Stop Hitting Yourself 2015-10-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Stop Hitting Yourself 2015-10-01

Post by kingklash »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:so so many way that tail could get one into trouble. and we will not discuss the first thing that went through my mind when the sprout yelled about choking her tail.
Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Then i thought of this:
monkey.jpg
Back in my teen years, a radio station (hey kids! remember radio?) had recently come on the air, and had occasional technical problems, as any new venture is wont to do. The evening DJ would blame it on the cheap help in the engineering booth, a cranky monkey. If there was a bout of wrong songs, missed cues, or the dreaded Dead Air, it was because of that dang monkey. One evening, there was a glitch in the boards somewhere, and the phone-in giveaway didn't go off like it should. So the DJ excused himself, and there was the sound of a scuffle, then the shrieks of a chimp accompanied by slapping sounds and the voice of the DJ saying, "Bad monkey! Bad monkey!" Then you hear him come back in, fiddle with the mic, and he said, "After that goof-up, I just had to go out and spank the monkey!" I couldn't believe that he stretched out his set-up for so long before he landed that punchline.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

DilyV wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:so so many way that tail could get one into trouble. and we will not discuss the first thing that went through my mind when the sprout yelled about choking her tail.

Then i thought of this:
monkey.jpg
Spankin' da monkey?

*Facepalms*
You'll get carpal tunnel you keep that up....
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

kingklash wrote:

Then i thought of this:
monkey.jpg
Back in my teen years, a radio station (hey kids! remember radio?) had recently come on the air, and had occasional technical problems, as any new venture is wont to do. The evening DJ would blame it on the cheap help in the engineering booth, a cranky monkey. If there was a bout of wrong songs, missed cues, or the dreaded Dead Air, it was because of that dang monkey. One evening, there was a glitch in the boards somewhere, and the phone-in giveaway didn't go off like it should. So the DJ excused himself, and there was the sound of a scuffle, then the shrieks of a chimp accompanied by slapping sounds and the voice of the DJ saying, "Bad monkey! Bad monkey!" Then you hear him come back in, fiddle with the mic, and he said, "After that goof-up, I just had to go out and spank the monkey!" I couldn't believe that he stretched out his set-up for so long before he landed that punchline.
Oh, boy, I bet the FCC just loved him!
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Does this mean that if she refers to it as her 'devil tail', she can always claim- "Th' DEVIL made me do it!!!"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

DilyV wrote:
Spankin' da monkey?

*Facepalms*
Sometimes, when your monkey has been bad...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

kingklash wrote:Remember the old "Dinosaucers" show? The bad guys had an insult based on the idea that some dinos had a secondary brain down by the tail to help manage signals from the main one due to the massive size they could reach. So when one of the crew messed up, the T-Rex leader would call him "Tail for brains."

So, either Cutie Tail does have her own small brain to help her be prehensile, or she's Atsali's Succubus side with this being the only way to assert herself right now. At least she isn't another mouth to feed.
I was thinking that it acts on her subconscious emotions and desires (i.e. self-loathing).

And, being that it is a new appendage, Atsali is is going to have to work on controlling this very evident new self-preservation reflex

Hmmm... I wonder if this whole semi-autonomous tail thing would count as some sort of a dissociative disorder.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Jabberwonky wrote:
DilyV wrote:
Spankin' da monkey?

*Facepalms*
Sometimes, when your monkey has been bad...
thats why i said we wernt gonna talk about it, i did, i did. lol
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
as363

Post by as363 »

Following is NSFW . There is a web comic - Silk and Honey . The Star is an Incubus with a tail that she can use if she is attacked sexually . If you have youngsters - make sure you delete this.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Gyrrakavian wrote:
kingklash wrote:Remember the old "Dinosaucers" show? The bad guys had an insult based on the idea that some dinos had a secondary brain down by the tail to help manage signals from the main one due to the massive size they could reach. So when one of the crew messed up, the T-Rex leader would call him "Tail for brains."

So, either Cutie Tail does have her own small brain to help her be prehensile, or she's Atsali's Succubus side with this being the only way to assert herself right now. At least she isn't another mouth to feed.
I was thinking that it acts on her subconscious emotions and desires (i.e. self-loathing).

And, being that it is a new appendage, Atsali is is going to have to work on controlling this very evident new self-preservation reflex

Hmmm... I wonder if this whole semi-autonomous tail thing would count as some sort of a dissociative disorder.
Alien Tail Syndrome?
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

kingklash wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:

Alien Tail Syndrome?
If the aggressive appendage continues to schmack her in the face, she could be facing a Shiner Syndrome.

Of course, if flatulence and knitting become involved, we will have a ripping good yarn!

And even I am asking myself, where in the fudd did that come from...
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

DilyV wrote:Spankin' da monkey?

*Facepalms*
Look at My Monkey (classic hilariously NSFW Joe Cartoon)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!