Toy Freedom 2015-11-19

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Julie

Toy Freedom 2015-11-19

Post by Julie »

"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Dave

Re: Toy Freedom 2015-11-19

Post by Dave »

She used... sarcasm.

Must have earned that black belt in hyperbole while serving in the military, I suppose.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I have found that sarcasm tends to get lost on little kids, another indication that Castella is not as young as she seems.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Gee - let's follow this outrageous claim to it's logical conclusion and see what fun we can have on the way!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Gotta love Kath... she's come a long way from the scared new mom of two rambunctious paranormals... She not only handled it, she's proud of the way she handled it.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dang... where did she find that parenting class, and why couldn't we have found it when our kids were tiny?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I dunno about you lot, but I'm getting a serious Calvin and Hobbes vibe from this strip.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Luke Green

Post by Luke Green »

Nothing like a little perspective.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

DilyV wrote:Gotta love Kath... she's come a long way from the scared new mom of two rambunctious paranormals... She not only handled it, she's proud of the way she handled it.
I'd still like to hear the phone call she got fron the teacher.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

GlytchMeister wrote:I dunno about you lot, but I'm getting a serious Calvin and Hobbes vibe from this strip.
Yeah. That only works on the smart ones.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Atomic wrote:Gee - let's follow this outrageous claim to it's logical conclusion and see what fun we can have on the way!

And so my daughter got punished, and her supporters were punished, barely hours ago. Long you shall ponder on this cryptic talk of victory. Time will prove you wise. For from kinder garden to high school and even beyond, the word was spread that bold Castella and her chosen few, so far from home, laid down their recess time. Not just for their toys, but for all School and the promise that it holds. Now, there on those ragged boards of wood called the Classroom, Timothys' hordes face obliteration! Picture it, just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers - knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the words and voice of Castella. Yet tomorrow they shall surely stare across the planks at a united class leading hundreds of school children!...

The enemy outnumber you a paltry 3 to 1, good odds for any schoolchild. This day, you rescue a School from toy oppression and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine. Give thanks to Castella and those brave few. TO VICTORY!
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Forced perspective. ^.^

Wildcat
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

oldmanmickey wrote:
Atomic wrote:Gee - let's follow this outrageous claim to it's logical conclusion and see what fun we can have on the way!

And so my daughter got punished, and her supporters were punished, barely hours ago. Long you shall ponder on this cryptic talk of victory. Time will prove you wise. For from kinder garden to high school and even beyond, the word was spread that bold Castella and her chosen few, so far from home, laid down their recess time. Not just for their toys, but for all School and the promise that it holds. Now, there on those ragged boards of wood called the Classroom, Timothys' hordes face obliteration! Picture it, just there the barbarians huddle, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers - knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the words and voice of Castella. Yet tomorrow they shall surely stare across the planks at a united class leading hundreds of school children!...

The enemy outnumber you a paltry 3 to 1, good odds for any schoolchild. This day, you rescue a School from toy oppression and tyranny and usher in a future brighter than anything we can imagine. Give thanks to Castella and those brave few. TO VICTORY!
But will there be cookies?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

GlytchMeister wrote:I dunno about you lot, but I'm getting a serious Calvin and Hobbes vibe from this strip.
Yeah, what would have happened if Suzie was the single mom of two paranormal kids...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Gotta love Kath... she's come a long way from the scared new mom of two rambunctious paranormals... She not only handled it, she's proud of the way she handled it.
Several of the "related comics" links for this one take us back to the early days of Kath's appearance in the strip. A somewhat spooky and creepy reclusive social misfit has come a really long way since then! :D
FirehawkShadowchild

Post by FirehawkShadowchild »

Dave wrote:She used... sarcasm.
It's super effective. Wild What'sit flees ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Gotta love that selfsatisfied smile on Kath in the last frame :D
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Good moms know how and when to defuse their child's frustration. And this does forestall any replies of "But you don't UNDERSTAND, Mom!" because it shows she does.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

FirehawkShadowchild wrote:
Dave wrote:She used... sarcasm.
It's super effective. Wild What'sit flees ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Gotta love that selfsatisfied smile on Kath in the last frame :D
Wouldn't it be more exaggeration and hyperbole?
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Julie

Post by Julie »

oldmanmickey wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Opus the Poet wrote:I have found that sarcasm tends to get lost on little kids, another indication that Castella is not as young as she seems.
My son understood sarcasm and puns from an early age. At five, he managed to outpun the punsters at the ren faire...and get me in trouble for singing...certain rennie songs at school...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir