Dopey Puppy 2015-11-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Dopey Puppy 2015-11-17

Post by Catawampus »

eee wrote:Assuming there weren't signs and divinations that would tell, the Three Fates would have known at her birth. Mortals have timelines you can measure; immortals, not so much. The question then becomes, how did the information get from them to the Gorgons? Although that may not be hard; according to Greek mythology, the gods were compulsive gossips...
The Fates reading the threads of life are Greek mythology, though, not Wapsi mythology as far as I've seen. Given the way in which popular mythology tends to be turned about in this comic, the Fates (assuming that they even existed in this setting) might simply have been some of the earliest expert statisticians who used some really good actuarial parchments.

“Mmmm hmmm. . .according to my calculations, the client has a ninety-seven percent chance of a sexual encounter with a top-ranking member of the pantheon within the next ten years.”

“Ninety-seven percent? Why so low?”
Julie

Post by Julie »

TazManiac wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:I just like hugs from girls regardless of their "endowments".

*Ahem* (whathesaid...)

To quote both Benjamin Franklin AND Heinlein's Lazarus Long;

All Cats are grey at Night...
All cats are not gray after midnight. Endless variety--

As for myself-
Most all hugs are welcome, some more than others.
I'm in the "loves most all hugs" category myself. :) Gender and bust specifications are unnecessary. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:
eee wrote:Assuming there weren't signs and divinations that would tell, the Three Fates would have known at her birth. Mortals have timelines you can measure; immortals, not so much. The question then becomes, how did the information get from them to the Gorgons? Although that may not be hard; according to Greek mythology, the gods were compulsive gossips...
The Fates reading the threads of life are Greek mythology, though, not Wapsi mythology as far as I've seen. Given the way in which popular mythology tends to be turned about in this comic, the Fates (assuming that they even existed in this setting) might simply have been some of the earliest expert statisticians who used some really good actuarial parchments.

“Mmmm hmmm. . .according to my calculations, the client has a ninety-seven percent chance of a sexual encounter with a top-ranking member of the pantheon within the next ten years.”

“Ninety-seven percent? Why so low?”
There's the tried and true method of "Oh, hey...she's dead..." Unless she lived long enough to age at a 'normal' human rate...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dr. Otter

Post by Dr. Otter »

Is it just me, or is Euryale looking more and more like Atsali, but with snakes? She didn't start out with a bust that ample,and she didn't originally have freckles.
Be the role model she'll always remember. Be a Girl Scout volunteer today!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dr. Otter wrote:Is it just me, or is Euryale looking more and more like Atsali, but with snakes?
I really wouldn't know whether or not you're looking more and more like Atsali. . .

I get the feeling that the Atsali + Castela dynamic = Euryale + Medusa dynamic is not entirely accidental. The elder two both even have the same book-lovin' nature as youngsters.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Dr. Otter wrote:Is it just me, or is Euryale looking more and more like Atsali, but with snakes? She didn't start out with a bust that ample,and she didn't originally have freckles.
That's Medusa.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wapsi wrote:
Dr. Otter wrote:Is it just me, or is Euryale looking more and more like Atsali, but with snakes? She didn't start out with a bust that ample,and she didn't originally have freckles.
That's Medusa.
Oh! That does help clarify things. :) And Euryale does have a smaller bust in the present image, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the memories aren't of her.
"Just open your eyes
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Julie wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
That's Medusa.
Oh! That does help clarify things. :) And Euryale does have a smaller bust in the present image, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the memories aren't of her.
That's Euryale in the top panel, and in the bottom two faded panels, it's Medusa.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wapsi wrote:That's Euryale in the top panel, and in the bottom two faded panels, it's Medusa.
Small bust, pale hair = Euryale
Large bust, pale hair = Medusa
Got it! :D
"Just open your eyes
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Julie wrote:As long as the hugger remembers that the huggee has to breathe at some point, busty hugs are indeed the best solution to all problems. *nodsnods*
And if they don't remember, it's a hellava way to go. :D
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Julie wrote:
Wapsi wrote:
That's Medusa.
Nor the mammaries.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

now here is a 'thanks' hug!!! :D
http://thedevilspanties.com/archives/10987