Best Sleepover Ever 2015-12-18

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Best Sleepover Ever 2015-12-18

Post by Julie »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder if we could end up with a pair of Whatsits this way, since she can be split and still function? That could get awkward, as little mini-Castelas sprout up around Minneapolis wherever a little bit of her got knocked loose and found a good place to take root. Atsali would really have to watch for suspicious loops of rope underfoot then, and perhaps increase her cookie storage.
If she split herself, would her powers be halved? Or would each duplicate whatsit have the same power level as Castela originally had? :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Julie wrote:If she split herself, would her powers be halved? Or would each duplicate whatsit have the same power level as Castela originally had? :)
As much to the point: would her stammer go away? Would it be doubled? Would it stay the same? Would it force the two hemi-Castelas to speak in perfect chorus, or call-and-response, or antiphony, or ???

I have to suspect that the task of dividing a sentient Blackthorn into two independent and fully functional individuals would be so incredibly complex a job that it would require de-vine intervention. Considering the company she keeps, that's not entirely out of the question, of course.

(Places a one pound box of Miracle-Gro into the Pun Jar)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Julie wrote:If she split herself, would her powers be halved? Or would each duplicate whatsit have the same power level as Castela originally had? :)
As much to the point: would her stammer go away? Would it be doubled? Would it stay the same? Would it force the two hemi-Castelas to speak in perfect chorus, or call-and-response, or antiphony, or ???

I have to suspect that the task of dividing a sentient Blackthorn into two independent and fully functional individuals would be so incredibly complex a job that it would require de-vine intervention. Considering the company she keeps, that's not entirely out of the question, of course.

If you 'de-vine' her, does that leaf only the trunk and roots?

Throws in two buckets of ammonium nitrate... without the fuel oil...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Throws in two buckets of ammonium nitrate... without the fuel oil...
That much nitrogen might overstimulate Castela. You'd get an earth-shattering kabloom. :mrgreen:
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:

If you 'de-vine' her, does that leaf only the trunk and roots?

Throws in two buckets of ammonium nitrate... without the fuel oil...
My fear is to divide her would be a thorny issue. We can not be sure what will stem from it, but it seems likely we would be stuck with it.

tosses in a couple of nice large clay pots just in case.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Lets hope that the lil' weed stays on the light side.
I can see something like this in a fertile valley tucked away from prying eyes...
sw_army.jpg
sw_army.jpg (50.89 KiB) Viewed 9718 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Throws in two buckets of ammonium nitrate... without the fuel oil...
That much nitrogen might overstimulate Castela. You'd get an earth-shattering kabloom. :mrgreen:
Or would it be an ear-shattering kabloom?

/deposits ten pounds of bone meal/

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Tumbleweed is a hybrid, there might be luminous DNA in there somewhere...

Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Sgt. Howard wrote:If you 'de-vine' her, does that leaf only the trunk and roots?
Shoot, that sounds like a rather radical step to take. Though given her generally cheery outlook, the fruits of your labours at least might be a very merry stem.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TazManiac wrote:Tumbleweed is a hybrid, there might be luminous DNA in there somewhere...

what is this picture? it's small enough that trying to zoom in fuzzes the details, enough that i can't make out...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

scantrontb wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Tumbleweed is a hybrid, there might be luminous DNA in there somewhere...

what is this picture? it's small enough that trying to zoom in fuzzes the details, enough that i can't make out...
I may be wrong, but I'm guessing the movie Tron that came out just a few years ago.
ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

lake_wrangler wrote:
scantrontb wrote:

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing the movie Tron that came out just a few years ago.
Tron Legacy
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

ChattaStarhawk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:
scantrontb wrote:
Tron Legacy
That's what I meant. Thank you for looking up (or already knowing) the actual title...
Julie

Post by Julie »

Jabberwonky wrote:Lets hope that the lil' weed stays on the light side.
I can see something like this in a fertile valley tucked away from prying eyes...
EDITED-Clone Army
That is pretty much the first place my brain went when I started pondering the implications of her keeping the same power level after splitting. :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

lake_wrangler wrote:
ChattaStarhawk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:I may be wrong, but I'm guessing the movie Tron that came out just a few years ago.
Tron Legacy
That's what I meant. Thank you for looking up (or already knowing) the actual title...
"AH!... I See!" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw... ok, now that it's been pointed out i remember the scene in the movie... as an aside, i know they didn't show it in the movie due to the costuming, but the question i have is: Does she have a belly button?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

Julie wrote:
EDITED-Clone Army
That is pretty much the first place my brain went when I started pondering the implications of her keeping the same power level after splitting. :shock:
the li'l weed has her 'intelligence' distributed evenly along her L O N G vine.. so if she is split, the average will be the same...
illiad

Post by illiad »

scantrontb wrote: "AH!... I See!" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw... ok, now that it's been pointed out i remember the scene in the movie... as an aside, i know they didn't show it in the movie due to the costuming, but the question i have is: Does she have a belly button?
I think the 'get-out' is that all the 'characters' in tron were 'scanned' from *real* humans, so yes, every nuance and imperfection will be present.... :P :)

Note it is those 'imperfections' that make people recognisable from anyone else.... 8-)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

illiad wrote:
scantrontb wrote: "AH!... I See!" said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw... ok, now that it's been pointed out i remember the scene in the movie... as an aside, i know they didn't show it in the movie due to the costuming, but the question i have is: Does she have a belly button?
I think the 'get-out' is that all the 'characters' in tron were 'scanned' from *real* humans, so yes, every nuance and imperfection will be present.... :P :)

Note it is those 'imperfections' that make people recognisable from anyone else.... 8-)
Just as it is the imperfections in a natural sapphire that make it worth more than a flawless Linde synthetic stone.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

illiad wrote:
Julie wrote:
EDITED-Clone Army
the li'l weed has her 'intelligence' distributed evenly along her L O N G vine.. so if she is split, the average will be the same...
I wasn't thinking of boosting or reducing her attributes. Just that it'd be really easy to clone an army of Blackthornes. Break off twig, insert into fertile ground, take a step, repeat actions...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

EDITED-Clone Army
Julie wrote:That is pretty much the first place my brain went when I started pondering the implications of her keeping the same power level after splitting. :shock:
illiad wrote:the li'l weed has her 'intelligence' distributed evenly along her L O N G vine.. so if she is split, the average will be the same...
Jabberwonky wrote:I wasn't thinking of boosting or reducing her attributes. Just that it'd be really easy to clone an army of Blackthornes. Break off twig, insert into fertile ground, take a step, repeat actions...
Given the chaos that one can create, do we really want an army of lil' stinkweeds?

. . .

Might make a useful extortion threat, though.

--FreeFlier