Terrible Person 2015-09-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Bathorys Daughter

Re: Terrible Person 2015-09-08

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Well poo! That's it?
Hanineal wrote:I wonder if Tara brought the bear back with her. Inside her…
One can only hope that there will be much more to this. In a Pinhead meets Glee kind of way. :twisted:
Last edited by Bathorys Daughter on Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Tara was outwardly centered almost the entire adventure, seeking the voice calling for help and upon finding the teddy bear immediately picking it up to look for its owner. Jordan was self-centered most of the adventure, looking out for #1. Since Tara was already a halfway decent person she did not have nor need the epiphany that Jordan got.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Julie

Post by Julie »

I, too, wonder what happened to the teddy bear. Was it just a sign that nothing bad would happen to Tara because she was proving to be a nice person? Or will there be some follow up where we find out that the mantis-demon-thingy piggybacked a ride out with her? It's very sweet that she's concerned about the bear though. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:Well poo! That's it?
Hanineal wrote:I wonder if Tara brought the bear back with her. Inside her…
One can only hope that there will be much more to this. In a Pinhead meets Glee kind of way. :twisted:
Curses upon you ma'am. Now i have a mental movie running of Pinhead and the Cenobites singing show tunes. Not a pretty thing to see. :oops:
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote:Curses upon you ma'am. Now i have a mental movie running of Pinhead and the Cenobites singing show tunes. Not a pretty thing to see. :oops:
Aaaaaah! Communicable imagery! Infectious meme!

Get some hot water! Get some bandages and iodine! Autoclave the mindscrubbers! I need that brain bleach in here stat!
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

Julie wrote:I, too, wonder what happened to the teddy bear. Was it just a sign that nothing bad would happen to Tara because she was proving to be a nice person? Or will there be some follow up where we find out that the mantis-demon-thingy piggybacked a ride out with her? It's very sweet that she's concerned about the bear though. :)
I find it interesting that neither of them seem to remember anything except how they "felt" . . .or how their actions made Devyn feel--same thing.

and I noticed that both Tara and Jordan were given the same situation in Devyns magical world, but their actions/in-actions caused them to take different paths. I can't help but wonder what would have happened to Jordan if she had been nicer to the "kid" and had offered help and comfort instead of calling her stupid.

I doubt the teddy bear left the magical world as it wasn't real to begin with.

Jordan seems to be in a hurry to go make amends by apologizing to Devyn, or jumping off a bridge--not sure which.

I'm hoping it is apologizing because I can just see her running up to Devyn and Atsali and babbling on about how sorry she is, etc. and Atsali asking Devyn "What did you do to her" the response (too easy) "Do? I didn't "DO" anything . . ."
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

jwhouk wrote:Possibly Tara got the "good" ending while Jordan got the Mega-sad" ending to their adventure.
I'm thinking that Tara redeemed herself by following the call for help with the intention to actually help instead of trying to find Jordan right away... showing that inside she is really a good person, just a follower. Perhaps losing the bear and giving her that bit of sadness is a point that she is still missing or hasn't really had the time to realize yet.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:Curses upon you ma'am. Now i have a mental movie running of Pinhead and the Cenobites singing show tunes. Not a pretty thing to see. :oops:

Get some hot water! Get some bandages and iodine! Autoclave the mindscrubbers! I need that brain bleach in here stat!
We're too late, Doctor- the disease has metasisized throughout the body! I'm even getting positive signs from the far-flung Ilses of Langderham! We'll need a full body purge- get... the BARNEY TAPES!!!

PS- Mindscrubbers won't survive the autoclave- we use a 12 minute soak in gluteradehyde with a sterile water rinse.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Dave wrote:

But the lyrics are altered to fit the characters and setting(s). It's ALL filked with the exception of one or two songs taken hilarious out of context.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

DilyV wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Possibly Tara got the "good" ending while Jordan got the Mega-sad" ending to their adventure.
I'm thinking that Tara redeemed herself by following the call for help with the intention to actually help instead of trying to find Jordan right away... showing that inside she is really a good person, just a follower. Perhaps losing the bear and giving her that bit of sadness is a point that she is still missing or hasn't really had the time to realize yet.
Mind I'd argue that looking for your friend is more important than some random voice but hey, this is a fantasy story.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:

We're too late, Doctor- the disease has metasisized throughout the body! I'm even getting positive signs from the far-flung Ilses of Langderham! We'll need a full body purge- get... the BARNEY TAPES!!!

PS- Mindscrubbers won't survive the autoclave- we use a 12 minute soak in gluteradehyde with a sterile water rinse.
BARNEY TAPES!!! those were outlawed by the Geneva conventions as inhumane, leave me with Pinhead singing Oklahoma before showing me that pleasseeee!!!!
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
s-o

Post by s-o »

kingklash wrote:Someone give Tara a bear, please.
At least one of the ursamorphs is currently without a partner, isn't she?
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:BARNEY TAPES!!! those were outlawed by the Geneva conventions as inhumane, leave me with Pinhead singing Oklahoma before showing me that pleasseeee!!!!
So was the garrotte- but I still was issued and trained with one.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHERS!!!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHERS!!!
Joe... you're scaring me...
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
jwhouk wrote:PURPLE MONKEY DISHWASHERS!!!
Joe... you're scaring me...
http://twolumps.net/d/20081008.html - or, how having a purple monkey dishwasher as a guide can lead to an epic adventure into Otherwhere that's a bit like what Tara and Jordan have just experienced.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Code: Select all

Way Out West they got a name, for Wind & Sun & Fire...
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

TazManiac wrote:

Code: Select all

Way Out West they got a name, for Wind & Sun & Fire...
Let's not drag Clint Eastwood into this one...

But I would rather listen to Paint Your Wagon ANY day over the purple pseudo-Dino thing. Thank the deities that my daughter was not a fan.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Hansontoons wrote:But I would rather listen to Paint Your Wagon ANY day over the purple pseudo-Dino thing. Thank the deities that my daughter was not a fan.
i don't remember exactly where my roommates younger son heard her talking about how she REALLY hated Spongebob, and that she was glad that the older son (by two years) had not acquired the taste for that show, but the words "Devil" in combination with "Spongebob Squarepants is the:" were uttered.... TIME SKIP... a few years later, he's in kindergarten and the class was going to be watching an episode of a show for a rainy-day recess or something (i forget exactly why) but when the show that they were going to watch was said to be that one, he stood up and claimed that he wasn't allowed to watch that show because "Spongebob Was The Devil"... Heather got a phone call AT WORK shortly after that from the school staff about that one... when she came home that night and told us about it, we all cracked up... at the time she was talking to the staff, she was embarrassed as all get out, but afterwards she laughed with the rest of us...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I once put a LARGE stuffed Barney out on the long (pfff! LONG? only 200 yards...) range and told everyone it was an 'open target'. Red flag went up, RM called 'OPEN' and told us we 'may engage your targets'.

The opening volley sounded like full auto fire- and most of the rifles were turnbolts. In less than ten seconds, there was nothing but fluff and bits of purple. Twelve shooters with a determined hatred of Barney- you had to be there to appreciate it
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.