Just remember 2015 11 29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Just remember 2015 11 29

Post by Catawampus »

My only real exposure to the Silent Hill franchise was a rather unimpressive movie that I watched. Going just on that, though, I can see at least one commonality between that and Wapsi Square: both periodically feature a rather noisy siren at critical points.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:Somehow, I don't think Atsali sees much that she'd be afraid of... Remember, she's had the remnants of an insane culture filtered through her mind... I can't imagine anything scarier than that...
I would suggest PE, but 'Sali seems to be a bit of a sport. Especially being on the flight team. So, maybe algebra?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

Or something social, where her inability to "read" expressions and body language and tone of voice would feel threatening. Sort of like a public-speaking anxiety but more so?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:Or something social, where her inability to "read" expressions and body language and tone of voice would feel threatening. Sort of like a public-speaking anxiety but more so?
Debate? Mock Law Club? Journalism?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Somehow I get the feeling that "don't get angry" may have been the last part.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Julie

Post by Julie »

DinkyInky wrote:
Julie wrote:Busty girls don't survive horror flicks? Shit...remind me not to get into any horror-film-esque situations. :shock:
First thing I do is tape them down and restructure my breathing. Then kick the butts of the morons that brought me into that situation...make them cannon fodder. :twisted:
I've never been able to tape mine down worth a damn, but maybe I just need lessons from you on restructuring my breathing to make taping a viable solution. :P
DilyV wrote:Somehow, I don't think Atsali sees much that she'd be afraid of... Remember, she's had the remnants of an insane culture filtered through her mind... I can't imagine anything scarier than that...
That happened before she had a family or a really tight-knit group of friends. Yeah, that was a messed up civilization, but she didn't personally know any of them or their victims. I bet there are images involving loved ones that could break her brain if she hadn't been prepared for the non-reality of this place.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
illiad

Post by illiad »

well, since she cannot read expressions, she just stands there, while it all happens....
" ah! I know this!!! :D Now let me see, ah- that's it, you are trying to frighten me????" {stands there hopefully :P } :lol: :lol: :lol:
Luke Green

Post by Luke Green »

I now have a desire to write this comic in as reference from some psychic in Divine Blood telling a kid "this is why you don't use mindscapes as a private chat room"
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote:My only real exposure to the Silent Hill franchise was a rather unimpressive movie that I watched. Going just on that, though, I can see at least one commonality between that and Wapsi Square: both periodically feature a rather noisy siren at critical points.
Silent Hill AFAIK started as a video game... and of course most movie versions of games are awful...
http://www.gamesradar.com/best-silent-hill-games/
Dr. Otter

Re: Just remember 2015 29 11

Post by Dr. Otter »

Sgt. Howard wrote:If she's the 'cannon fodder', you need a BIG DOUBLE- BARRELED CANNON!
You'll find just what you need in Athens, GA.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

scantrontb wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:
Julie wrote:Busty girls don't survive horror flicks? Shit...remind me not to get into any horror-film-esque situations. :shock:
Two words:

Lara Croft.

--FreeFlier
but that's not the same, what she does is more of the Pulp-Era "High-Adventure" or "Mystery" Indiana Jones type of trope, she doesn't do the "Horror" trope.
The first reboot game is a fair deal more horrorish. No, not ReBoot. That game was a different type of horror.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gavote

Post by Gavote »

Gyrrakavian wrote: but that's not the same, what she does is more of the Pulp-Era "High-Adventure" or "Mystery" Indiana Jones type of trope, she doesn't do the "Horror" trope.
The first reboot game is a fair deal more horrorish. No, not ReBoot. That game was a different type of horror.[/quote]

In all fairness to ReBoot, it was a fairly decent TV show. The video game they made out of it was drek though.
eee

Post by eee »

Ah yes, Atsali knows her tropes. I bet she's going to turn things on their head, though. I'm more concerned about the rest of the people in the hallway. Alexis, the cheerleaders, the members of the flight team: All of THEM should be in there, somewhere, too. I suspect 'Sali is going to try to find and help them, and the gods help things that get in her way.

