You Dorks 2015-11-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Jabberwonky

Re: You Dorks 2015-11-20

Post by Jabberwonky »

Hellboy...Pamcakes...'nuff said...
Pamcakes Thumb.png
Pamcakes Thumb.png (66.65 KiB) Viewed 6102 times
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DilyV wrote:It's nice to see that Cricket is becoming well adjusted these days... looks like Monica's mentoring has done her some good.
Or else they've been drugging her pancakes.

Perhaps she even feels a certain kinship with pancakes, after the way in which Castela introduced herself to her.
eee wrote:I wonder how her new, actual friends compare to her glamour created friends. I'd still like to see those, someday, in flashback. Imagine being able to create your own friends; what would you tailor them to be?
I'm wondering what particular reasons there were for her not being able to make other friends. If it was a snobby sort of school as she implied, I'd think that there would be plenty of people wanting to make connections with a princess (even if she is a Fae) for the social status involved. Are Fae just that poorly thought of?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The Fae, from what I've inferred, are the type to put their nose into the middle of things - whether it helps them or not. And the whole "indestructible" thing doesn't endear them to other paras - especially those who are mortal.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
eee

Post by eee »

Catawampus wrote:
eee wrote:I wonder how her new, actual friends compare to her glamour created friends. I'd still like to see those, someday, in flashback. Imagine being able to create your own friends; what would you tailor them to be?
I'm wondering what particular reasons there were for her not being able to make other friends. If it was a snobby sort of school as she implied, I'd think that there would be plenty of people wanting to make connections with a princess (even if she is a Fae) for the social status involved. Are Fae just that poorly thought of?
Feared instead of thought poorly of, from what we've seen.

I would imagine Cricket had fewer social skills back then and wasn't as desperate for companionship, having the comfort of her made up friends. Also, the 'tunas' apparently had a lock on her old school's social net, and didn't like her much. And let's not forget what a game changer Atsali is. From the first, when she responded to Cricket's jibes with a hammerfist blow, it was pretty clear she wasn't going to be cowed or driven off. And once Cricket had Atsali, that brought on board the Ursa twins - even though that revealed more about her than Cricket wanted - and second-hand, Jessie. And with the current and former Queen Bees making it clear Calista is an OK sort, I assume the rest of the school has accepted her.

It may not hurt that the Jaguar Girl is looming in the background, letting the Princess and everyone else know that if Cricket crosses the line, she'll be an ex-parrot.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

From her description and manner of speaking i could not help but picture them as sorta like the mafia.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:From her description and manner of speaking i could not help but picture them as sorta like the mafia.
. . .

Well, yes . . . that's a fair description of the high school in-cliques even back in my day.

--FreeFlier
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

It appears that both Devyn and Callista are happily satisfied being identified as dorks... Look at those faces in the last panel!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Julie

Post by Julie »

DilyV wrote:It appears that both Devyn and Callista are happily satisfied being identified as dorks... Look at those faces in the last panel!
Of course they are! Their dorkdom is awesome!!!
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
as363

Post by as363 »

For the "Star Wars" Fans - I see there is a new issue (after all these years) titled "The Force Awakens" . Or - if Yoda were to announce it - it might come out as "Awakens Force The" . Just saying....
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

as363 wrote:For the "Star Wars" Fans - I see there is a new issue (after all these years) titled "The Force Awakens" . Or - if Yoda were to announce it - it might come out as "Awakens Force The" . Just saying....
I think it would be more like: "Awaken, the Force does." :mrgreen:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Why were Star Wars episodes 4-5-6 released before 1-2-3?
Because in charge of scheduling, Yoda was.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

A dad joke, that was...

:|

*groans*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:A dad joke, that was...

:|

*groans*
Careful of what you say, you should be. Or sent to your room, you will be... :twisted:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I know a food that's soft 'n sweet
Filled with blueberries 'n pumpkin meat
Got ev'rything that I desire
Cook 'em inna pan over fire

I love pan-cakes! I love pan-cakes!

Pancakes on a plate when the sun arises
Comes in all kinda shapes and sizes
Taste real great when they're made to order
So sweet they make my mouth water

Full stack of pancakes, ain't nothin' better
But I like pancakes when they're drenched in butter
Syrup and whipped cream make 'em fine
I can eat pancakes ALL the time!

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
illiad

Post by illiad »

AmriloJim wrote:Why were Star Wars episodes 4-5-6 released before 1-2-3?
Because in charge of scheduling, Yoda was.
more like 'has not made enough money, Lucas has' ... :/