Not Neurotic 2015-12-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Re: Not Neurotic 2015-12-16

Post by Julie »

GlytchMeister wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:I'm hoping Atsali pauses long enough for Nadette to say something...
:P
Nadette might be a quiet sort of person. I often went through a whole lunch period in high school without saying more than five words. Sometimes, I only had five words to say... Sometimes none.
*shrug*
When I have lunch with my coworkers, it's still pretty much the same thing. I prefer to listen.
I'd want her to be able to squeeze a word in to gently suggest that checklists and lists where you cross things off are pretty much the same thing...but I'm not one to let someone get away with that level of blindspot or denial...whichever it may be in this instance. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Julie wrote:I'd want her to be able to squeeze a word in to gently suggest that checklists and lists where you cross things off are pretty much the same thing...but I'm not one to let someone get away with that level of blindspot or denial...whichever it may be in this instance. :P
Seeing as how she seems to have a fairly Bohemian lifestyle, perhaps it was more of a Czechlist?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
Julie wrote:I'd want her to be able to squeeze a word in to gently suggest that checklists and lists where you cross things off are pretty much the same thing...but I'm not one to let someone get away with that level of blindspot or denial...whichever it may be in this instance. :P
Seeing as how she seems to have a fairly Bohemian lifestyle, perhaps it was more of a Czechlist?
Right - that's the eastern European version.

The western European version is the list that you "cross off" - since that's where most of the Crusaders came from, back in the day.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
AmriloJim wrote:Nadette's face in the last panel screams, "Dork!"
More like "Isn't she adorkable?"
Yeah, I thought of that line (or similar) after I posted.
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

DilyV wrote:I'm hearing the old song from Casablanca... "You must remember this... A kiss is just a kiss..."

But then, sometimes a kiss is blessed silence...

Play THAT again Nadette... hehehe

EDIT: The Casablanca reference is one of the most iconic movie scenes and contains one of the most misquoted movie lines... Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam." What he said was "You know what I want to hear... you played it for her, you can play it for me."

Clip here:
I found out a day late that a local theater had screened Casablanca on the film's 70th anniversary.

I was not amused. Pissed even.

It would have been so awesome to see it on the big screen.

Maybe for 75th same will happen...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

I don't recall it being canon that Katherine knew about Nadette and Atsali . . . :?

However, Lily definitely knew, and I honestly don't see her not telling Katherine.

I was going to say that at least they didn't have to worry about Atsali getting pregnant, but Nadette is a shapeshifter . . .

My read on Atsali's character is that if she promised Katherine no hijinks, she'd try her darndest . . . I'm not too sure about Nadette's word in that case, and there is always the risk of good intentions being forgotten in the heat of the moment.

--FreeFlier
Julie

Post by Julie »

Hansontoons wrote:
DilyV wrote:I'm hearing the old song from Casablanca... "You must remember this... A kiss is just a kiss..."

But then, sometimes a kiss is blessed silence...

Play THAT again Nadette... hehehe

EDIT: The Casablanca reference is one of the most iconic movie scenes and contains one of the most misquoted movie lines... Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam." What he said was "You know what I want to hear... you played it for her, you can play it for me."

Clip here:
I found out a day late that a local theater had screened Casablanca on the film's 70th anniversary.

I was not amused. Pissed even.

It would have been so awesome to see it on the big screen.

Maybe for 75th same will happen...
I'd have been pissed, too. :evil:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."