Is but isn't 2015-10-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: Is but isn't 2015-10-23

Post by Catawampus »

oldmanmickey wrote:Phix must have some plans for her in the future.
Or the Library does, since it seems to have its own schemes at times.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DilyV wrote:Connie is supposed to be this omniscient, elemental being yet she complains like a five year old and swears like a sailor.
I don't remember reading anything about her being omniscient... Do you have any reference for that?
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:
DilyV wrote:Connie is supposed to be this omniscient, elemental being yet she complains like a five year old and swears like a sailor.
I don't remember reading anything about her being omniscient... Do you have any reference for that?
She acknowledges that she has no memories prior to the moment of her creation (other than knowing "the rules"). The earlier memories of her constituent demons were wiped away (probably because of the demons' collusion and participation in the stunt which got Monica hurt and Tina killed). She's never said (or I think implied) that she retains any memories or knowledge from Tina 1.0's human soul. She and Shelly still don't know who it was who knew about the "coven of demons, fused to a human soul" trick, and then persuaded/tricked Shelly's demons into participating in the stunt which created Connie.

Connie certainly comes across as a wise-ass and a smart-alec and a know-it-all much of the time, but that doesn't mean she's omniscient.

Everybody here appreciates that, I'm sure... y'all have been dealing with me for years! :mrgreen:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:Connie certainly comes across as a wise-ass and a smart-alec and a know-it-all much of the time, but that doesn't mean she's omniscient.

Everybody here appreciates that, I'm sure... y'all have been dealing with me for years! :mrgreen:
"Your honor, the council for the defense rests,"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
as363

Post by as363 »

Less than a day to go. Any thoughts of what's next ???
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

as363 wrote:Less than a day to go. Any thoughts of what's next ???
A mini-arc, 5 days, or maybe 4 days and a filler, unrelated to either of the last two other than possibly involving some of the same characters.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Wanna bet Monday hasn't any Connie at all? She'll be back real soon, but I'd think, thinking back on how Paul does it sometimes, that he'll jump around and return later...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Warrl wrote:
A mini-arc, 5 days, or maybe 4 days and a filler, unrelated to either of the last two other than possibly involving some of the same characters.
Based on Monday's page, it looks like I was right.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Warrl wrote:
Warrl wrote:
Based on Monday's page, it looks like I was right.
Well, given the holiday that we're approaching, and Paul's love of dressing his characters up, it was kind of inevitable. :P
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."