Browser issue

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Lee M

Browser issue

Post by Lee M »

It may just be because I'm running an old version of IE, but sometimes when I try to look at the latest page nothing appears except the ad banner and the background. Going to an archive page and then clicking on "Latest" usually fixes it. I can view the page OK on Opera and Chrome, but for everyday surfing I prefer to use IE because I can have the Favorites bar pinned on the left.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Wapsi
Site Admin

Re: Browser issue

Post by Wapsi »

Sounds like a cache problem to me, but I think Bookworm should have the final say on that.
Bookworm

Re: Browser issue

Post by Bookworm »

It does sound like a caching problem - like it's trying to load what was there before, which has been moved.

If you don't already have it, download and install CCleaner (originally crap cleaner). It's free from Piriform.

The basic 'run' cleans your history, temporary files, cache (for all major browsers), and recycle bin. Then reboot, and see what happens.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.