(Cricket REALLY knows a lot about what's going on. I hope we find out how, later. And why a Victorian greenhouse.)
She's also the spawn of an incubus and siren and when her face markings manifest, can go toe to toe with some heavy hitters in the Wapsiverse. The 'things' in Devynworld might be the ones who wind up scared.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

You'll be fine. You are only "generously endowed". You still haven't hit the letters of the alphabet worth the most points in Scrabble. :ugeek: :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Jabberwonky wrote:I would suggest PE, but 'Sali seems to be a bit of a sport.
Depends on whether or not she's mastered playing basketball while touching her nose with her tongue.
illiad wrote:Silent Hill AFAIK started as a video game...
Yeah, I'm basically aware that the games exist, seem to be well-regarded overall, and involve atmospheric settings and psychological horror, but I have never played them nor seen them played. Never having owned any sort of game system tends to limit one's experience with games designed for game systems. I suppose I could see if there are any versions made for use on a PC.
NebulousRikulau

Post by NebulousRikulau »

Dave wrote:Or something social, where her inability to "read" expressions and body language and tone of voice would feel threatening. Sort of like a public-speaking anxiety but more so?
Or a social setting where her ancestry starts acting up. Both sides. :shock: :oops:
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

It's not the two naturally obvious persuaders I'd be worried about, It's Atsali's sonic version that might come into play. Her Siren side may have some defenses against Glamours. Or, seeing as how a recent fear is her Succubus side coming out, Cutie Tail might just show up and save the day.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Opus the Poet wrote:
You'll be fine. You are only "generously endowed". You still haven't hit the letters of the alphabet worth the most points in Scrabble. :ugeek: :twisted:
well, ladies with THAT size usually go straight to xxfilms or dancing... too big for 'serious' movies... other stars cannot concentrate on their script!!! :o :shock: :roll:

Catawampus: Amazon has 'silent hill' very cheap ... :E
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Ooo, yes! Big busted canon fodder <giggle> Bring it!

Thing is, though Atsali has formidable built-in weapons, whatever she meets will not be suseptable to her fire-power. Her foe will be crafted to play on her personal fears. Tooth and claw will be useless. Brains and calm will get her through. So, *sigh*, no BBCF will likely be displayed this arc. Unless it's part of the fear thing. Of course there is still hope given the presence of the cheerleaders. Do they carry those pom-poms everywhere they go? No, I don't mean the ones attached to their chests. Get your minds out of the gutter and back to the wholesome blood and guts potential here.

Being small busted is no guarantee of survival though. The one most like me would be the small busted little firebrand who stands up for herself at some point just before she gets gutted in the midst of her "brave" speech. Something like:
"Come on and get me you coward! I'm not afraid of you! Do your worst! I've met crazier than you at family reu ... <Garg ... Gurgle> *ripping noises* Quick shot of feet rising from the floor ... body drops amid wet thud sounds. Camera spirals away showing sad little body in curled position. Music fades in. Audience weeping begins. Except for me, happily munching on my popcorn and smuggled in candy, wishing I'd sat closer to get a better look at the blood and guts so I could mentally rate it on it's special effects quality. Continuing to ignore the suggestions we leave from my movie buddy who started to woose out after the first kill. Note to self: Must find movie buddy with brass ovaries.

Or the ditzy one who was chosen to go for help via the ventilation shaft because she is the only one small enough to fit in it:
"Are you ok in there, Crystal?"
"Yes! I think I'm near the ... Wait! What's that? It's getting dark."
"OMG, Crystal! Turn around!"
"I'm coming back! No! Nooo! Stay away from me!"
... <Garg ... Gurgle> *struggle sounds and ripping noises followed by blood dripping from the ceiling in some other room* Half the females in the audience just opening their eyes again. Me, being disappointed we got to see nothing. Yeah, I don't buy this "Leave it to the audience's imagination" thing. That's just being lazy.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bathorys Daughter wrote: Yeah, I don't buy this "Leave it to the audience's imagination" thing. That's just being lazy.
I agree 100%. If i wanted to imagine what was going on i read the book instead of paying 8 to 10 dollars to see a movie.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long