Baby Sitting 2015-10-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Re: Baby Sitting 2015-10-22

Post by jwhouk »

The Library Transporter System isn't going to let just anyone come to the Island.

First, you need to know the coordinates. Second, you need to know where the entrance/exit portal is located. Third, you have to deal with the angry Jaguar Girl if you wreck her Island in the Sun. Fourth, whatever she doesn't do to you, Phix will make sure to finish. Fifth, Phix likes spare ribs.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Fifth, Phix likes spare ribs.
Yeah, I suppose you're right. After Phix has removed the face (or the whole head), the former owner of the ribs has no further use for them, so they're "spare".
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Remember Devyn said she uses the portal system to visit her uncle at times as well so we can assume that it is an open transportation system.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Cheeky enough to poke a creature that terrified other Sphinx(and similar creatures) in the time forest. I wonder if Devyn has the metaphorical balls to pull this kind of stuff with Monica?
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Making someone think you just nonchalantly murdered two girls for trying to roughly prod to you to go play with them is pretty heavy-handed. Devyn seems like she could fit in well with her relatives, which is a terrifying prospect.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Armorlord wrote:Making someone think you just nonchalantly murdered two girls for trying to roughly prod to you to go play with them is pretty heavy-handed. Devyn seems like she could fit in well with her relatives, which is a terrifying prospect.
I don't know--seems to me like Dyven has a pretty good handle on just how much force to use.
In the "pointless" side trip with the two bullies, she let them see just how their actions affect others. One discovered she is a horrible person, the other one lost her teddy bear.

As far as scaring Connie, you would have to do something pretty impressive to get her attention. Devyn now has Connie's attention; and I'm thinking connie wont talk down to her again.

Note to self; "Be nice to Devyn--always be nice to Devyn . . .always be nice. . ." 0.o
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

You do know that from an emotional point of view REAL teenagers do FAR MORE EMOTIONAL TRAUMA TO EACH OTHER ON A DAILY BASIS... often enough, out of boredom
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Note to Connie; "We-Cycle!"
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Akeche wrote:Cheeky enough to poke a creature that terrified other Sphinx(and similar creatures) in the time forest. I wonder if Devyn has the metaphorical balls to pull this kind of stuff with Monica?
I thought Connie terrified the Sphinges in the Time Forrest not because of what she could do, but because of what she was?

That doesn't mean she couldn't rend one into small pieces with her bare hands, just that I can't remember that being mentioned.

also note, in Connie's complaints to Shelly, she is showing concern for Atsali & Nadette welfare, not her own. I don't think Connie was worried about Devyn causing her harm :)

Actually, that may not be true ... ?

"And I would be the one blamed!"

I know demons have a thing about not causing (physical) harm to their humans, and when Tina & Bud first met Tina had a 'freak out' moment when she though she had caused harm to a human (very hot coffee to Bud's face :shock:)

Maybe Connie, as a single being formed from demons, has a similar 'do no (physical) harm [and allow no physical halm?]' compulsion? But in her case, it is to anyone (human or not) that is in her care?

Which would make her a good choice for babysitter, but a really hamper her ability to stop anyone in her care from causing harm to other?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Grantwhy wrote:Maybe Connie, as a single being formed from demons, has a similar 'do no (physical) harm [and allow no physical halm?]' compulsion? But in her case, it is to anyone (human or not) that is in her care?
"I'm separate from the demon world, again thanks to you. I'm not subject to their rules, however, my existence depends on you. I die when you die. Unlike demons."