Whipped Cream 2015-12-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Whipped Cream 2015-12-15

Post by DilyV »

Jabberwonky wrote:I have only two words to say: Herb Alpert.

That is all.
OMG YES!!! My father had that album!!!! I used to want to be just like her... hehe then, when I grew up, I found out just how much fun whipped cream could be...

For those of you not in the know, he's referring to an old album by Herb Alpert called "Whipped Cream and Other Delights". Google the album cover and you'll get the reference.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:

That is all.
OMG YES!!! My father had that album!!!! I used to want to be just like her... hehe then, when I grew up, I found out just how much fun whipped cream could be...

For those of you not in the know, he's referring to an old album by Herb Alpert called "Whipped Cream and Other Delights". Google the album cover and you'll get the reference.
My father was a big fan of Herb and the Tijuana Brass, a bit odd because his musical taste was almost exclusive to C&W. When I was overseas I had a best of album on my iPoot and got more requests to play them than any other band or individual as music in the laundries.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DilyV wrote:

That is all.

I have that in my collection
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

eee wrote:I am not sure if it is the sexual subtext of what Atsali just did that dropped Nad'; or if she's never seen anyone do that before and watching her love spray half a can of whipped cream down her throat and swallow, stunned her.

Or both.
By the look on Atsali's face, she doesn't know either.

As for me, I could understand someone going "EEEWWwwww--gross" or "How Rude" or even "Oh baby, bring some of that over here!". Swoon thunk, I just don't get. Hopefully an explanation will follow tomorrow (or at least a clue, if you have to explain a joke it just isn't funny)
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

meisdadoo wrote:
eee wrote:I am not sure if it is the sexual subtext of what Atsali just did that dropped Nad'; or if she's never seen anyone do that before and watching her love spray half a can of whipped cream down her throat and swallow, stunned her.

Or both.
By the look on Atsali's face, she doesn't know either.

As for me, I could understand someone going "EEEWWwwww--gross" or "How Rude" or even "Oh baby, bring some of that over here!". Swoon thunk, I just don't get. Hopefully an explanation will follow tomorrow (or at least a clue, if you have to explain a joke it just isn't funny)
Nadette's hormones are apparently supercharged and fully carbonated.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:Canned whipped cream... Or whipped cream of any kind, really, is not long for this world when it enteres my realm.

Chocolate whipped cream is even shorter-lived around me.

Crap, now I'm craving chocolate pie with an Oreo-crumb crust, dark chocolate shavings, and chocolate whipped cream... SO HUNGRY...
Devyn just called. Meet her at Cheesecake Factory in Edina in 20 minutes...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
DilyV wrote:

That is all.

I have that in my collection
Oh yes love that album and wore out 3 tapes of it when i was in service.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Julie wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:
Julie wrote:Honestly, I don't really understand why this is swoon-worthy for Nadette. :? I mean, I get that it can be interpreted in a more sexy manner, but I don't know a single woman (or man for that matter) who hasn't sprayed whipped cream from a can directly into her mouth like that. It's so commonplace that it doesn't even register as sexual for me.
In truth, a woman is less likely to give a sexual connotation to that- most guys' minds go directly into the gutter when a shapely woman puts ANYTHING in her mouth, especially anything white and foamy.

At a Civil War event, many moons ago, I noticed a group of fellow re-enactors crowded around the shade of a walnut tree- parked at a crude bench were three curvy girls churning butter. They all wore low cut peasant tops, and you could tell that they had spent many hours practicing in front of a mirror to get the effect they were looking for... all the right things were in motion. The one in the middle had a trick where she would slam the churn just right and a spurt of the cream would shoot out of the handle hole and land in her cleavage... whereupon she would stop, put the fingertips of one hand to her mouth and giggle.
There were around twenty or more guys, completely catatonic, surrounding this spectacle... with the occasional wayward spouse being dragged off by she-who-must-be-obeyed by the ear.

There is no equivalent that will work on a woman
Oh I totally understand why it might trigger some kind of blood-loss to the brain for a guy. :) Many have an...intense...fascination with women putting things in their mouths. It's Nadette's reaction that seemed a bit like overkill to me. :P
Sarge i would have loved to been there. In my case the other half understands me and told me from the get go that i could browse their menus all i wanted as long as i didn't try to order take out or try to use a menu in braille.

Now Miss Jullie it is my theory that as a shape changer Nadette could be either male or female as the situation called for thus giving her access to both viewpoints and both sets of fantasies. As well as for people like me whos mind is not in the gutter but is the gutter can see several uses for Atsali's prehensile tail.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Or both.
meisdadoo wrote:By the look on Atsali's face, she doesn't know either.
Well, no . . . this is one of those social cues that Atsali just doesn't get.
meisdadoo wrote:As for me, I could understand someone going "EEEWWwwww--gross" or "How Rude" or even "Oh baby, bring some of that over here!". Swoon thunk, I just don't get. Hopefully an explanation will follow tomorrow (or at least a clue, if you have to explain a joke it just isn't funny)
Dave wrote:
Julie wrote:[Oh I totally understand why it might trigger some kind of blood-loss to the brain for a guy. :) Many have an...intense...fascination with women putting things in their mouths. It's Nadette's reaction that seemed a bit like overkill to me. :P
It's a purely physiological reaction, unique to ursamorphs.

All of her blood rushed to her ears.
:lol:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Nadette's hormones are apparently supercharged and fully carbonated.
Well, I've long thought that Nadette was psychologically male in many respects . . . and that reaction support that.

