Not Neurotic 2015-12-16

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
shadowinthelight

Not Neurotic 2015-12-16

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-neurotic/

No check marks, just strikethroughs. :roll:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Re: Not Neurotic 2015-12-16

Post by Jabberwonky »

I'm hoping Atsali pauses long enough for Nadette to say something...
:P
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

As frustrating as it may seem to Nadette, at times, I find Atsali's naivete, cluelessness and simplicity mostly endearing. No hidden agenda, no mind games. Just plain honesty and straightforward dealings.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I find it very surprising that Kath would allow them to sleep over just the two of them.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:I find it very surprising that Kath would allow them to sleep over just the two of them.
I figure Katherine has a pretty good handle on how clueless one of them is, and how unlikely the other is to get through to her in a single night...

Is Nadette wearing clothes again?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Nadette's neurotic nerd's nearby, noshing neatly!
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Nadette's face in the last panel screams, "Dork!"
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Jabberwonky wrote:I'm hoping Atsali pauses long enough for Nadette to say something...
Nadette might be a quiet sort of person. I often went through a whole lunch period in high school without saying more than five words. Sometimes, I only had five words to say... Sometimes none.
*shrug*
When I have lunch with my coworkers, it's still pretty much the same thing. I prefer to listen.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Luke Green

Post by Luke Green »

Atsali is adorable. Full stop.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Atsali's monologue just screams "I am so comfortable with you", without actually saying anything at all.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

AmriloJim wrote:Nadette's face in the last panel screams, "Dork!"
More like "Isn't she adorkable?"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'm hearing the old song from Casablanca... "You must remember this... A kiss is just a kiss..."

But then, sometimes a kiss is blessed silence...

Play THAT again Nadette... hehehe

EDIT: The Casablanca reference is one of the most iconic movie scenes and contains one of the most misquoted movie lines... Humphrey Bogart never said "Play it again, Sam." What he said was "You know what I want to hear... you played it for her, you can play it for me."

Clip here:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

It's my guess is that Atsali was never informed that denial is not a river in Egypt.

Still, though, it kinda makes me want to give her a big hug.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:I'm hoping Atsali pauses long enough for Nadette to say something...
Nadette has generally appeared to be quite content leaving the speaking to others.
oldmanmickey wrote:I find it very surprising that Kath would allow them to sleep over just the two of them.
Is it just the two of them, though? (And if it is, then that means Katherine and Castela are having their own sleepover/sleepovers somewhere else. More hijinks!) Is there some standard protocol on that sort of thing in the US?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:
Nadette has generally appeared to be quite content leaving the speaking to others.
Is it just the two of them, though? (And if it is, then that means Katherine and Castela are having their own sleepover/sleepovers somewhere else. More hijinks!) Is there some standard protocol on that sort of thing in the US?
As was the general norm at my house, if I had a friend overnight, my brother was allowed to have one too. Which is why I expect to see Pickle and a friend giggle from a hiding spot if things get...interesting.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
illiad

Post by illiad »

I think that is why the 'blanket fort' :D 'invaders' will find it difficult to enter!!! :lol:
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Alkarii wrote:It's my guess is that Atsali was never informed that denial is not a river in Egypt.

Still, though, it kinda makes me want to give her a big hug.
You know... I have to wonder... is it Neurosis, or is that now that Atsali is fully aware of Nadette's intent is she letting nervous energy make her blabber away as a defense mechanism? Maybe she's not as comfortable with the feelings she's experiencing and feels as long as she talks, she can forestall the inevitable. She likes Nadette, but does she truly feel the same about Nadette as she feels about Atsali?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
It's canon, back to when Nadette was first introduced, that she doesn't talk much. As a Seer, she's prone to let loose with all sorts of embarrassing insights and secrets. So, she's apparently developed a habit of speaking cautiously, if at all.

Atsali's lack of social filters in what she says, may be another incentive for Nadette to be laconic. She can't really predict how Atsali will react to whatever she does say (her Seer-ism doesn't work well on Atsali because they're emotionally involved).
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Jabberwonky wrote: As was the general norm at my house, if I had a friend overnight, my brother was allowed to have one too. Which is why I expect to see Pickle and a friend giggle from a hiding spot if things get...interesting.
Well in my humble home i had 3 sisters and no brothers. They were allowed to have one guest each for sleepovers. Daddy said in no uncertain terms that i was not allowed to have guests that night due to there being no way in hell he was having more than one teenage boy loose around all them teenage girls. Kept mumbling something about fertile as Aunt Murtels turtle and playing doctor.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
as363

Post by as363 »

Hope we arn't going to wait til Monday before how involved it will get. It has happen before. Oh Well.