Pond Scum 2012-09-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Pond Scum 2012-09-04

Post by Cheesy1 »

And if you stop running Nudge, YOU'LL be squished into pond scum yourself!

RUN, FORREST, RUN!!! :P
Jabberwonky

Re: Pond Scum 2012-09-04

Post by Jabberwonky »

*raises both fists into the air*
And my prediction rate continues at 100%!

I thought the bite on the tail would wake her from the predator rage...

And panel three is BEAUTIFUL!
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Well, "Acme" is a Greek corporation; I'm sure Nudge has stocked up on wacky defensive objects over Labor Day.

They don't have Labor Day in Thebes? Wuh-oh.

Looks like Phix has a recipe for stifado...
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Damn, Nudge is going for broke here, using Phix's anger to help pound the lesson home.
It took looking over the first two panels twice to realize Phix was knocking her tail loose from the wall and wasn't areosoling Nudge.
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

That is one pissed-off kitty cat, eagle, human, Librarian Sphinx critter. If Ms, 'Splodey-head thought Phix gave her a bad time, wait until Phix gets hold of Nudge!
C'mon hooves!! GO!!!
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

AAaaand the lesson rages on.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Aww, someone's gonna sleep well tonight after so much exercise. :lol:
Yamara wrote:Well, "Acme" is a Greek corporation; I'm sure Nudge has stocked up on wacky defensive objects over Labor Day.
One of those portable holes would probably be a good thing to carry.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Boxilar wrote:Damn, Nudge is going for broke here, using Phix's anger to help pound the lesson home.
It took looking over the first two panels twice to realize Phix was knocking her tail loose from the wall and wasn't areosoling Nudge.
Actually it was Phix batting away the cloud image of Nudge just after the 'Zip-Tang' sound effect...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Cheesy1 wrote:And if you stop running Nudge, YOU'LL be squished into pond scum yourself!

RUN, FORREST, RUN!!! :P
I doubt she'll be that lucky. She'll end up the scum the pond scum scrapes from it's psudopod. Looks like she just scraped the wall with her nails in frustration while removing her tail spike from it. Either that or she was sharpening her claws at the same time.

The lion is chasing the gazelle and it looks like she is about to take to the air. Time to make a quick sideways leap Nudge.
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Jabberwonky wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Damn, Nudge is going for broke here, using Phix's anger to help pound the lesson home.
Actually it was Phix batting away the cloud image of Nudge just after the 'Zip-Tang' sound effect...
I'm ashamed... I completely missed the "meep! meep!" from Nudge. :(
Arthur, King of the Britons wrote:Run away! Run away!
I can't think of any better advice! Nudge is cutting it a bit close here - and when faced with a furiously angry Phix, "close" means "without an ocean between you"!
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

i wonder if Phix is slowing down, or if Nudge is outrunning her? in panel 3 she looks further away from Nudge than she did in the first two panels. maybe her rage is burning out and she will snap out of it soon?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Casey

Post by Casey »

I don't actually think that Nudge is in that much danger. I believe that, as librarian, she has the same protections in the library as Phix, namely that she cannot be harmed within the library. Of course, if Phix were to land a blow, she would realize that, which would alter the delicate emotional balance necessary for this "therapy session."
TlalocW

Post by TlalocW »

scantrontb wrote:i wonder if Phix is slowing down, or if Nudge is outrunning her? in panel 3 she looks further away from Nudge than she did in the first two panels. maybe her rage is burning out and she will snap out of it soon?
I would think a trickster would need to be fast on her feet.

Anyway, I hope that's the case. I don't know if Nudge knows how to Poit since she had to leave the library to go climb the butte that Shelley was sitting on earlier in this storyline.

TlalocW
Dave

Post by Dave »

I wonder... Nudge is running for her life (or so it appears), but... is she running to escape entirely, or is she running to evade (to keep up the Trickster goading), or is she running to somewhere or someone in particular?

Could she be running to somewhere Shelly is waiting? Shelly could very probably defend her, certainly has some issues to confront Phix about, and the sight of Shelly might be one of the few things which might snap Phix out of her raging desire to grind Nudge down into Library paste.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:I wonder... Edit ... and the sight of Shelly might be one of the few things which might snap Phix out of her raging desire to grind Nudge down into Library paste.
You know, I love Nudge, and would miss her dearly if she were to...depart...the strip. But hey, a library has to have paste, don't it?
Bathorys Daughter

Man, Phix is not only feral but stripped down to a bare animal level. All traces of civilization gone from her person this time.

I think Phix is going to catch up with her (probably Thursday or Friday). Nudge will be pinned down, with Phix about to deliver the coup de grâce. I see probably one of four things happening;
1) Nudge will say something she has been saving which will take the wind out of Phix's sails.
2) Shelly will arrive and stop her.
3) Inflamed though she is, Phix can't bring herself to blast Nudge's head away and only lands a punch nearby.
4) Phix will hesitate for a moment while looking for her bottle of spicy hot Hines Aposauce, giving Nudge the chance to slip away.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Man, Phix is not only feral but stripped down to a bare animal level. All traces of civilization gone from her person this time.

I think Phix is going to catch up with her (probably Thursday or Friday). Nudge will be pinned down, with Phix about to deliver the coup de grâce. I see probably one of four things happening;
1) Nudge will say something she has been saving which will take the wind out of Phix's sails.
2) Shelly will arrive and stop her.
3) Inflamed though she is, Phix can't bring herself to blast Nudge's head away and only lands a punch nearby.
4) Phix will hesitate for a moment while looking for her bottle of spicy hot Hines Aposauce, giving Nudge the chance to slip away.
Ooh! Number 4! Number 4!
We all know how much Nudge loves the Heinz 57 Steak Sauce...
Bathorys Daughter

Jabberwonky wrote:
Dave wrote:I wonder... Edit ... and the sight of Shelly might be one of the few things which might snap Phix out of her raging desire to grind Nudge down into Library paste.
You know, I love Nudge, and would miss her dearly if she were to...depart...the strip. But hey, a library has to have paste, don't it?
Wouldn't Nudge-paste be tricky to apply? Given how swift she is on her feet, I'd say it would be kinda runny. Also, seeing how fanatical Phix is right now, I would think anything it is applied to would often tend to come unglued. Still, with enough patience some broken things just might be mended when applied judiciously.
sonicthunder

Post by sonicthunder »

Brandi & Euryale in the next room: "Aren't libraries supposed to be quiet?"
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Dave wrote:I'm ashamed... I completely missed the "meep! meep!" from Nudge. :(
It may be pronounced "meep meep" but since this comic delivers dialogue in written form it would actually "beep beep". :ugeek:
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!