I'd say that Nadette had brainwarped, but that usually results in a near-catatonic trance, not collapse.
oldmanmickey wrote: . . . Now Miss Jullie it is my theory that as a shape changer Nadette could be either male or female as the situation called for thus giving her access to both viewpoints and both sets of fantasies. . . .
It wouldn't even take a full change to male . . . there are a number of partial shapeshifts that would be close enough.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Nadette thinks of most of them in time . . . if she hasn't already.
oldmanmickey wrote: . . . As well as for people like me whos mind is not in the gutter but is the gutter can see several uses for Atsali's prehensile tail.
There was an old scifi story involving a panther girl who was prone to stroking her lovers with her tail tip . . .

I had a dream recently about someone rescuing Atsali from a sadistic sexual predator, and that inspired some thoughts about what would drive that, and how Atsali and Nadette (and others) would react . . . I probably ought to write that out.

--FreeFlier
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

She may be thinking about how exciting it would be if Atsali had a mouthful of whipped cream she had just licked off her body.

The little morphing bear would be the ultimate sex partner for either gender, or any species. If she can keep the blood going to her brain (whatever or wherever that actually is). BTW, women have a rush of blood to their genitals when sexually excited, just not as much.

And anyone who thinks there is no female equivalent to the churning butter thing, there is. Like sweat dripping down onto a well chiseled chest and slowly running down. Especially if the guy is not trying to be sexy. Totally unaware of his effect. And if he is really good looking, funny and charming, you will have to drag the women away. It's easy for women. They just need jiggly boobs and don't mind showing some area of them. They can even be fat (Okay, curvy) It's much harder for a man to be all the things women want so you don't see the reverse often.

Of course the shortcut to all that is if he is rich and/or famous. :D Good looking and charming as well, maybe taking an interest in what each woman says, and you will have to beat the women with a bat to get them to leave. Being the alpha male of the group can work as well. Women also tend to like being around powerful and self confident men.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Nadette's hormones are apparently supercharged and fully carbonated.
Well, it's not carbonation that supercharges the whipped cream. :twisted:

I'm surprised at you. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Typeminer wrote:

Ha! I laugh at your comment!

I spoke not of the funny cream.

I spoke of the juices that affect the lady parts of our favourite bear.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Typeminer wrote:

Ha! I laugh at your comment!

I spoke not of the funny cream.

I spoke of the juices that affect the lady parts of our favourite bear.
Nitrous Oxide... NO2... Laughing Gas...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Anyone who has heard the sound of canned whipped topping being dispensed into someone's mouth, actually heard that sound in their heads as they read the strip.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Typeminer wrote:
Effervescent is the word that comes to mind . . .

--FreeFlier
Julie

Post by Julie »

oldmanmickey wrote:Now Miss Jullie it is my theory that as a shape changer Nadette could be either male or female as the situation called for thus giving her access to both viewpoints and both sets of fantasies. As well as for people like me whos mind is not in the gutter but is the gutter can see several uses for Atsali's prehensile tail.
That's the best explanation I've heard so far. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

kingklash wrote:Anyone who has heard the sound of canned whipped topping being dispensed into someone's mouth, actually heard that sound in their heads as they read the strip.
I know I sure did. My brother's frequently done that, claiming it gets you high, but I've never managed it.

However, it's still fun, and I have a can of it in the fridge right now.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: . . . I spoke of the juices that affect the lady parts of our favourite bear.
Her blood all ran to the lower end of her spine, so she fainted . . . Doubtless hoping the adorkable blonde will try mouth-to-mouth.

. . .

Or did she really faint . . . hmmm . . .

--FreeFlier
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Julie wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Now Miss Jullie it is my theory that as a shape changer Nadette could be either male or female as the situation called for thus giving her access to both viewpoints and both sets of fantasies. As well as for people like me whos mind is not in the gutter but is the gutter can see several uses for Atsali's prehensile tail.
That's the best explanation I've heard so far. :)
while her genetic code allows for the malleable shapes that we've seen the twins exhibit so far onscreen (balloon animal, etc...), unless she can change her GENETICS... then i'm going to bet that even though she can LOOK Male, she will STILL be GENETICALLY FEmale... and impossible to get Atsali pregnant... so that's why Katherine isn't worried about Nadette n' Atsali getting Freaky in the Fort...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Dave

Post by Dave »

scantrontb wrote:while her genetic code allows for the malleable shapes that we've seen the twins exhibit so far onscreen (balloon animal, etc...), unless she can change her GENETICS... then i'm going to bet that even though she can LOOK Male, she will STILL be GENETICALLY FEmale... and impossible to get Atsali pregnant... so that's why Katherine isn't worried about Nadette n' Atsali getting Freaky in the Fort...
You're assuming that "genetically male" and "genetically female" are clearly defined for ursamorphs. We don't know if that is true.

There are plenty of (non-paranormal) species for which gender is much less firmly fixed in the genes. Some fish switch from male to female or vice versa (quite functional in both roles) as they age. Some reptiles can develop either way, depending on the environmental conditions around them at an early stage in their lives. Many species are hermaphroditic.

So, Nadette's and Atsali may not be "safe" in that regard.

On the other hand, one would normally sirens and ursamorphs to be sufficiently different species that they wouldn't be interfertile at all, so no worries.

On the gripping hand, Paul has already shown us that sirens and incubi are interfertile, so species boundaries in the Wapsiverse apparently aren't absolute either.