Pond Scum 2012-09-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Just Old Al

Re: Pond Scum 2012-09-04

Post by Just Old Al »

Watching this, it is obvious that Nudge knows all too well what she is dealing with in enraging Phix. There is a deliiberate method to her madness - and it will all hopefully turn out for the best.

My biggest concern here is that Phix is not going to tire anytime soon - but can Nudge say the same?

As the old saying goes - when you wrestle a bear you do not stop when you are tired - but when the bear is.

Al
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
PlutoniumBoss

Post by PlutoniumBoss »

Holy schnitzel. I get the game Nudge is playing, but even given her protections as a Librarian, it is seriously a dangerous one.
MrFireDragon

Post by MrFireDragon »

crazy Ninja moves by Nudge.... Intelligence, brute force and distilled anger vs cunning, agility and wisdom..... who will win this match and how will it end? anyone thing it will be another cliffhanger Friday this week?
"Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Moving Forward." MrFireDragon
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Fairportfan wrote:How did Nudge get enough slack to stick the bight of it into Phix's mouth for the bite if the Thagomizer™ was lodged in the wall?
* sigh *

I guess i'd better out myself if i want anyone to appreciate my brilliance.

"Bight"

A bight of rope:

{pays a hank of thread-of-gold to the Pun Jar, hand over hand...}
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Fairportfan wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:How did Nudge get enough slack to stick the bight of it into Phix's mouth for the bite if the Thagomizer™ was lodged in the wall?
* sigh *

"Bight"
+1 Clever
-1 Esoteric

Applause anyway!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fairportfan wrote:
* sigh *

"Bight"
Well, the answer to your question should be obvious - the situation could not possibly have worked out in any other fashion.

When Nudge shoved Phix's tail into Phix's mouth, the tail was immediately chewed and partially swallowed. Phix ate bits of her own tail... and as any computer nerd could tell you, ate bits makes a bight.

(drops two old-fashioned core memory planes with gold-plated contacts into the Pun Jar. Jar replies "Thanks for the memories")
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

oh nudge now you done it....

the bite didn't wake her from predator self you are so going to be Nudge-fudged, if she gets hold of you horns...

run nudge or you will be fudge

and yea nudge needs something wacky right about now like certain portable hole with a safe dropping as she escapes thru said hole that bonks phix out of commission
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Fairportfan wrote:
* sigh *

"Bight"

A bight of rope:

Okay, I got it, but the resulting seizures kept me from commenting on it... ;)
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
* sigh *

"Bight"
Well, the answer to your question should be obvious - the situation could not possibly have worked out in any other fashion.

When Nudge shoved Phix's tail into Phix's mouth, the tail was immediately chewed and partially swallowed. Phix ate bits of her own tail... and as any computer nerd could tell you, ate bits makes a bight.

(drops two old-fashioned core memory planes with gold-plated contacts into the Pun Jar. Jar replies "Thanks for the memories")
Ow. OW. OW! :o
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
The Old Wolf

Post by The Old Wolf »

The puns, oh the puns.

Superb artwork on today's offering, Paul!
“Make the world work, for 100% of humanity, in the shortest possible time, through spontaneous cooperation, without ecological offense or the disadvantage of anyone.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
---------------
Playing in the World Game
Leak

Post by Leak »

shadowinthelight wrote:One of those portable holes would probably be a good thing to carry.
I'm afraid those have been deprecated in favour of Portals... :D
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Fairportfan wrote:
scantrontb wrote:i wonder if Phix is slowing down, or if Nudge is outrunning her? in panel 3 she looks further away from Nudge than she did in the first two panels. maybe her rage is burning out and she will snap out of it soon?
She had to get her tail loose from the wall. Slowed her down.
Besides, it's much more fun and satisfying if you have to chase the prey a while before you bring her down. Phix's previous experience left much to be desired in that regard.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

* Ahem*

A definition

{claims Pun Jar immunity}
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
* sigh *

"Bight"

A bight of rope:

The solution is knot as good as it looks. To make a bight requires enough slack to allow it to be bent and it was straight in nudges hands when she pushed it into Phix's mouth. Good try though. We were all coiled in suspense about the question. The real solution as I'm sure nudge will say, 'It's all in the de-tails'.

Drop a hank of bone, and eye of newt, and a spare pigs knuckle in the pun jar. Hear's a strange bubbling sound from the jar and decide the better part of valor is required and I run away. Does anyone know what happened to the holy handgernade?
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
* sigh *

"Bight"

A bight of rope:

zachariah wrote:The solution is knot as good as it looks. To make a bight requires enough slack to allow it to be bent and it was straight in nudges hands when she pushed it into Phix's mouth.
So Nudge forced Phix to swallow the truth that she's being a slacker.

Just got my statement for August from PunPal. Apparently they make most of their money from their own name.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

This is a teeny bit off-topic, but does anyone have the reference for when Phix said she cannot be harmed in the Library? I've looked through the archives and can't find it. Thanks!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

davids4250 wrote:This is a teeny bit off-topic, but does anyone have the reference for when Phix said she cannot be harmed in the Library? I've looked through the archives and can't find it. Thanks!
Here it is: http://wapsisquare.com/comic/turntodust/
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Otpu

Post by Otpu »

Note the crosshatching on Phix's tail about one arm's (Phix's) length from the spiky end.

It's visible in all three panels, dark on light in panels one and two, light on dark in panel 3.

Evidently Phix did bite her own tail, just not quite hard enough to do any serious damage.

I don't know if the Library is preventing lasting damage to its librarians, even if the damage is self inflicted, or if Nudge just got Phix's tail into her jaw in just the right place to be in the gap between the piercing canines and slicing premolars.

Otpu
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

WDOT, Many thanques!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Dave

Post by Dave »

davids4250 wrote:This is a teeny bit off-topic, but does anyone have the reference for when Phix said she cannot be harmed in the Library? I've looked through the archives and can't find it. Thanks!
November 14, 2006 - first panel, last sentence, all seven words :mrgreen: