Got You Covered 2015-10-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DinkyInky

Re: Got You Covered 2015-10-20

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Dave... I really enjoy your efforts here... but there are those who would hunt you down with dogs for such punning...
I guess someone needs to get his missus a better tranq rifle, and a good scope...and a new formula of dart, as he seems to have adapted...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Dave... I really enjoy your efforts here... but there are those who would hunt you down with dogs for such punning...
I guess someone needs to get his missus a better tranq rifle, and a good scope...and a new formula of dart, as he seems to have adapted...
32 gauge Special, rifled bore, use 5.5 cc Ketamine and aim for deep muscle...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

sheik wrote:Numb is right.
I can remember when the pun depository was just a jar.
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:That's no planet, that's the PUN VAULT!
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

TazManiac wrote:
kingklash wrote:And you should see what she does with salt water taffy.
My Mom is from Atlantic City. (Pre-Trump...) There is no substitute for 'the real thing'...
kinda the same thing with me and Mackinac Island Fudge. the stuff they have out here in Seattle is good, but not the same...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Guess that's *one* way to ditch a chaperone. ^.^

Wildcat
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

scantrontb wrote:
TazManiac wrote:
My Mom is from Atlantic City. (Pre-Trump...) There is no substitute for 'the real thing'...
kinda the same thing with me and Mackinac Island Fudge. the stuff they have out here in Seattle is good, but not the same...
Difference between South Bend Chocolate Co.(Love) vs. Fannie May(Love)vs. See's(meh). I con...er, bribe...nope, still not it...beg...needs more...cry, plead...ooh eck! Bother! I ask my friends back home to ship me Trinidads and Truffles petite or Colonials, or SBCC "Turtles"...
I used to like Godiva Belgian chocolates when I was real small...until the brand was sold...it's now dry and bitter, and tasteless.
I've turned down dates in my youth when they brought it(after I've previously mentioned I hate Godiva).
Guylian was also sold, but they retained the deliciousness of their pralines...soooo good!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Julie

Post by Julie »

Warrl wrote:
sheik wrote:
Dave wrote:Hey, I'd think you'd be at least a little numb to this sort of thing from us by now? :mrgreen:
Numb is right.
I can remember when the pun depository was just a jar.
Now it's a whole room - but the door won't quite stay closed, so it's still ajar.

(In lieu of the standard contribution, I'll apply a bit of 3-in-1 oil to the hinges and latch mechanism.)
A room? I was under the impression the "pun vault" was actually a pocket universe. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yeah, and the worst thing is, it uses the Akashic records.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

jwhouk wrote:Yeah, and the worst thing is, it uses the Akashic records.
Which means it's accessible from the portal I investigated in the Wapsiholic's Meeting Hall! :D

It is a most untidy universe... Random contributions, donations, and payments flying all over the place... It's very similar to the "Room of Hidden Things" from Harry Potter... But more chaotic. I wouldn't recommend visiting.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

scantrontb wrote:
TazManiac wrote:
Or sarsaparilla. It may not need to be made in KC, but it definitely needs to be made in the midwest. I don't remember the brand, but it's made in California and I hesitate to use the word “vile", but it certainly doesn't compare to any of the other brands i've had. Sprecher's and Frostop are the two brands that I recommend.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Sprecher Gourmet Soda is based out of Wisconsin. Frostop is out of Ohio, and that's technically in the midwest. Also, Sprechers has THE BEST cream soda you'll ever taste. They use honey as the sweetner in pretty much all of their recipes.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Also, Sprechers has THE BEST cream soda you'll ever taste. They use honey as the sweetner in pretty much all of their recipes.
It merely tastes Horribly Nasty rather than Indescirbably VIle, like all other cream sodas?

The best sarsaparilla-type soda you could get USED to be Barg's Sr (NOT the stuff that comes in a silver can, which is a decent-enough root beer, which originated in Biloxi), which was only available within the state of Louisiana, and is no more.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Gyrrakavian wrote: EDIT: I stand corrected. Sprecher Gourmet Soda is based out of Wisconsin. Frostop is out of Ohio, and that's technically in the midwest. Also, Sprechers has THE BEST cream soda you'll ever taste. They use honey as the sweetner in pretty much all of their recipes.
+1 Insightful.

I miss having a good Sprecher Root Beer.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:Also, Sprechers has THE BEST cream soda you'll ever taste. They use honey as the sweetner in pretty much all of their recipes.
It merely tastes Horribly Nasty rather than Indescirbably VIle, like all other cream sodas?

The best sarsaparilla-type soda you could get USED to be Barg's Sr (NOT the stuff that comes in a silver can, which is a decent-enough root beer, which originated in Biloxi), which was only available within the state of Louisiana, and is no more.

I didn't know there was anyone who didn't care for cream soda, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here with a tentative "yes?".
No worries, I've met people who don't like chocolate, mint, and strawberries. Personally, I hate Pepsi AND Coke (both are also owned by the same parent company, go figure). I used to love Dr. Pepper, bur I went off pop for a year and now I can't drink it either. In fact, I believe root beer, is the only dark brown pop I can drink without cringing now.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:

I didn't know there was anyone who didn't care for cream soda, so I'm gonna go out on a limb here with a tentative "yes?".
No worries, I've met people who don't like chocolate, mint, and strawberries. Personally, I hate Pepsi AND Coke (both are also owned by the same parent company, go figure). I used to love Dr. Pepper, bur I went off pop for a year and now I can't drink it either. In fact, I believe root beer, is the only dark brown pop I can drink without cringing now.
I don't like chocolate and mint together, but love Belgian chocolates(used to be allergic until I was a teen, so Halloween sucked), and pulled sugar ribbon mints. I adore strawberries, but alas, it is a forbidden love. Her kiss is death....sweet, sweet death.

I haven't liked Dr. Pepper since Dublin's version got shut down by Snapple. If they are the cane sugar versions, I prefer cherry Coke vs the cherry Pepsi, but love cherry 7-Up best. I love sarsaparilla and ginger beer over root beer or birch beer(my son loves birch beer over those choices). Voltage is the only karo version I like. Everything else is cane sugar.

--Safyr Drathmir
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

DinkyInky wrote:I adore strawberries, but alas, it is a forbidden love. Her kiss is death....sweet, sweet death.
Well, you could always eat just one...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

DinkyInky wrote:I haven't liked Dr. Pepper since Dublin's version got shut down by Snapple. If they are the cane sugar versions, I prefer cherry Coke vs the cherry Pepsi, but love cherry 7-Up best. I love sarsaparilla and ginger beer over root beer or birch beer(my son loves birch beer over those choices). Voltage is the only karo version I like. Everything else is cane sugar.
My introduction to Coca-Cola was the non-American versions; when I came to the US and first tried some here, it just tasted wrong. Felt wrong, too; the US formula leaves an unpleasant texture behind. So in the birthplace of Coca-Cola, I'll only drink Coca-Cola if it is imported from Mexico or someplace. That probably counts as some form of heresy or something.

I never had Pepsi, Dr. Pepper or root beer outside the US, though, so the US versions of those all can taste fine to me (though some brands of root beer are definitely better than others).

I've yet to find a ginger beer in the US that is more than moderately okayish.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Catawampus wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I haven't liked Dr. Pepper since Dublin's version got shut down by Snapple. If they are the cane sugar versions, I prefer cherry Coke vs the cherry Pepsi, but love cherry 7-Up best. I love sarsaparilla and ginger beer over root beer or birch beer(my son loves birch beer over those choices). Voltage is the only karo version I like. Everything else is cane sugar.
My introduction to Coca-Cola was the non-American versions; when I came to the US and first tried some here, it just tasted wrong. Felt wrong, too; the US formula leaves an unpleasant texture behind. So in the birthplace of Coca-Cola, I'll only drink Coca-Cola if it is imported from Mexico or someplace. That probably counts as some form of heresy or something.

I never had Pepsi, Dr. Pepper or root beer outside the US, though, so the US versions of those all can taste fine to me (though some brands of root beer are definitely better than others).

I've yet to find a ginger beer in the US that is more than moderately okayish.
As a long time Coke® addict, even the reversion to Classic Coca-Cola tastes wrong because of the use of high fructose corn sweeteners. There is, to me, a slight 'spicy' taste that isn't in Mexi-Cokes, or as I was fond of, the Cokes we got in the Middle East. Those were sugar sweetened also.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Catawampus wrote:Felt wrong, too; the US formula leaves an unpleasant texture behind. So in the birthplace of Coca-Cola, I'll only drink Coca-Cola if it is imported from Mexico or someplace. That probably counts as some form of heresy or something.
Not heresy. Bottles imported from Mexico are getting more common around here because anymore who has drunk it agrees.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!