this one would be. The Benny Hill theme seems just a trifle too frivolous - Hill wasn't normally at risk for being turned into kitty yummies when he was being filmed.

There are a few songs are in the right direction but they don't really capture the spirit of it, at least not by themselves.

Some possibilities suggested by how hard Nudge is running: Del Shannon "Runaway", ACDC "Highway To Hell", or even Miklós Rózsa's "Hellbound Concerto" (although theramini things about the latter which don't fit).

We're about ten days too late, alas, to use "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", but Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" is certainly in the running, and Phix's unsuccessful use of her Thagomizer suggests "Whip It".

Somehow, I doubt that Nudge would agree to "Stop, In The Name Of Love".

Any other suggestions?
Bathorys Daughter

zachariah wrote:That last frame shows nudge is really upset about the point she is making. It's a very telling point as well. Now she just have to hope she remembers to library layout well enough not to end up in a blind alley. It also looks like she's running faster. Maybe she's said what she needs to say and is now trying to evade and escape.

Rah, Rah, Ree,
Flee nudge, flee
Rah, Rah, Ras,
Phix eats your ass.

A line of cheerleaders in the hall could end suffering the same fate as the dots in Pacman. That comes to mind because I have a picture of that very sort of thing, but it's a bit too disturbing to post here. Although, considering the Apo-head explosion and Apo-tartare feast, maybe not.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:
That would be "Yakity Sax" by Boots Randolph, and I have that on my MP3 player.
Try this one.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:
I'm not sure just what the right theme music for this one would be. The Benny Hill theme seems just a trifle too frivolous - Hill wasn't normally at risk for being turned into kitty yummies when he was being filmed.

There are a few songs are in the right direction but they don't really capture the spirit of it, at least not by themselves.

Some possibilities suggested by how hard Nudge is running: Del Shannon "Runaway", ACDC "Highway To Hell", or even Miklós Rózsa's "Hellbound Concerto" (although theramini things about the latter which don't fit).

We're about ten days too late, alas, to use "The Lion Sleeps Tonight", but Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" is certainly in the running, and Phix's unsuccessful use of her Thagomizer suggests "Whip It".

Any other suggestions?
"Born to Run" Bruce Springsteen
"Midnight Rider" Greg Allman
"The Distance" Cake
"The Bitch is Back" Elton John

From Phix
"Nugget" Cake ;)

And let's hope not -
"Trapped" Bruce Springsteen
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

Dave wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:

Any other suggestions?
I'm picturing this whole scene playing out with an instrumental version of Mettalica Ride the Lightning playing in the background.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Bathorys Daughter

Maybe the background music to this starting right about here
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yarner

Post by Yarner »

Okay, either Nudge can get in the coup de grace to stop Phix's claws by friday, or the library will protect or regenerate her - this could get really messy if she tripped.

(I really hope she can keep the width of those horns in mind when passing doorways...)

Just another obvious BGM: the William Tell overture (also much used by Benny Hill)

Or to go for the "Matrix-y" feel, we could use Hysteria from Muse

Or "Sacred Trickster" by Sonic Youth (just for the title and the riff)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:Any other suggestions?
This.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Am I the only one hearing the Benny Hill music?

I'm picturing this whole scene playing out with an instrumental version of Mettalica Ride the Lightning playing in the background.
Nope. Ride of the Valkyries to give it that Wagnerian feeling. After all the winged steed of death is already there.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
zachariah wrote:That last frame shows nudge is really upset about the point she is making. It's a very telling point as well. Now she just have to hope she remembers to library layout well enough not to end up in a blind alley. It also looks like she's running faster. Maybe she's said what she needs to say and is now trying to evade and escape.

Rah, Rah, Ree,
Flee nudge, flee
Rah, Rah, Ras,
Phix eats your ass.

A line of cheerleaders in the hall could end suffering the same fate as the dots in Pacman. That comes to mind because I have a picture of that very sort of thing, but it's a bit too disturbing to post here. Although, considering the Apo-head explosion and Apo-tartare feast, maybe not.
At least it would be a low calorie diet.