Succubus Side 2015-09-29

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
chaotik74

Re: Succubus Side 2015-09-29

Post by chaotik74 »

Not to worry, this is Wapsiverse...I'm sure that incubi and succubi are just misunderstood sex therapists that have wholesome, non-threatening jobs in the everyday community that the rest of us stupid, oblivious mundanes aren't aware of. Nothing to see here, move along.
Wapsi
Site Admin

Post by Wapsi »

Raventhorne wrote:
shadowinthelight wrote:Guess we'll have to wait and see what Kath is supposed to be saying in that empty speech bubble.
i think it meant to be empty,because the look on her face screams kath.exe stopped working reboot, yes/no?

and after that she reboots to scold casta
This. =)
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

Poor kid. The ultimate sexual predator with the mind of a geek. Probably all those Lanthian left-overs going through her mind keeps her from being overcome by her inheritance. (If her hormones ever really kick in, hooo haa!)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

This moment, minus the paranormal issues, is my life.

Try not to swear in front of the littles(and they magically spawn just in the right spot to hear ya drop the big bads), then try not to freak when they swear back at you(yeah, I was raised that the double hockey sticks is a swear) in a shockingly appropriate manner.

Thank goodness at ten, my son is horribly offended at bad words.

And waaaaah! My wallet cries when he catches me. The swear pig is needing emptying soon, and my son has pizza and movies in his near future.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

My daughters were born shortly after I got out of the Navy so both can swear like a sailor and often do.
eee

Post by eee »

Ah, a typical morning in the Gilchrist household...
Akeche wrote:I know the little sproutling is bright for her age, but when did she start to curse like that? Well, in front of her mother.
This is Grandma Lily's influence. And vocabulary. Kids imitate what they hear, especially from a loved one.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

Dave wrote:OK, first in-strip confirmation: incubus (male) and succubus (female) are the same species in the Wapsiverse.
There goes my whole surmise on them being different. Though her dad's side seems to be awfully fighty. Might be a personal trait more than racial one?
Dave wrote:This has got to be at least as traumatic for a teen like Atsali, as a really obvious zit appearing just before the prom :(
Mixed paras seem to have it particularly rough, experiencing two different sets of aspects blossoming at once. :shock:
Akeche wrote:I know the little sproutling is bright for her age, but when did she start to curse like that? Well, in front of her mother.
To be fair, Kath cursed at her first, which surprised me a lot more.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:I am irresistibly reminded of my granddaughters, once again...
Are their tails freckled, too? :shock:

[Ducks and covers under a 1961 elementary school desk, guaranteed blast proof against atomic bombs by the Sisters of St. Joseph}
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Jabberwonky wrote:"The hell?! I'm just in kindergarten!" May be my favorite single line in Wapsi...

:lol: :lol:
If she'd been a bit quicker on the uptake, "Oh, right, I gotta go finish my kindergarten algebra" would have been a good line.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Warrl wrote:
Jabberwonky wrote:"The hell?! I'm just in kindergarten!" May be my favorite single line in Wapsi...

:lol: :lol:
If she'd been a bit quicker on the uptake, "Oh, right, I gotta go finish my kindergarten algebra" would have been a good line.
Heeeeere's yer sign... :lol:
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

Armorlord wrote:
Dave wrote:OK, first in-strip confirmation: incubus (male) and succubus (female) are the same species in the Wapsiverse.
There goes my whole surmise on them being different. Though her dad's side seems to be awfully fighty. Might be a personal trait more than racial one?
I'm not sure we can tell yet just which side of her ancestry "comes out" when Atsali switched into her fighting morph. It might be either, or both at once, or her fight reaction might be unique to her.

As "Bones" McCoy pointed out in one of Diane Duane's Star Trek novels, it's a mistake to assume that Spock is a psychological half-way point between human psychology and Vulcan psychology. He's not two half-beings glued together. He's a single, whole, unique being... a Spock... and his reactions will be uniquely his.

So it may be with Atsali. She will certainly be influenced by the two sides of her para ancestry, but how she behaves and matures might end up being quite different from how a pure Siren or a pure Succubus would.
Dave

Post by Dave »

shadowinthelight wrote:Guess we'll have to wait and see what Kath is supposed to be saying in that empty speech bubble.
Now reads "Uh, ..."

I can't fault her, though. Under similar circumstances I doubt I would have been any more articulate.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

:twisted:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Gyrrakavian wrote:My guess for how the tail works when she goes feathery is that it somewhat resembles the tails of those feathered dinosaur reconstructions. Namely those for members of Dromaeosauridae. Feathers fanning out along the sides.
Like Archeopteryx?
Or Microraptor. I wonder if her wings will now resemble those of the recently discovered Yi qi

Image pic by John Conway

While still in Therapoda, the archaeopteryx is in the Avialae clade. Dromaeosauridae would be Achillobator, Utahraptor, velociraptor, etc.

Ja, I know, i'm a nerd. A nerd who sucks at hittingbthe space bar.

EDIT: Or she'll have four pairs of wings when she drops her human guise.
Last edited by Gyrrakavian on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Septuagenarian

Post by Septuagenarian »

I would assume that would be one of the things paras can hide from others like Cas's rather obvious plant characteristics.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I would assume that she'll still have feathered wings and a raptor (hawk/eagle) tail when she goes full birdy (and the last time she went full birdy she went full monty, too), because that's the siren side of her heritage, and sirens seem to be marine raptors in the Wapsi world.

Leading to possibly my two favourite bits of pin-up art:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dark Kuno

Post by Dark Kuno »

eee wrote:Ah, a typical morning in the Gilchrist household...
This is Grandma Lily's influence. And vocabulary. Kids imitate what they hear, especially from a loved one.
You also have to remember that there have been many instances in which we see that Castela is not as childlike and naive as she initially appears to be.

Case in point http://wapsisquare.com/comic/better-run/. and http://wapsisquare.com/comic/life-strategies/

Edit: Holy crap, I just realized that is the first post I've made since Wapsi moved off of keenspot years ago :o
Julie

Post by Julie »

Dark Kuno wrote:Edit: Holy crap, I just realized that is the first post I've made since Wapsi moved off of keenspot years ago :o
Welcome back to the insanity...errr...I mean conversation. :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Fairport, where did you find that 'fishing' pic?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:Fairport, where did you find that 'fishing' pic?
They were on eBay a while back.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jayessell

Post by jayessell »

"Is that an....?"

'An' what?

An tail?

That am not English.