Is but isn't 2015-10-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Akasha

Is but isn't 2015-10-23

Post by Akasha »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/is-but-isnt/

came as a bit of surprise, didn't it ...
Last edited by Akasha on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drakkenmensch

Re: Is but isn't 2015-10-23

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Irony! You're soaking in it!
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/is-but-isnt/

Oh, hello Kettle, I'm Pot...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bwahahaha! :lol:

Sometimes it doesn't matter, if you're a ghostly sort of para who might not always be visible in a normal, mundane mirror.

The Universe is quite happy to hold up other sorts of mirrors in front of us, when we really need to see ourselves in one.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

So it was all an educational experience. Connie gets a chance to see how others may see her. Phix must have some plans for her in the future.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

What happened to Connie's eyes? She used to have perfectly normal eyes until this arc.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Is this practice for a rematch with Bia, or a prelude to getting enrolled at school?
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:What happened to Connie's eyes? She used to have perfectly normal eyes until this arc.
Her eyes and body form have been quite variable, for as long as we've known her. Her form seems to be quite sensitive to her mood. Right now, I'd say that she's rather upset (and maybe still a bit drunk or hung over) and so not doing a great job at holding nominally-human form.

Notice: here her eyes look perfectly human... and yet, in the very next strip, her whole form darkens and her eyes change to eyeballs-floating-in-sockets.

Also, take a look here - when she's angry, her eyes go mostly black - and, the next day, they're still showing black sclera (or perhaps just eyesockets) and her whole form goes skeletal and ghoulish.

I recall she looked pretty ghoulish (including her eyes) when she first formally introduced herself to Shelly... can't find the archive page right now but I'll look again ...

... Ah, thanks to Louis's tagging, I found it. Start here and observe the way her eyes change from moment to moment. Looks like there are some points where she's showing "eye socket, plus torn-off optic nerve" but no eyeball. :?

Pablo did a "Two Faces of Conscience" drawing several years ago, which captures both her "looking human" and "looking ghoulish" forms standing back-to-back... it was the proposal drawing for a Patch Together sculpture, which unfortunately never got enough votes to actually be made and sold. The "ghoulish" Conscience is drawn without eyes, just black eye-sockets oozing dark fluids down her cheek. Unfortunately he doesn't have this image in the archives (as far as I can tell), or on his DeviantArt page, but I think it's out on the net somewhere (and I have the original here for reference purposes).
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

This has not been Connie's week, has it?

=================================

Not the faintest idea why this came to mind:

"Nonsense! S-2 reported that machine gun silenced hours ago! Stop wiggling your fingers at me."

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

shadowinthelight wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/is-but-isnt/

Oh, hello Kettle, I'm Pot...
*motions with hands*
“Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot."

“Missed it by that much."
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:Pablo did a "Two Faces of Conscience" drawing several years ago, which captures both her "looking human" and "looking ghoulish" forms standing back-to-back... it was the proposal drawing for a Patch Together sculpture, which unfortunately never got enough votes to actually be made and sold. The "ghoulish" Conscience is drawn without eyes, just black eye-sockets oozing dark fluids down her cheek. Unfortunately he doesn't have this image in the archives (as far as I can tell), or on his DeviantArt page, but I think it's out on the net somewhere (and I have the original here for reference purposes).
wapsi (226) (Large).jpg
wapsi (226) (Large).jpg (100.22 KiB) Viewed 7512 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Y'know, considering Connie has ghostly gray skin and sometimes no eyes I'm not really sure irony applies here. She looks creepy, doesn't really matter that her body is that of a kids. I mean all those Japanese ghost movies kinda proved that years ago.

Devyn on the other hand DOES look like a perfectly normal girl.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TheCollector wrote:Devyn on the other hand DOES look like a perfectly normal girl.
of course, don't you know that psycho's look just like everyone else?
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Julie

Post by Julie »

TheCollector wrote:Y'know, considering Connie has ghostly gray skin and sometimes no eyes I'm not really sure irony applies here. She looks creepy, doesn't really matter that her body is that of a kids. I mean all those Japanese ghost movies kinda proved that years ago.

Devyn on the other hand DOES look like a perfectly normal girl.
So far. The paranormal kids all seem to try to maintain human form, but all seem to have a different natural form. We haven't seen Devyn's natural form yet.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
eee

Post by eee »

And we see here Connie does not deal well with behavior modification, Shelly still has her guitars and lifts weights (although not engine blocks), and is probably on the ground laughing hysterically right now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I was gonna say this, but it was already over done... but what the hell...

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Connie is supposed to be this omniscient, elemental being yet she complains like a five year old and swears like a sailor. I suppose that's what makes her so likable for being so creepy.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:wapsi (226) (Large).jpg
Thank you, Mike - you're a gentleman and a scholar! Saved for future reference.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:wapsi (226) (Large).jpg
Thank you, Mike - you're a gentleman and a scholar! Saved for future reference.
I have collected MOST of the ancillary Wapsi art.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"We despise most in others those sins we perceive in ourselves"- Mark Twain
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

eee wrote:And we see here Connie does not deal well with behavior modification, Shelly still has her guitars and lifts weights (although not engine blocks), and is probably on the ground laughing hysterically right now.
ShelleeeeBeeeeeean!

Missed but not forgotten...
Last edited by TazManiac on Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.