Among Fellow Nerds - 2015-11-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Among Fellow Nerds - 2015-11-25

Post by TazManiac »

It seems nobody has gotten a new thread for today's comic so here ya go...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/among-fellow-nerds/

btw- 'The Flight Team', I hope we get to see them, Cheerleaders come and go but those that fly are truly a thing of wonder...

PS- Neither of those choices from the Snack bar, thankyouverymuch- Goobers if you don't mind...

Dave

Re: Among Fellow Nerds - 2015-11-25

Post by Dave »

It looks as if Devyn feels that her plans have gotten just the least little bit out of hand.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

There is no way this can possibly go wrog, worgn, rwogn, wrong. :twisted:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Devyn doesn't realise it, but she is about to become, by acclamation, the school's head social director.

=========

Or else the Friday Catastrophe i predicted Monday will be Cricket and Atsali having to rescue the city from a demonstration of her ten square block technique.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

If the cheer leaders are tagging along, Devyn really can't do better for a friend than Cricket... Para circles are probably pretty small... so I'm pretty sure the chances of hearing WHY Cricket changed schools are pretty good.

If things get out of hand, the cheer leaders get a choice...

a. The ten block trick

b. The Cricket Special...

or

c. The Wrath of Jesse

Make your choice. You have ten seconds...

The cheer leaders are probably wanting to tag along because Atsali will be there... see Dev? It's nothing to worry about.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

TazManiac wrote:It seems nobody has gotten a new thread for today's comic so here ya go...
Tazzy, comic is timestamped 1:56am CST, your post came just nine minutes later....
It would seem Grasshoppa, er, Cricket, has embraced Master Po's, er, Mon's, tutelage quite well.

One DVD set, seasons 1-3... plink!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Now that you mention it, I see a slight resemblance...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... 3a4c51.jpg
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

The way things like this grow, they'll be bussing them in from Bayonne....

Stock up on the popcorn, ladies...you're gonna need it.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

DilyV wrote:If the cheer leaders are tagging along, Devyn really can't do better for a friend than Cricket... Para circles are probably pretty small... so I'm pretty sure the chances of hearing WHY Cricket changed schools are pretty good.

a. The ten block trick

or

c. The Wrath of Jesse

The cheer leaders are probably wanting to tag along because Atsali will be there... see Dev? It's nothing to worry about.
Never has your signature been more appropriate. Poor Dev's going to have to bite the bullet.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:It seems nobody has gotten a new thread for today's comic so here ya go...

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/among-fellow-nerds/

btw- 'The Flight Team', I hope we get to see them, Cheerleaders come and go but those that fly are truly a thing of wonder...

PS- Neither of those choices from the Snack bar, thankyouverymuch- Goobers if you don't mind...

SnoCaps kthxbye...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
DilyV wrote:If the cheer leaders are tagging along, Devyn really can't do better for a friend than Cricket... Para circles are probably pretty small... so I'm pretty sure the chances of hearing WHY Cricket changed schools are pretty good.

a. The ten block trick

or

c. The Wrath of Jesse

Never has your signature been more appropriate. Poor Dev's going to have to bite the bullet.
Best thing that can happen for Devyn right now is a tight backstab hug from Atsali and reassurances that she's safe with friends. And what powerful friends they are.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

DilyV wrote: Best thing that can happen for Devyn right now is a tight backstab hug from Atsali and reassurances that she's safe with friends. And what powerful friends they are.
Taking a page from Monica, and Phix too I suppose...
DinkyInky wrote:...SnoCaps kthxbye...
Evil, thy name be NonPareil

Just as Gilding the Lily is ridiculous, we must also avoid regarding the Chocolate as unto a Sow's ear, nay it may be know, already and within it's-self, as Purse. One of many coin and much rejoicing... Sully not the Chocolate w/ foul addition.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

OK if we are going to talk movie candy, pass the Raisinettes.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Opus the Poet wrote:OK if we are going to talk movie candy, pass the Raisinettes.
If they ain't got Goobers (I'm sorry sir, they're all sold out"... fer a reason :P ) then Raisinettes will certainly do. And will give ya a quick shot of Iron while they're at it.

btw- DinkyInky ain't wrong for liking what she likes, I just think she's crazy is all...

:roll:
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

... I'm a chocoholic if there ever was one, but I can't bring myself to buy movie candy. It's noisy and EXPENSIVE.

I bring my own chocolatey provisions to the movies, if I feel the need. I usually just get by with popcorn and some soda... However' since those are expensive too, and since I can rent or borrow or wait until the film comes out on TV...

Hmm.

I don't think I've stepped foot in a movie theater in years...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

might as well face it young lady, your a member of that A-team now.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

GlytchMeister wrote:... I'm a chocoholic if there ever was one, but I can't bring myself to buy movie candy. It's noisy and EXPENSIVE.

I bring my own chocolatey provisions to the movies, if I feel the need. I usually just get by with popcorn and some soda... However' since those are expensive too, and since I can rent or borrow or wait until the film comes out on TV...

Hmm.

I don't think I've stepped foot in a movie theater in years...
Nothing better than watching a summer blockbuster action movie on the big screen. Big cup of orange drink, heavy butter popcorn and 2 dill pickles. To top it off my sons and friends there to rip it apart every time they mess up the continuity or get something wrong from the book.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:might as well face it young lady, your a member of that A-team now.
She really doesn't have all that much to worry about.

The chance that she'll end up spilling an entire super-sized Coke all over one of the cheerleaders, or accidentally say something embarrassing about the highest-social-status member of the flight team... not very high at all. 3:1 against, at worst.

Really - what could possibly go wrong?
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

DilyV wrote: Best thing that can happen for Devyn right now is a tight backstab hug from Atsali and reassurances that she's safe with friends. And what powerful friends they are.
Yes, but they'd end up on both sides of her head...talk about whiplash damage...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:might as well face it young lady, your a member of that A-team now.
She really doesn't have all that much to worry about.

The chance that she'll end up spilling an entire super-sized Coke all over one of the cheerleaders, or accidentally say something embarrassing about the highest-social-status member of the flight team... not very high at all. 3:1 against, at worst.

Really - what could possibly go wrong?
[Richard Hammond] DON'T SAY THAT! [/Richard Hammond]

Captain! Murphy Field readings just jumped up three orders of magnitude! Tachyon radiation is through the roof!
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!