Just remember 2015 11 29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
FreeFlier

Re: Just remember 2015 11 29

Post by FreeFlier »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:. . . Get your minds out of the gutter and back to the wholesome blood and guts potential here.

. . . wishing I'd sat closer to get a better look at the blood and guts so I could mentally rate it on it's special effects quality. . . .

. . . *struggle sounds and ripping noises followed by blood dripping from the ceiling in some other room* . . .
Appropriate choice of username . . .

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

Bathorys Daughter: well that is not what wapsi is about... as for BBFS though... :D :P
Last edited by illiad on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

FreeFlier wrote:Appropriate choice of username . . .--FreeFlier
You betcha ;)

Fear not though. At 4-10 and about 86 lbs, I am far from an imposing figure. I'm just a fan of horror movies and the special effects that go with them. Not a fan of all horror movies mind you. Some real crap out there. Seems anyone with access to a decent camera fancies themselves a film maker. They are not. And they cannot get a decent performance out of an actor if you held a gun to their pointy little head. There are exceptions among some independents, but not many. I was going to put a couple of links to them here, but I decided against it so as to not upset the sensibilities of some of the more tender readers of this forum.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atsali's situation, and Cricket's untimely disappearance remind me a bit of the quandary of the protagonist in Sheckley's story "Protection" (1956).

Atsali will be quite safe from the unseen danger, as long as she is very, very careful not to lesnerize. :twisted:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:Atsali's situation, and Cricket's untimely disappearance remind me a bit of the quandary of the protagonist in Sheckley's story "Protection" (1956).

Atsali will be quite safe from the unseen danger, as long as she is very, very careful not to lesnerize. :twisted:
Ah. Sheckley. Of course.

Couldn't remember who wrote that, last time i thought about it, but that fits. It's Sheckley's kind of straight-faced craziness.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
You betcha ;)

Fear not though. At 4-10 and about 86 lbs, I am far from an imposing figure. . . .
I don't remember how large the Vikomtessz was . . . or whether anything I've read ever said.

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
You betcha ;)

Fear not though. At 4-10 and about 86 lbs, I am far from an imposing figure. I'm just a fan of horror movies and the special effects that go with them. Not a fan of all horror movies mind you. Some real crap out there. Seems anyone with access to a decent camera fancies themselves a film maker. They are not. And they cannot get a decent performance out of an actor if you held a gun to their pointy little head. There are exceptions among some independents, but not many. I was going to put a couple of links to them here, but I decided against it so as to not upset the sensibilities of some of the more tender readers of this forum.
go ahead a pass out them links. I would be very intrested
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

oldmanmickey wrote:go ahead a pass out them links. I would be very interested
I thought about it and chose some Independent shorts without blood and guts and some with. Chosen mostly for their quality.

Appropriate warnings follow:

Warning the following links go to horror shorts from YouTube. Little or no blood or guts, but horror themes nonetheless. Jump scares.
... Abe - No blood, no guts. Implied, however, with sound effects.
... Unwind - No blood, no guts but sound effects.
... The Faeries of Blackheath Woods - A little blood from scratches.

Warning: Some bloody makeup effects.
... Dollface -Some stabing and blood on body.
... Luna - Some blood on bodies. Torn throat but not fatal. A shooting.

Warning: Full-on blood and a some guts.
... Don't move - Screams and scenes of bloody killings. Bloody body dragging. Face tearing.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:go ahead a pass out them links. I would be very interested
I thought about it and chose some Independent shorts without blood and guts and some with. Chosen mostly for their quality.

Appropriate warnings follow:

Warning the following links go to horror shorts from YouTube. Little or no blood or guts, but horror themes nonetheless. Jump scares.
... Abe - No blood, no guts. Implied, however, with sound effects.
... Unwind - No blood, no guts but sound effects.
... The Faeries of Blackheath Woods - A little blood from scratches.

Warning: Some bloody makeup effects.
... Dollface -Some stabing and blood on body.
... Luna - Some blood on bodies. Torn throat but not fatal. A shooting.

