Got You Covered 2015-10-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Got You Covered 2015-10-20

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Take that, smartass.

Don't mess with this one, Connie.

This one might very well be the next Jaguar-Girl-in-Training.

(Pretty sure even Connie walks light around Monica when she's in A Mood.)
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
kingklash

Re: Got You Covered 2015-10-20

Post by kingklash »

And you should see what she does with salt water taffy.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Somehow I feel these two are going to get into a game of show me yours and I'll show you mine... and I'm not talking the R Rated version... I get the feeling these two will try to see who has the better inner scary space. Connie has the edge, being an inner demon amalgamation, but I think Devyn will surprise Connie...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Dave

Post by Dave »

DilyV wrote:Somehow I feel these two are going to get into a game of show me yours and I'll show you mine... and I'm not talking the R Rated version... I get the feeling these two will try to see who has the better inner scary space. Connie has the edge, being an inner demon amalgamation, but I think Devyn will surprise Connie...
You could be right on all counts. It may be an interesting contest. Somehow I doubt that dumping a zillion gallons of cold seawater on Connie's head would be likely to leave her in a good mood.

What happens if Connie yanks Devyn into the Boiler Room, and then Devyn opens a door into the land of dark despair and propels Connie inwards with a shove? Would this repeat ad infinitum, or will they eventually tire of going deeper and deeper into buried places of awfulness and furnace-jackets?

I'm sorta expecting Jessie to show up, at some point. A composite demon-coven with a bent sense of humor, a mermaid, and a helead... they'd make quite a trio. Funny girl, finny girl, and fenny girl.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
DilyV wrote:What happens if Connie yanks Devyn into the Boiler Room, and then Devyn opens a door into the land of dark despair and propels Connie inwards with a shove? Would this repeat ad infinitum, or will they eventually tire of going deeper and deeper into buried places of awfulness and furnace-jackets?
Remember Bud wondering what would happen if they shoved Shelly through the portal cloth?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:What happens if Connie yanks Devyn into the Boiler Room, and then Devyn opens a door into the land of dark despair and propels Connie inwards with a shove? Would this repeat ad infinitum, or will they eventually tire of going deeper and deeper into buried places of awfulness and furnace-jackets?
The word of the day is "Recursion."

If you dream of a dream within a dream while asleep and dreaming, whose dream is it? Yours, or the dreamer?

Cue Inception jokes....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I forgot about Devyn's uncle for a minute there...
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
starkruzr

Post by starkruzr »

Wait. Connie is Shelly's demon amalgam, right? She can manifest in a way that Devyn can see? How did that happen?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

kingklash wrote:And you should see what she does with salt water taffy.
Kinky...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

starkruzr wrote:Wait. Connie is Shelly's demon amalgam, right? She can manifest in a way that Devyn can see? How did that happen?
They can be seen if they want to be. Look back in the archives to where M's demons got between her and the vampire MIB agent.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/another-time-then/
Last edited by oldmanmickey on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Whoa. Devyn could help teach the girls to Surf. ya know, make the "Perfect wave"?
Dave

Post by Dave »

starkruzr wrote:Wait. Connie is Shelly's demon amalgam, right? She can manifest in a way that Devyn can see? How did that happen?
Correct. She's been able to manifest in ways visible to people other than Shelly for a long time.... at the very least, ever since Shelly returned from the Time Forest. Monica can see her, Bud and Tina can see her, Nudge can see her, Euryale can see (and hug) her, and she's capable of manifesting so tangibly that she was able to punch young Bia up into the air and then throw her down hard enough to make a crater.

At this point, it seems that she can appear to whomever she wants to appear to. I can't recall her ever appearing to a mundane, but that's probably just good practice and politeness on her part.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I love it when the 'magic' is plausibly, a bit, based on factual reality. *"I'm not controlling the water so much as the minerals in it...")

=====================================
kingklash wrote:And you should see what she does with salt water taffy.
My Mom is from Atlantic City. (Pre-Trump...) There is no substitute for 'the real thing'...

==================
I recall, when Bia was regressed to a younger chronological age and was getting the tar beat out of her by Connie, that others besides Shelly not only could see her, but knew of her as a (by then) separate entity. The current question seems to be 'how Independent from Shelly is she really'?
AnotherFairportfan

Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:What happens if Connie yanks Devyn into the Boiler Room, and then Devyn opens a door into the land of dark despair and propels Connie inwards with a shove? Would this repeat ad infinitum, or will they eventually tire of going deeper and deeper into buried places of awfulness and furnace-jackets?
The word of the day is "Recursion."

If you dream of a dream within a dream while asleep and dreaming, whose dream is it? Yours, or the dreamer?

Cue Inception jokes....
Alice and the White King.
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:
They can be seen if they want to be. Look back in the archives to where M's demons got between her and the vampire MIB agent.
http://wapsisquare.com/comic/another-time-then/
Of course the one who REALLY gave Suzie the stinkeye was actually Tsilla.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

Is that a standing wave with fish falling out of it?

Which one of them is a cook?

The girls could either surf or use stationary water
as a skate park.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

jayessell wrote:Is that a standing wave with fish falling out of it?
Yeah, I think so..

I'm reminded of the recreational water sports in the recent film 'Tomorrowland..."
Which one of them is a cook?
Sashimi for the win...
The girls could either surf or use stationary water as a skate park.
Hmmm, I think I've already used up my 'water-wings' quota for the years...)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jayessell wrote:The girls could either surf or use stationary water
as a skate park.
I wonder if she can solidify water enough to walk on it. That would freak out a few fundamentalists.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

TazManiac wrote: Sashimi for the win...
I've never been a fan of even the idea of eating uncooked meat.
Probably a residual effect of once having been rather germaphobic and OCD.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

shadowinthelight wrote:
jayessell wrote:The girls could either surf or use stationary water
as a skate park.
I wonder if she can solidify water enough to walk on it. That would freak out a few fundamentalists.
The mineral concentration at that point would make the water cloudy enough to be noticeable.

But if it were to screw with the self-righteous hypocrite types, I'd be all for watching it anyways.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."