Surpise 2015-09-11

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Surpise 2015-09-11

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/surpise/

Um, I'm spelling it the way it's spelled in the title, even if it's wrong. :P

"Turnabout is fair play, bitch!"
TazManiac

Re: Surpise 2015-09-11

Post by TazManiac »

'Sir- Pies'! Makes perfect sense to me.

Dave

Post by Dave »

That's another "Gotcha!" moment for Shelly! :)

Interesting that Connie still hangs out in the Boiler Room environment. I wonder if it's by necessity, or choice?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Yay! Connie is still hanging out.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

Is it possible to induce myocardial infarction in an elemental? ImageImage
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

shadowinthelight wrote:Is it possible to induce myocardial infarction in an elemental? ImageImage
Probably not.

But involuntary relaxing of certain muscles ...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Damn Shelly good one!!! I'm still laughing!!!

I wonder if Shell is getting ready to hit up Connie to work with Jordan's inner cretin?
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Ah HA! First we have one scary little girl in someones mind, and then we have the other. I have a feeling that Shelly will be mentoring someone, in the future...
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Cheesy1 wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/surpise/

Um, I'm spelling it the way it's spelled in the title, even if it's wrong. :P

"Turnabout is fair play, bitch!"
What surprises me is that Shelly waited so long for payback. She doesn't seem the type to wait until the target has forgotten all about what happened and then look for a chance to strike back. Usually for her it is to hit back hard when it happens.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

zachariah wrote:What surprises me is that Shelly waited so long for payback. She doesn't seem the type to wait until the target has forgotten all about what happened and then look for a chance to strike back. Usually for her it is to hit back hard when it happens.
80,000 years or so in the Time Forest may have taught her patience. They say that vengeance is a dish best served cold...
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
zachariah wrote:What surprises me is that Shelly waited so long for payback. She doesn't seem the type to wait until the target has forgotten all about what happened and then look for a chance to strike back. Usually for her it is to hit back hard when it happens.
80,000 years or so in the Time Forest may have taught her patience. They say that vengeance is a dish best served cold...
Frigid
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

On closer inspection,that is a hot water heater, covered by a thermal blanket, in the background of the first two frames.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:On closer inspection,that is a hot water heater, covered by a thermal blanket, in the background of the first two frames.
Thanks. I wondered what that overly-burly construction worker in a long T-shirt was doing in the Boiler Room. Seemed like an odd way to introduced a new (and possibly damned) character to the strip.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Shelly had best be glad that Connie didnt react to the surprise the Stali does, by knocking someones block off.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:On closer inspection,that is a hot water heater, covered by a thermal blanket, in the background of the first two frames.
Thanks. I wondered what that overly-burly construction worker in a long T-shirt was doing in the Boiler Room. Seemed like an odd way to introduced a new (and possibly damned) character to the strip.
I only recognized it because I had one in the basement of our condo.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

*shakes head* Tzadle-bay!
Prester Fred

Post by Prester Fred »

WHAM!!

So that whole thing with Devyn and Jordan was a fakeout!? Did NOT see that coming!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Wait. Since when did the elemental have a name? I don't recall her ever being introduced as such. But then again I did just wake up.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
AnotherFairportfan

Gyrrakavian wrote:Wait. Since when did the elemental have a name? I don't recall her ever being introduced as such. But then again I did just wake up.
She said she's the closest thing to a "conscience" that exists.

Hence, "Connie".
eee

Post by eee »

I have to agree with those who find it odd Shelly waited 80,000+ years to get back at Connie for that. Maybe she found an old diary that reminded her of the event, and decided it was "Gotcha!" time.

I'd like a bit more information about this situation, though. Why is Connie still living in the boiler room in Shelly's... mind? Soul? Time And Relative Dimension In Space? Why was there a boiler room there in the first place? How did Shelly manage to sneak in and take Connie so unaware? What was Connie up to, anyway, crawling around on the ceiling? And why is Connie still in that ratty t-shirt? Can't Shelly buy her a nice jumper? :?