Warning: Full-on blood and a some guts.
... Don't move - Screams and scenes of bloody killings. Bloody body dragging. Face tearing.
Thank you ma'am. Saved for an evening with nothing to watch on tv, which in December is often.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Mere days ago I wondered if the Parateens watched horror movies... And laughed.

(That's not how it works!)
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

jayessell wrote:Mere days ago I wondered if the Parateens watched horror movies... And laughed.

They probably watch and think the things I do...'Why are you guys splitting up?' 'There's only one of him! Gang up on him!' "Has not ONE of you played a survival horror game?'
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jayessell wrote:Mere days ago I wondered if the Parateens watched horror movies... And laughed.

Might depend on the type of horror involved. Something along the lines of the "psychotic human hunts down a herd of cheerleaders" type might still work, but movies about vampires or werewolves or whatever would probably leave them groaning and laughing. Or have aunt Lily unloading a her gun into the screen in disgust.

I wonder if Euryale and Stheno have watched Clash of the Titans?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder if Euryale and Stheno have watched Clash of the Titans?
I wonder if they collect royalties?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:

Might depend on the type of horror involved. Something along the lines of the "psychotic human hunts down a herd of cheerleaders" type might still work, but movies about vampires or werewolves or whatever would probably leave them groaning and laughing. Or have aunt Lily unloading a her gun into the screen in disgust. . . .
Or cheering on the vampire or werewolf . . .

. . .

Of course, I'm human and I've done that on occasion . . . "He's too stupid to live!" "Darwin is a rotter!" "Gene police! You! Outta tha pool!"

--FreeFlier
Julie

Post by Julie »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Julie wrote:Busty girls don't survive horror flicks? Shit...remind me not to get into any horror-film-esque situations. :shock:
You'll be fine. You are only "generously endowed". You still haven't hit the letters of the alphabet worth the most points in Scrabble. :ugeek: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: You may have a point. Even though I've passed a 4 point letter, I never hit anything higher. Well...except in Polish sizes. I'm a high-point letter there apparently. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Julie wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Julie wrote:Busty girls don't survive horror flicks? Shit...remind me not to get into any horror-film-esque situations. :shock:
You'll be fine. You are only "generously endowed". You still haven't hit the letters of the alphabet worth the most points in Scrabble. :ugeek: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: You may have a point. Even though I've passed a 4 point letter, I never hit anything higher. Well...except in Polish sizes. I'm a high-point letter there apparently. :D
Links? Need to see them! :P
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
illiad

Post by illiad »

hmmmm :twisted: just googgled the sizes... looks like that's where you need to go girls!!!! :D :D
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:You'll be fine. You are only "generously endowed". You still haven't hit the letters of the alphabet worth the most points in Scrabble. :ugeek: :twisted:
Links? Need to see them! :P
http://wellfitting.com/pages/bra-size-calculator This is the size calculator page. If you scroll down you can see the conversion chart to see how the cup sizes translate. I own two long-lines bras from this site. :) I used the size calculator to get the right fit, and was put in a cup letter I'd never worn before (because they use a slightly altered lettering system).
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
illiad

Post by illiad »

here's another *international* one! :)
http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php

If you try google, there are plenty like this... 8-) :roll:
https://bosomgalore.com/bra-sizing-explained/
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

illiad wrote:here's another *international* one! :)
http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php

If you try google, there are plenty like this... 8-) :roll:
https://bosomgalore.com/bra-sizing-explained/
I just meant Polish ones. My relatives there are always complaining about how things there are so ordinary...functional...practical. I just wondered how much has changed in the last few years.

They marveled at the pretties from here. I used to do the seasonal blowout sales and buy all sorts of cheap, girly stuffs, pull the tags, stuff them into a card(customs there is...{insert expletives here} difficult to say the least), then ship out a box. Somebody will be able to use them, and it gave them things to barter with for goods or services. I know at least one of my cousins came here, worked hard, brought her mother over, and pretty much never looked back.

Conditions there are not improving fast enough she said. That was at my Grandmothers wake a few years ago.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir